Status
Not open for further replies.

Boozie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay another question, what exactly is Moonshell and will it come with a standard EOS 1.02 download?

I know:
"Moonshell
A DS Homebrew application that allows a Flashcart to play MP3's and some video files. "

From the glossary, but if I'm not playing MP3 or video do I need to get it?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I thought the DSTWO EOS was based on Moonshell2...
unsure.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
alidsl said:
Moonshell isn't needed for the EOS to run

but now you mention it they are quite similar
unsure.gif
No, what I meant was: the EOS of the DSTWO is a modified Moonshell2, just like the old DSONE(i) OS was based on Moonshell 1.5.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the moonshell ui is pretty cool so I'm not complaining
biggrin.gif

I had no idea it was based on moonshell, you learn something new every day
smile.gif

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO FIND SD CARD.

Used Panasonic SD Formatter with default options (v2.0). Used v2.95 with default options. Both made it FAT. used Windows 7 to format to FAT32. All of these had the same result.

Card is a 2GB Sandisk Class 2 MicroSD card. It has worked fine in my Acekard 2i for a long time. Never had any issues until now with the SCDS2.

Suggestions?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OrGoN3 said:
NO FIND SD CARD.

Used Panasonic SD Formatter with default options (v2.0). Used v2.95 with default options. Both made it FAT. used Windows 7 to format to FAT32. All of these had the same result.

Card is a 2GB Sandisk Class 2 MicroSD card. It has worked fine in my Acekard 2i for a long time. Never had any issues until now with the SCDS2.

Suggestions?

I have one, try not putting the Micro SD in the slot wonky
smileipb2.png
that's the trouble your having you have to make sure you put the Micro SD in straight or it won't recognise.

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this flashcart even usable? I really wanted it for new games but if it's completely obnoxious....;_;

Really? How bad is the build? Can someone take a picture? As long as it stays in my ds lite and I can run my finger over the top of the ds lite without pushing the cart out, it's fine.

And will it ever recieve the features that it's....supposed to have. >_> Mainly, SNES emulation.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While this isn't really a con, anyone else notice that the CPU causes the card to actually generate a tiny bit of heat? Not so bad when it's cold out though
tongue.gif

I have liked mine so far, the people whining about the little things are just anal bullshitters and probably fanboys of other cards. The DSTwo is great for what it does, the GBA emulator at the moment is excellent.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PyroSpark said:
Is this flashcart even usable? I really wanted it for new games but if it's completely obnoxious....;_;

Really? How bad is the build? Can someone take a picture? As long as it stays in my ds lite and I can run my finger over the top of the ds lite without pushing the cart out, it's fine.

And will it ever recieve the features that it's....supposed to have. >_> Mainly, SNES emulation.

Yes the flashcart is useable. It has even bypassed newer AP's that others had to wait for a patch. It failed at a few older games, but those were fixed.

The build isn't bad, it's just thick due to the onboard CPU and RAM. It'll stay in there, trust me. It popping out is not one thing you're going to have to worry about.

Yes, it will eventually receive SNES emulation. Just wait. It will also receive it's own GBA emulation, that's better than iPlayer's.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
I have one, try not putting the Micro SD in the slot wonky
smileipb2.png
that's the trouble your having you have to make sure you put the Micro SD in straight or it won't recognise.

Thanks for the suggestion, but, I'm not putting it in wonky. I made sure to try it about 20 more times, in case I was putting it in wonky. All were with no success.

Very frustrating to have a cart that won't read the memory card. Unfortunately, it's the only MicroSD card I have
frown.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PyroSpark said:
Yes the flashcart is very usuable, I've enjoyed many hours of NDS and GBA games on it (also the tedious task of skin making
yay.gif
).

It's fine really, there's nothing wrong with the build quality, due to the chips on the cart it's alot thicker than usual so thinner plastic has had to be used for the housing, even then my DSTWO feels nice and sturdy.
If you want pictures I have some floating around my first impressions thread, or any other review thread.

YES FFS!!!
Damn it it's people whining like this that made them release the DSTWO before all of the features were finished, would you like them to release the software before it's finished too?

