Gaming Super Smash Bros 3DS Demo-Your Thoughts on the Game

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Playing the full version - and damn, it's so good!

Everything feels very fluid and the stages are fun. Especially "Gameboy" and "PictoChat 2" are my favorites.

eilan25

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ok, so I just started playing the demo as it went public
They did a really solid job on it!
Visually this game is amazing! can be kinda hectic with 4 players FFA but all in all it's great. Characters pop out and I had no problem keeping track on myself, although I needed to stay focused at all times... But it is a fast, action pact game.
The only thing I found a bit bothersome is the Circle pad. It doesn't feel precise enough and I found myself doing different actions then what I was trying to do at times.
With mega man this seems the most crucial as he has a mix of ranged and close attacks and getting mixed up can cost me a valuable point.
Though I suspect that with a little time I will get used to it, seeing as in about 5 matches I improved greatly.
Plus I LOVE new Link! a lot more agile and quick, it's really noticeable.
All in all it looks and feels really promising. Gonna pre-order it for sure! I'm SO HYPED for the full version!

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Playing the full version - and damn, it's so good!

Everything feels very fluid and the stages are fun. Especially "Gameboy" and "PictoChat 2" are my favorites.

Can you explain in how far you are able to customize the controls?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you explain in how far you are able to customize the controls?
From what I know you can swap the buttons (not switch to whatever you want, just swap, so you will always have 2 jumps) and can't use the dpad for anything. That's just what I've heard though.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
From what I know you can swap the buttons (not switch to whatever you want, just swap, so you will always have 2 jumps) and can't use the dpad for anything. That's just what I've heard though.

:sad: Well, gotta accustom myself to the analog pad control then. *pictures of broken analog pads come to mind*

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's so fucking smoooooth even with stereo-3D on!
However I did notice accessing home menu is considerably slow and shutting demo down reboots the system?

That's because the game has higher CPU usage than other games, that's also the reason why you can't access the MiiVerse and the Internet browser while pausing the game.

Iluyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was thinking about getting the 3DS version, mainly because I cant just wait for the Wii U Version, which i'm gonna get in any case, So i figured, I'l try the demo, and if it really rocks, i'l get the 3ds version aswell.

I wont be buying the 3DS version.
My biggest trouble with the game is the controls, it just doesnt feel right/play fluidly, I cannot archieve the same speed/plays as with a controller. Some people may not have an issue with that but I found that I do.
I thought the game was still cool but only refreshing, some new content, but not really NEW.
This seems like a Melee-Brawl port......I'm really dissapointed that characters like Pikachu, Mario and Link kept ALL of their moves, and basically all play exactly the same.....
As for the Characters, I was dissapointed with Megaman.
For MegaMan there where tons of posabilities, in his moveset and yet you have him fire projectiles asside from his skill moves, but with his basic attack moves aswell. I like the top Spin in it, that was a good move, but basic A makes him shoot, and it just feels weak, as does his smash. Didnt like his Skill moves either, they dont seem that effective.

I thought Villager was awesome though ^^. Mario really sucks.
Link and Pikachu decent, but nothing new about them, and thats a shame.

All in all I expect a little more than just some new characters and maps and a gameplay balance between brawl and melee, from the Wii U version.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was thinking about getting the 3DS version, mainly because I cant just wait for the Wii U Version, which i'm gonna get in any case, So i figured, I'l try the demo, and if it really rocks, i'l get the 3ds version aswell.

I wont be buying the 3DS version.
My biggest trouble with the game is the controls, it just doesnt feel right/play fluidly, I cannot archieve the same speed/plays as with a controller. Some people may not have an issue with that but I found that I do.
I thought the game was still cool but only refreshing, some new content, but not really NEW.
This seems like a Melee-Brawl port......I'm really dissapointed that characters like Pikachu, Mario and Link kept ALL of their moves, and basically all play exactly the same.....
As for the Characters, I was dissapointed with Megaman.
For MegaMan there where tons of posabilities, in his moveset and yet you have him fire projectiles asside from his skill moves, but with his basic attack moves aswell. I like the top Spin in it, that was a good move, but basic A makes him shoot, and it just feels weak, as does his smash. Didnt like his Skill moves either, they dont seem that effective.

I thought Villager was awesome though ^^. Mario really sucks.
Link and Pikachu decent, but nothing new about them, and thats a shame.

All in all I expect a little more than just some new characters and maps and a gameplay balance between brawl and melee, from the Wii U version.
Wut? Mario is really good now. Megaman shooting makes sense given his games. Also every single game in the series is more characters, more stages and gameplay adjustments. And some additional modes that most people don't really play other than to unlock things.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry. I would have answered earlier, but I thought the question was already answered through this. Did not read the last sentence though.

But it's like you said, you cant use the analog stick at all, only switch the buttons.

@Above: Mario is damn good. : P

Raptile01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wut? Mario is really good now. Megaman shooting makes sense given his games. Also every single game in the series is more characters, more stages and gameplay adjustments. And some additional modes that most people don't really play other than to unlock things.

yeah. was thinking the same. the demo REALLY doesnt give the game enough credit. i feel that the modes especially the fact that most (if not all) can be played coop really make the changes.

obviously, if you only want a competitive fighting game changes might be smaller than you expect but neither do i think sakurai put most of his effort into making it super competitive (even tho he tried especially with the omega stages) but also i think adding many characters with huge gamplay changes/new abbilites (thinking like little mac or shulk or even greninja and many more) does give a lot of new stuff to play around with. all things the demo didnt show.

some people just want that ssbm feeling that was created accidentally... but that cant be recreated ;) [and prolly shouldnt. ssbmler will always be ssbmler]

Iluyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I don't know I just didnt like him, the water shooting thing is really weak imo. But Its fine, there are a lot of characters in the game, and there will be some you like and some you don't, and that can be different for everyone.
Its true that Megaman shooting makes sence, But gameplay wise, I didnt really like it personally.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
People are living well into the 100+%'s now that this mechanic we all thought worked... actually now works.

It makes the game way more about pursuing the enemy off the edge as you they are constantly flying off then returning.

This makes little mac sad.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's so fucking smoooooth even with stereo-3D on!
However I did notice accessing home menu is considerably slow and shutting demo down reboots the system?

I don't know if this is a flashcard only trick but you can stop the rebooting by suspending smash, opening the camera app which closes smash bros, then closing the camera app. Its faster than rebooting.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I want to play Smash on my MTCard :(

While Smash 3DS is good it won't reach the heights of the Smash Wii U edition. It's kinda disappointing to even think about it that we're getting the lesser version for now and waiting for the definitive which comes out during Christmas.

Still, they do offer the Smash 2CD Soundtrack (if registered both 3DS and Wii U editions on Club Nintendo) plus a free game (you'll need to register a new 2DS/3DS system on your Club Nintendo to acquire it).

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While Smash 3DS is good it won't reach the heights of the Smash Wii U edition. It's kinda disappointing to even think about it that we're getting the lesser version for now and waiting for the definitive which comes out during Christmas.

People are getting the taste of the 3DS version but its actually starting to feel like a fully fledged game that only one copy of the game is needed. Smash bros on a handheld for the first time has got it right in many ways and is most likely gonna sell very well due to its popularity. Who knows, the 3DS might reach right next to the Wii U version as it has many more of its units sold or possibly more.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P