Hacking Super Smash 3ds Rom? Crashed Gateway?

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dammit. i totally forgot the 3ds didn't know there was another sd card in it and i thought it was talking about deleting all of the data off of that. flarg! i just deleted my whole library of savegames

this is what happens when you are trying to fix a game when you're also trying to hack your psp while you're putting together your setlist for the show you're DJing on halloween, talking to your girlfriend, making vacating plans with your kids, responding to work emails, and watching tv at the same time.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
dammit. i totally forgot the 3ds didn't know there was another sd card in it and i thought it was talking about deleting all of the data off of that. flarg! i just deleted my whole library of savegames

this is what happens when you are trying to fix a game when you're also trying to hack your psp while you're putting together your setlist for the show you're DJing on halloween, talking to your girlfriend, making vacating plans with your kids, responding to work emails, and watching tv at the same time.
there is a very very slim chance some data recovery would work, but its likely the saves would of been at the start of the SD card and have been overwrote by emunand.....i wouldnt even say its worth trying tbh............but....idk if the saves where very important you could......just scan the card with this and see if it gets anything
http://recuva.en.softonic.com/

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's all good. i enjoy playing videogames enough that i'll be able to get myself back to where i was in every game. no big deal

i feel like i'm doing something wrong. the 3ds has been "formatting the nand" since my last post several hours ago, and nothing has happened. this doesn't seem right

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Then stop and do it over again.
Oh, are you back up your nand yet?
It may not seem significant but you may need it later if something go wrong and you update you real nand.

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel like i already did all of this

but it didn't take as long. i remember backing up my nand. and i followed all of the initial directions correctly. so what am i doing wrong. i just want to play smash

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't really help you on your problem, but you're not going to be able to play smash until Gateway releases an update.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't really help you on your problem, but you're not going to be able to play smash until Gateway releases an update.

He can play smash fine. Format Emunand then use the Smash rom to update emunand to 8.1. He won't be able to get the patch to play online though.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to play it until Gateway updates their firmware to support 9.xx

Here is the corrected version

You won't be able to play it online until Gateway updates their firmware to support 9.xx you can play offline till then

As long as you have the same region rom as your 3ds you can boot into the gw menu by holding the L trigger and then hold the up arrow before you click gateway mode and when you goto load ssb it asked you to update.

Criznittle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the corrected version

You won't be able to play it online until Gateway updates their firmware to support 9.xx you can play offline till then

As long as you have the same region rom as your 3ds you can boot into the gw menu by holding the L trigger and then hold the up arrow before you click gateway mode and when you goto load ssb it asked you to update.

Thanks, i just found out you could update emunand with a rom. Is that a fairly recent development?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, i just found out you could update emunand with a rom. Is that a fairly recent development?

No, just doesn't seem widely known. Most people just do an update through settings whenever Gateway gets compatability, but with the influx of people needing to update to play smash more people are hearing about it, since 9.x isnt compatable at the moment.

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone point me to where i can download launcher.dat? i don't seem to have the gw_omega zip anymore and every one i download won't open as an archive. it's driving me crazy. i didn't back up my emunand initially cause my card was too small and now i think i can get it right but i need launcher.dat. unless someone can just mail me the file i'd go for that as well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: