Not open for further replies.

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
spinal_cord said:
This one has a slight problem imho, which is that the microSD card does not sit flush with the edge of the card, it's recessed slightly, which in some peoples minds might prevent accidentally ejecting it. In my mind however, its a pain,
I find it a bit of a pain - but I've found I can use the stylus to push the MSD in/out without having to remove the SDTwo

Lol GENIUS. So that's the reason why the SC team made the card so fat... so it doesn't come out when you poke the microSD with a stylus.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkWay said:
GBA Cheats......
Okay over at the Supercard forum there's a couple of posts in the thread above on how to do GBA cheats, now I've tried this myself for a couple of games I have and I can safely say none of it has worked for me, if ANYONE has managed to get GBA cheats to work, PLEASE tell us how the fudgecake we're supposed to do it?

I've tried for:-
Shining Force - Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (E)
and
Lord of the Rings, The - The Third Age (UE)

and I can't get anything to work on either of them.
I tried the suggested method on the SC forum to no avail, it doesn't see the files as .txt.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
DarkWay said:
GBA Cheats......
Okay over at the Supercard forum there's a couple of posts in the thread above on how to do GBA cheats, now I've tried this myself for a couple of games I have and I can safely say none of it has worked for me, if ANYONE has managed to get GBA cheats to work, PLEASE tell us how the fudgecake we're supposed to do it?

I've tried for:-
Shining Force - Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (E)
and
Lord of the Rings, The - The Third Age (UE)

and I can't get anything to work on either of them.
I tried the suggested method on the SC forum to no avail, it doesn't see the files as .txt.

Make the .txt ".CHT" without the "" this is what it recognises, that's as far as I can get even after enabling the cheats they don't work.

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
DarkWay said:
I have to say I really can't wait for avi/divx playback on the DSTWO once it has that I'll be sooo happy
biggrin.gif
but even then I would really like to see the GBA emulator get fixed up abit quite soon, a few games that I got the DSTWO just to play don't work all that well or not at all which is a real shame because they're great games.

(Yes, I am being completely serious here...) Why? Why do you want to watch videos on your gaming device? This isn't a PMP, it's a handheld gaming console. If you want a PMP, go buy one. One with a screen that has a higher resolution than 256x192. Subtitles are completely illegible. Take a video file you have, and resize (or re-encode) it to 256x192 (4:3) or 256x144 (16:9) (256, 192 and 144 are all divisible by 16; 256%16=0, 192%16=0, 144%16=0). Then tell me how fun it was to watch. Don't forget to have low pixel density while doing it.

In short, it looks like garbage. The only thing you'd be able to watch are analog captures of cartoons, or other low-framerate videos.

the psp is totally awesome for achieving this, nice large decent resolution screen etc... and if your gonna waste 50 bucks on mp3/mp4 player with a 1 inch screen like a cell phone... another 50 wont hurt and u can play games and so much more! just be sure to get the biggest memory stick u can afford. i got an 8 gb and mine holds about 10 full length movies 1.5-2.5 hours each at psp "low quality" and aside from a few minor video blurps to a whole video the picture is pretty clear

• Increase capacity detect in disk for enter the game, Avoid ROMs generate the bad damage the game system

this is in the fix list of the news bullotin of gba temp homepage today... what does this mean??
that there are roms out there that can fry my ds or supercard?

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CannonFoddr said:
spinal_cord said:
This one has a slight problem imho, which is that the microSD card does not sit flush with the edge of the card, it's recessed slightly, which in some peoples minds might prevent accidentally ejecting it. In my mind however, its a pain,
I find it a bit of a pain - but I've found I can use the stylus to push the MSD in/out without having to remove the SDTwo

Okay dude I just got my SC2 today, I tried your trick, and holy shit is it amazing. I'm never taking this thing out of my DS, EVER.

But the SD slot isn't even that bad in the first place.. in fact, I find it really user friendly. If you want a really bad SD lot, the AK2i has a treacherous one that latches on to your SD card and doesn't click unless you apply an elephant's weight of force.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dont know if anyone else has noticed this but when I use the USB that came with the DSTWO it gets VERY VERY hot even if I've only copied of 1 small .cht file (the GBA cheat files, it's basically a .txt) I think I'm going to avoid using the USB that came with the DSTWO as much as I can remember to.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
DarkWay said:
I dont know if anyone else has noticed this but when I use the USB that came with the DSTWO it gets VERY VERY hot even if I've only copied of 1 small .cht file (the GBA cheat files, it's basically a .txt) I think I'm going to avoid using the USB that came with the DSTWO as much as I can remember to.

