shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
this is gonna smoke all carts esp since the all time favorite question has been answered dually
"can i play gba games on my ds cart?... Yes *GASP*"

they have done absolutely everything tht the community would want with the cart
they just have to release constant updates to combat Anti-Piracy

though

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally, i have always used Supercard products, and i=have never had ANY problem with the speed of the GUI, it seems to me that some members are a little bitimpatient
smile.gif

but yeh, ill definately get this, and will look forward to seing some images/videos
biggrin.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds nice. I am hoping they changed the save system... And also am hoping that it is faster then the old GUI.

It's awesome now since they have the GBA support. This basically eats the iPlayer up... Now all I need to know is if it can play .avi files then this will be awesome.

armageddan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome. i have the ez-flash combo but i think i may buy this in case i get a dsi. gotta love that gba support.

EDIT: and i agree with boxshot on this one, they should relocate the sd input to the side instead of the top.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
The Cart will probably have its own menu of its own. This news also sucks for the people who have the Supercard DSone because I don't think they will update it now.

Lol thats not true at all. They are still updating the oldest SC CF and SD carts so we have nothing to worry about
yaynds.gif

Oy yeah, I will be purchasing this
smile.gif

morcar

Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
I think the big question is how good is the SNES emulator on the card i mean will it run the super fx games at full speed and what about mode 7 how good does it do that ?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JBW said:
I not buy this for a while, other flashcarts may add extra RAM too. If I do get it ill hold onto my acekard 2i aswell though, because of all the updates. I heard supercard dont get that many updates.

I could be wrong, but it'll probably take much longer for them to do it. Remember, the first GBA Emulator for the DS was made for the DSiPlayer, which was made by the Supercard team. The other teams can't just copy/rip-off that hardware, or they would've done it by now. And because Supercard made the DSiPlayer, they already have the Emulator, though hopefully they'll freaking finetune it, they don't have to make a new GBA emulator. Everyone else would.

P.S. To the person who said people need to stop relying on Team Cyclo, very good. Some people learn. Cyclo is now both out of date, AND obsolete. It does nothing that other cards can't do.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
morcar said:
I think the big question is how good is the SNES emulator on the card i mean will it run the super fx games at full speed and what about mode 7 how good does it do that ?
Mode7 was a feature in a lot of SNES games, most in fact. It didn't require a special chip to run. It was basically just the ability to create a fake flat 3D effect via rotating and scaling. SnemulDS already played a fair share of games with mode7 correctly and fairly well. Fzero comes to mind, along with some RPG's with a mode7 map.

What i'm looking forward to are less glitches, better compatibility, and better speed. And of course, if possibly, special chip support. Here's a list of games using special chips that didn't work in snemulDS-

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNES_games_with_special_chips

These games may or may not work at all. It's fair to assume they'll TRY to get them to work though. But speeds might not be that great. Non-special chip games should now run just fine though.

As for price, don't quote that it will be expensive or cheap. We don't know how much it will be yet. Could be $20, could be $40, could be $50 (doubt it will be as much as $50). I'm personally thinking somewhere around $35. That was the iplayer price on dealextreme.

Vsin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone post a link to a place that tells all the information one could want to know about this device in one article? This is something completely new to me that I am not familiar with but it does sound interesting. One other thing, can someone comment if this will be the best one to get or is there another type of card like this that is superior?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: so sad