ROM Hack Super Mario Bros. Next - A NSMB2 Mod

pumpkin_pips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That is such a shame. I really enjoyed the Halloween demo and was looking forward to more :(

Why is it dead? Can you at least release what you finished?
Next isn't done for yet, we have had some members leave the project (most notably our ASM hackers and our lead developer) but a few of us are going to try and salvage the mod, though it will be aiming lower and won't have ASM hacks anymore (no new power ups or enemies).

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand developers come and go and projects sometimes get dropped. But there was a lot of excitement around this project, so it would be nice if someone could at least explain what has happened, or even make the resources available so others could continue the work.

Reactions: akira123

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So how is this gonna work like what is the "riivolution app" (for those who know about the wii hacking scene), for 3DS? Or will there be custom cias just for this game?

EDIT: rip realised project is dead.

Last edited by Wizardkoer,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What really? Project is dead? Why do people give up...
I was looking so forward to this ROM Hack, I love the Newer Wii version so much.

I hope the 3D Land one doesn't get cancelled...

Last edited by thekarter104,

Explos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What really? Project is dead? Why do people give up...
We didn't give up, arguments and promising too much caused people to get burned out and not want to continue, many of the team members have moved to do different projects and such.

Next will happen someday, just right now it is too ambitious of a project for it to be feasible

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It might succeed, but remember what happened with SMG2.5...

As for the whole moving on to other projects thing, I am working on an almost full mod based around seasons, which should be released early next year.
They're pretty much finished, just adding extra levels. If they give up (I doubt they will) they'll just release what they made. It's playable, but they're adding more in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course