Large Micro cards always do get hot

i use a different one but i did notice the one provided seems to make it warmer

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
DarkWay said:

Large Micro cards always do get hot

i use a different one but i did notice the one provided seems to make it warmer

My 8GB Micro SDHC has never been this noticably hot before using this USB, even the one I use for my Wii games doesn't get tha thot after hours of use in the Wii.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
must be something retarded that comes along with it being little

It's the casing apparently
blink.gif
I cracked the casing off the USB and tried it without, it was so much cooler (well I took the top casing off, left the bottom on).

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey...Just a suggestion...but do you think it would be possible to make a Supercard DSTwo sub-forum within the Supercard sections. I personally never like when stuff like this is made into just one whole thread.

Boozie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the whole flash cart thing, is the DSTWO a bad place for me to start? It seems like it has everything I could ask for in comparison to the others (i've done my research). My concern is that because it's new and there isn't a lot of info out there on it, I won't be able to troubleshoot any of my problems very easily and I have no previous flash cart experience to fall back on.

Thoughts?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
JinTrigger said:
Hey...Just a suggestion...but do you think it would be possible to make a Supercard DSTwo sub-forum within the Supercard sections. I personally never like when stuff like this is made into just one whole thread.
The idea has been suggested a couple of times now and it has been taken into consideration.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Boozie said:
I'm new to the whole flash cart thing, is the DSTWO a bad place for me to start? It seems like it has everything I could ask for in comparison to the others (i've done my research). My concern is that because it's new and there isn't a lot of info out there on it, I won't be able to troubleshoot any of my problems very easily and I have no previous flash cart experience to fall back on.

Thoughts?

If it's got everything you want don't be afraid to jump right in.
I previously owned an EDGE card (it served me well
frown.gif
), then I pre-ordered this when it was time for a new flashcart.
For me the exerience was completely new, the interface, menus, options everything and I played around with it for a few hours and now it's all pretty simple (except GBA cheats they are a pain in the F'ing ass to set up(thank you raing3
wub.gif
)).
As for trouble shooting you have us as a community we'll always try to help where we can unless your completely retarded and have put your micro SDHC in the DSTWO upside down (hypotheticaly).

So go ahead and buy one if it's what your looking for
wink.gif

Boozie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks! I'm very excited to get started so I will go ahead and order what I need. I was just a little scared because the ak2i for example pretty much has a ak2i for dummies thread where it walks you through everything.

I guess for starters, do I need to run the once called Panasonic converter (can't remember the new name) on the microSD and after that do I need to get the newest firmware version on the SC website if I'm running a DSLite? I know I have to get the EOS from the site.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
I just posted this on the supercard forum;

"Hey guys,

I finally found out where the cheat icon came from on the DStwo GBA emu!

Behold:
nom.png

Cheats symbol
fringlogo.jpg

Fring logo

Fring is a mobile MSN and VOIP solution.

Just thought this would be an interesting bit of DStwo trivia."

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video playback is slow as molasses on some games. I tried dawn of sorrow and phantom hourglass both were slow but kingdom hearts was fine. The other interesting thing I noticed is that this card supports DS-GBA linkage.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Boozie said:
Okay thanks! I'm very excited to get started so I will go ahead and order what I need. I was just a little scared because the ak2i for example pretty much has a ak2i for dummies thread where it walks you through everything.

I guess for starters, do I need to run the once called Panasonic converter (can't remember the new name) on the microSD and after that do I need to get the newest firmware version on the SC website if I'm running a DSLite? I know I have to get the EOS from the site.

To get started once you have your DSTWO is Right Here that's the official DSTWO website.
you'll find EOS updates and such on that site or here most likely on the frontpage for awhile
wink.gif
once you've got that set up you can then go over to The Supercard Forum and any other updates and such will be located here, you'll also find alot of help and troubleshooting there too, personally I prefer it here I don't like the layout of the supercard forum but you can still find me there under the same username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, new pfp?