Hacking Issue with PicoFly Nintendo Switch v2

z3ptvm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi Guys, hope you are doing well.

Yesterday I installed the PicoFly chip on my Switch v2 and after turning it back up it showd the "NO SD" message it's suppose to. Today I started the process to install hetake following a youtubers guide and everything was great. It booted Hetake, made a backup of my switch's system, remove the SD card, and then made the partitions on the SD Card. After doing that, I realized that I forgot to delete the backup of 21gb from the SD card, so hetake was not able to save the files in the SD Card. I remove the SD card as I did before and then format it but after that, I was no longer able to load hetake on my Switch. I got some messages in plain text in the switch, it read something like "fyx missing". Now only boots the OFW automatically, does not matter if I have the SD Card inserted or not. The Picofly truns green led like 3 times while booting and thats it, everything seems to be fine except for this. Does anyone has any idea on how to solve this?

I put on bold the crucial parts so you don't have to read it all to understand the issue, thanks in advance.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
fyx missing
It is "Nyx". That's the UI of the hekate bootloader. Download it from github, unzip it, put everything on your sd. The error message should disappear now.

I started the process to install hetake following a youtubers guide
And for the future...don't follow video guides. They are really quick outdated. Follow this for example. This guide is the most up to date guide rn.

Reactions: z3ptvm

z3ptvm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Thank for your reply!

"Nyx" sounds about right. I'm formatting the SD again as I realized that it is partioned still so maybe that's why its not loading hetake anymore. Even though, it is normal for the switch to boot the OFW? I mean, if there is no SD Card it should say "No SD" as it the memory is still connected to the chip.

Regarding the youtuber I'm seeing is a guy that made a really complete guide and has a page really updated(He even upload a video like 4 days ago regarding an update), thanks for the guide anyway. I opened it but it seems I can only see how to mod de V1 using RCM.

Will update if the formatting works.

Update: Yes, once the SD Card was fully formatted and the files were copied again Hetake finally booted up. Still don't understand why now the switch can boot normally without an SD card since the chip is installed.

Last edited by z3ptvm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol