Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, the Supercard section is getting stuffed with topics with questions about the DSTWO, or just general rants, so I thought it would be best to keep that all in one topic. After all, there's still people asking questions about the DSONE(i), but those get lost in the madness
tongue.gif

So, if you have any questions or comments on the DSTWO and the way it works, post them in here!
smile.gif

jlsyber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my SC2 today. I HATE the springloaded slot and find it waaay worse than the AK2i.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Mine arrived today, I haven't tested the software yet, but I did notice a couple of things..

It is slightly thicker than other carts, which doesn't really bother me, I can still get it in and out of my DSi.
I prefer springloaded microSD slots for the simple reason, they're better. This one has a slight problem imho, which is that the microSD card does not sit flush with the edge of the card, it's recessed slightly, which in some peoples minds might prevent accidentally ejecting it. In my mind however, its a pain, I like to be able to remove the SD card without first removing the DS cart, this is very difficult when you have short fingernails although most carts sit the SD card close enough to the edge, this one however doesn't, so I have to click out the DSTwo before I can click out the SD card. Other than that I can't find any fault with the build quality.

snake32493

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Reborn X

Pokemon Emerald loads perfectly fine. Just use a clean rom. Only the RTC features are not working correctly.

creativ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
for me emerald didnt work
and yes, i used clean rom

but there are many clean roms

pls say when a pkmn game work, what scene nr it have
like this 1986, but for me i didnt work

i only can play , fire red and ruby (from mugs, this is already patched)

jlsyber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emerald didn't work for me either, for the people that have it working, did you have to change any of the settings. Also what countries version are you using.
I don't have anything against springloaded slots. It's just with the SC2 it's much harder to remove the microSD from the slot. The build quality is pretty bad as well. The protruding chip is quite annoying, but I'll get used to it after a while.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to say I really can't wait for avi/divx playback on the DSTWO once it has that I'll be sooo happy
biggrin.gif
but even then I would really like to see the GBA emulator get fixed up abit quite soon, a few games that I got the DSTWO just to play don't work all that well or not at all which is a real shame because they're great games.

KrylonBlue

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else encounter this problem? I've search around and found people where their ds (i or lite) didn't not recognize the card and it shows up as nothing.
For me though, the card gets recognized and I see fish tycoon. The only problem is whenever I try to start it, it tells me an error has occurred. Any help would be appreciated.

viz

neckbeard
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
KrylonBlue said:
Anyone else encounter this problem? I've search around and found people where their ds (i or lite) didn't not recognize the card and it shows up as nothing.
For me though, the card gets recognized and I see fish tycoon. The only problem is whenever I try to start it, it tells me an error has occurred. Any help would be appreciated.

i think its a connection problem, take the card out, blow some air in there then retry , should fix it

KrylonBlue

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I tried that. I even tried with and without an sd card in it. I have no idea what it could be. I'm gonna try to reformat the sd card and try it again. Hopefully, it will fix itself somehow.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
viz said:
KrylonBlue said:

i think its a connection problem, take the card out, blow some air in there then retry , should fix it

You realise this could cause more harm then help?

When you reformat you Micro SD copy just the DSTWO files over then do the games a chunk at a time (depends on how many games you have) if you copy everything over at once you could fry your Micro SD card
wink.gif
but First off I'd just suggest copying the DSTWO files and then 1 game pu tit in your DS and see if it works.

If you get a blue screen saying no SD card (or something similar) then you've put the SD card in wonky so take it out and try again
rofl2.gif

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
I have to say I really can't wait for avi/divx playback on the DSTWO once it has that I'll be sooo happy
biggrin.gif
but even then I would really like to see the GBA emulator get fixed up abit quite soon, a few games that I got the DSTWO just to play don't work all that well or not at all which is a real shame because they're great games.

(Yes, I am being completely serious here...) Why? Why do you want to watch videos on your gaming device? This isn't a PMP, it's a handheld gaming console. If you want a PMP, go buy one. One with a screen that has a higher resolution than 256x192. Subtitles are completely illegible. Take a video file you have, and resize (or re-encode) it to 256x192 (4:3) or 256x144 (16:9) (256, 192 and 144 are all divisible by 16; 256%16=0, 192%16=0, 144%16=0). Then tell me how fun it was to watch. Don't forget to have low pixel density while doing it.

In short, it looks like garbage. The only thing you'd be able to watch are analog captures of cartoons, or other low-framerate videos.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OrGoN3 said:
DarkWay said:
biggrin.gif

(Yes, I am being completely serious here...) Why? Why do you want to watch videos on your gaming device? This isn't a PMP, it's a handheld gaming console. If you want a PMP, go buy one. One with a screen that has a higher resolution than 256x192. Subtitles are completely illegible. Take a video file you have, and resize (or re-encode) it to 256x192 (4:3) or 256x144 (16:9) (256, 192 and 144 are all divisible by 16; 256%16=0, 192%16=0, 144%16=0). Then tell me how fun it was to watch. Don't forget to have low pixel density while doing it.

In short, it looks like garbage. The only thing you'd be able to watch are analog captures of cartoons, or other low-framerate videos.

blink.gif
I've converted various films into DPG before now (with great difficulty) that were subtitled and I could watch and read it fine, it must just be your eye sight
wink.gif
I left converting to DPG because it was way too much hassle and I'd like to play avi/divx videos on my DS because I own a DS and don't really want to fork money out for another device that I can't really afford at the moment. The DS is portable enough for me to take around anywhere, I can be on the train playing a game or watching a film which I can see perfectly fine on the little screen and it'll cost nothing extra because I already own it.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know how to get cheats enabled on GBA games? I downloaded the cheat files and put them on the memory card but I can't get them enabled for some reason.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GBA Cheats......
Okay over at the Supercard forum there's a couple of posts in the thread above on how to do GBA cheats, now I've tried this myself for a couple of games I have and I can safely say none of it has worked for me, if ANYONE has managed to get GBA cheats to work, PLEASE tell us how the fudgecake we're supposed to do it?

I've tried for:-
Shining Force - Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (E)
and
Lord of the Rings, The - The Third Age (UE)

and I can't get anything to work on either of them.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having trouble with DSOrganise? It keeps complaining that it's out of RAM when booted on SCDSTwo.

*edit*
Nevermind, it was the way my SD card was formatted apparently. Moonshell 2 seems even faster than it was before too after reformatting.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
This one has a slight problem imho, which is that the microSD card does not sit flush with the edge of the card, it's recessed slightly, which in some peoples minds might prevent accidentally ejecting it. In my mind however, its a pain,
I find it a bit of a pain - but I've found I can use the stylus to push the MSD in/out without having to remove the SDTwo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y