Homebrew Stuck on 1 step of the guide

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I was following the dsi cfw guide. I was able to install unlaunch but can't install hiyacfw.

I was at the point of when you have to install hiyacfw thought hiya helper into the sd card. The process went perfect, then I inserted it in my dsi, went to options>no button but it does not list HIYACFW as the guide says. I repeated the whole process with same results.
Was I supposed to select the root of the sd for hiyahelper to copy the files right?

Rude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the latest version of HiyaCFWHelper will let you select your sd card and copy directly to there.
Otherwise, yes, copy the files from HiyaCFWHelper out folder to the root of the sdcard.

Last edited by Rude,

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I believe the latest version of HiyaCFWHelper will let you select your sd card and copy directly to there.
Otherwise, yes, copy the files from HiyaCFWHelper out folder to the root of the sdcard.
then I have everything in order but why is hiyacfw not showing on unlaunch settings? :(

Rude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a lot of files on your sd card you may have to scroll down through a bunch of files,
(some of the files have glitched file names), to find it. unlaunch should list everything on your sdcard as well as DSI system titles. If it is stil not working I would first back up my sdcard and format it as fat using default settings and then trying it again making sure only the Hiya files are on it. These should be the only files on the sdcard in the screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 303

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
still no luck :(
okay I deleted a few things and left my sd just like yours. I think Unlaunch is only showing what's on the nand. The guide doesn't explain this part.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still no luck :(
okay I deleted a few things and left my sd just like yours. I think Unlaunch is only showing what's on the nand. The guide doesn't explain this part.
Hmm, seems Unlaunch isn't reading your SD card for some reason.
Make sure it's correctly inserted.

Rude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In unlaunch dsi titles will be listed in green and files it finds on the sdcard will be listed in gray.
Try scrolling down through all the files, there may be more if you keep scrolling down.
Also make sure your sdcard is formatted as fat or fat32 using default allocation size.
Another thing to check is to make sure your sdcard is formatted to MBR.
Insert your sdcard into the computer and open the command prompt as administrator by right clicking the windows icon and selecting command prompt (admin). Select yes to allow and then type in diskpart after diskpart loads type "list disk" without the quotes to list the disks connected to the computer. You will be able to identify your sdcard by the capacity listed under size. If there is no star in the gpt column for your sdcard then your sdcard is formatted as MBR. If your sdcard is formatted as MBR and also fat or fat32 and you have the sdcard files like how I have them in the screenshot then you should see hiyacfw in the unlaunch menu.
What version of unlaunch are you using?

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
In unlaunch dsi titles will be listed in green and files it finds on the sdcard will be listed in gray.
Try scrolling down through all the files, there may be more if you keep scrolling down.
Also make sure your sdcard is formatted as fat or fat32 using default allocation size.
Another thing to check is to make sure your sdcard is formatted to MBR.
Insert your sdcard into the computer and open the command prompt as administrator by right clicking the windows icon and selecting command prompt (admin). Select yes to allow and then type in diskpart after diskpart loads type "list disk" without the quotes to list the disks connected to the computer. You will be able to identify your sdcard by the capacity listed under size. If there is no star in the gpt column for your sdcard then your sdcard is formatted as MBR. If your sdcard is formatted as MBR and also fat or fat32 and you have the sdcard files like how I have them in the screenshot then you should see hiyacfw in the unlaunch menu.
What version of unlaunch are you using?
everything unlaunch shows is in green so it's not reading the sd card. I launched the photo app just to check and there's no problem with it.
Sd card is formatted to fat32 MBR (default)
I have everything up to date since I downloaded everything from the links provided in the guide just today.
Yes I tried scrolling down.
My sd card is 4gb. The guide says if it's bigger than 2gb I should have installed twilight menu and so I did.

Rude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I just took a 4GB sdcard and formatted it to fat32 with 32kb clusters and installed hiya with twilight menu and it worked.
Maybe it have been an issue with the cluster size. If it still does not work try using a different sdcard.
When hiya configuration starts make sure to select autoboot title or it will say an error has occured.
If you accidentaly save without selecting autoboot, hold select while powering on to go to the hiya configuration.

Last edited by Rude,

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Okay. I just took a 4GB sdcard and formatted it to fat32 with 32kb clusters and installed hiya with twilight menu and it worked.
Maybe it have been an issue with the cluster size. If it still does not work try using a different sdcard.
When hiya configuration starts make sure to select autoboot title or it will say an error has occured.
If you accidentaly save without selecting autoboot, hold select while powering on to go to the hiya configuration.
I formatted again the 4gb sd card with 32kb cluster size and didn't work.
I tried a 2gb sd card and it worked... maybe it's because it's not SDHC? I don't really have an explanation but if unlaunch can't detect beyond a simple SD then they should have mentioned it in the guide.
Well this 2gb sd card isn't mine anyway but at least I know I setup everything correctly.

Rude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure what it is about hiya either, when I was first setting it up I would get a blank screen sometimes, and I would format the card again or not use twilight and it would work.
Maybe download twilight menu separately and install it manually. 4GB cards do work though.
Anyway, I am glad you figured out how to use it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just remembered, when you dump your dsi nand for the first time make sure wireless is on otherwise when you turn on wireless from hiya it will crash.

Last edited by Rude,

september796

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I am not sure what it is about hiya either, when I was first setting it up I would get a blank screen sometimes, and I would format the card again or not use twilight and it would work.
Maybe download twilight menu separately and install it manually. 4GB cards do work though.
Anyway, I am glad you figured out how to use it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just remembered, when you dump your dsi nand for the first time make sure wireless is on otherwise when you turn on wireless from hiya it will crash.
that's a good piece of information right there heh
thanks a lot for your help. Anyway I went through the guide just so I could dump my dsiware saves and I'm on it now :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: I fixed it, just uninstalled SDUSB