Super Nintendo World theme park opens in 2023 in the U.S.

super nintendo world.JPG

Today is MAR10 day and the House of Mario has some news to share; that of its theme park, Super Nintendo World, coming to the U.S. In a tweet today, the official Universal Studios Hollywood made the announcement:

Universal Studios Hollywood also mentioned that exclusive merch will launch soon. While not much else is known about the project and the type of entertainment it will offer, the Mario-themed park at Universal Studios Japan opened last year and might give an idea as to what to expect in the U.S.

:arrow: SOURCE

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
I am torn between my two greatest callings in life: Being a Floridian, and being a Gamer. Do I leave the east coast behind for a day in paradise, or do I patiently wait for the day when Orlando can hold it’s own world of Nintendo? Only time can tell.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am torn between my two greatest callings in life: Being a Floridian, and being a Gamer. Do I leave the east coast behind for a day in paradise, or do I patiently wait for the day when Orlando can hold it’s own world of Nintendo? Only time can tell.
Can't you just make your own out of gators and old people?

Reactions: WiiHomebrew+Snes

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Taking bets on how long this will last.

Theme parks is not much of a growth industry and most gimmick ones like this don't tend to last long enough to go through a refresh cycle.

On the other hand if I live to see the rise of the Nintendo equivalent of the Disney parks crazies and people gaming the system then I shall be amused. Choice link for those wanting something of an exploration into that

or those that buy disney themed houses for [small fortune].
Similarly if you thought this gaming/tech lark was a sea of shills, payoffs and wannabe influencers you haven't seen anything yet.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Having been to the one in Osaka, if you are on the fence about getting the wrist band (if they use it on the American park as well) I would say it is overall not worth the 35 dollars (3600 yen as of date).

It is just a silly gimmick that you will not use for more than a couple seconds and then move onto the rest of the park. The benefits for using it are just to collect coins/stamps around the Nintendo World area. That´s about it.

There is apparently one ride called Yoshi´s Adventure you can unlock if you do all 4 wristband-related attractions (best one being the Mario Kart ride), but it was broken down the day I attended, and doing all the other rides would imply spending more than half of your day on that small Nintendo World area due to its popularity and the insane large queues.

Reactions: Hanafuda

tranceology3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taking bets on how long this will last.

Theme parks is not much of a growth industry and most gimmick ones like this don't tend to last long enough to go through a refresh cycle.

On the other hand if I live to see the rise of the Nintendo equivalent of the Disney parks crazies and people gaming the system then I shall be amused. Choice link for those wanting something of an exploration into that

or those that buy disney themed houses for [small fortune].
Similarly if you thought this gaming/tech lark was a sea of shills, payoffs and wannabe influencers you haven't seen anything yet.

I havent looked at the statistics. But I just dont see how it's not a growth industry. Disneyland has constantly expanded. I mean look at the giant Star wars land. They wouldnt have invested in that if it wasnt "growing" also prices are skyrocketing for theme parks. Now i know prices goes a long with inflation, but what I see is they can raise prices much faster cause demand is so high. And then for the fact every time I go, theme parks are always packed to hell, despite them adding more rides and more open space. It was never like this in the 80s/90s. Tickets were very cheap, and it was rare for extremely long wait times. I remember getting on like 90% of the rides as a kid. Now i get to do like 3 major rides, and like 5 dinky attractions in a day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7