QUOTE(OrGoN3 @ Jun 3 2010, 07:25 AM) Thanks for the suggestion, but, I'm not putting it in wonky. I made sure to try it about 20 more times, in case I was putting it in wonky. All were with no success.

Very frustrating to have a cart that won't read the memory card. Unfortunately, it's the only MicroSD card I have
frown.gif

Hmmmm, is the spring loader working fine, can you hear a decent click when you put the Micro SD in and take it out?

When you've put the Micro SD in it SHOULDN'T be flush with the top of the cart it should sit lower a little.

Are you trying to load it in Manual mode or Auto mode? Try both see which works best (Manual you have the DS main menu where you can change the option e.t.c, Auto you hit the touch screen on startup and the DSTWO loads straight away).

This one's pretty obvious but make sure your not putting it in the wrong way round
rofl2.gif
(because y'know that would be embarassing).

Try getting the v1.02 EOS from Official DSTWO and then put This Update File on the root of your Micro SD card and load the DSTWO up in your DS in MANUAL mode.

The only other suggestion after this is to try another Micro SD but if you dont have one then the only option your left with is to send it back for a replacement.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
Hmmmm, is the spring loader working fine, can you hear a decent click when you put the Micro SD in and take it out?

When you've put the Micro SD in it SHOULDN'T be flush with the top of the cart it should sit lower a little.

Are you trying to load it in Manual mode or Auto mode? Try both see which works best (Manual you have the DS main menu where you can change the option e.t.c, Auto you hit the touch screen on startup and the DSTWO loads straight away).

This one's pretty obvious but make sure your not putting it in the wrong way round
rofl2.gif
(because y'know that would be embarassing).

Try getting the v1.02 EOS from Official DSTWO and then put This Update File on the root of your Micro SD card and load the DSTWO up in your DS in MANUAL mode.

The only other suggestion after this is to try another Micro SD but if you dont have one then the only option your left with is to send it back for a replacement.

Spring is working just fine. It's nowhere near flush with the cart.

My DS's firmware is flashed, so it's autoloading slot-1.

If I were putting it in the wrong way, I wouldn't get that message on the screen. Probably more embarassing to just realize it wasn't a possibility.

I'm already using the latest EOS from the main site and the 1.05 update. I'm not a noob. I understand you are trying to help, and I appreciate it. But if you are thinking of just what you would do to troubleshoot the problem, I already have done that. I don't post as soon as I run into a problem. I post when I can't solve the problem myself.

Are there any MicroSD compatibility lists with the DSTwo?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OrGoN3 said:
My DS's firmware is flashed, so it's autoloading slot-1.

Sorry don't take me the wrong way I am just trying to help out with anything that you might not have thought.

I don't know what you mean by the quoted text above but if it is possible are you able to to try booting it manual mode?

Again I'm not saying your a noob so I'm sorry if you take it this way.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No SD card found means there's a problem with your µSD. Try another µSD if you can (maybe a friend's got one) and otherwise buy a new one (1GB cards are only a couple of bucks now and I don't think you'll have trouble paying that price
tongue.gif
). If that one doesn't work, there's a problem with either your SD slot or your SD card itself.

Otherwise, if possible, could you post some pictures of the card, with the µSD put in?

On another note, my DSTWO got shipped yesterday, so I'll probably get it right after my exams are finished
biggrin.gif
Thanks again for the lovely prize!
yay.gif

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
No SD card found means there's a problem with your µSD. Try another µSD if you can (maybe a friend's got one) and otherwise buy a new one (1GB cards are only a couple of bucks now and I don't think you'll have trouble paying that price
tongue.gif
). If that one doesn't work, there's a problem with either your SD slot or your SD card itself.

Otherwise, if possible, could you post some pictures of the card, with the µSD put in?

On another note, my DSTWO got shipped yesterday, so I'll probably get it right after my exams are finished
biggrin.gif
Thanks again for the lovely prize!
yay.gif

i got the no SD card error when i first got it

so i modded the card and changed the SD card slot

found out it was a bad pin connection

all fixed now
happy.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned