Hacking Super Smash 3ds Rom? Crashed Gateway?

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this happened to anyone else but I got a copy of the rom and loaded it up on gateway and the music started up and then it totally crashed gateway. it took me a minute to power off my 3ds and then when i got it back up and running the gateway wouldn't work, and continued not to work until i deleted the rom. anyone else?

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you don't have gateway emunand on 8.1 and 4gb+ SD card, you can't run smash.

If you do, then it might be a problem on your microSD card, try a different one, or just try putting the smash rom there and nothing else.

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe i'm just not getting it... it says 4.3.0-9U. am i in the wrong place? i tried putting suyper smash on it's own microsd card and it still crashed.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, it means you didn't create the emunand partition on your sd card. Backup your sd card data then choose "format emunand" option on the gateway menu.

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh

do i do that with the first card or the second card? i thought i was all set... i've been playing games just fine the whole time and haven't had a problem until super smash

djspiderman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're right, i didn't format the emunand on this specific microsd card. totally overlooked it. DUH wow. it's been a rough couple of 33 years

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You could play other games before because they did not require emunand. However, some recent games have come out that require emunand to be present in order to work, even for offline play. I guess the recent firmware has more piracy checks in them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1