Streets of Rage fan remake crushed

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually until now I didn't know about this.

It pretty fun.
tongue.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
Warrior522 said:
Zarcon said:
SQUARE-ENIX basically waited until they were done with the game CRIMSON ECHOES before making any official announcements.

I believe the term for this is the "anti-corporate prick strategy." B3

Fixed.

QUOTE(Duskye @ Apr 12 2011, 07:32 PM)
It's just a fan game, why take it down?

cause they are probably going to steal the work, rehash it sell the game under SEGA and take away the extra characters and sell them as DLC.

so....

F#*K you.

*Link Removed

canning thisis only going to gain more attention to people like me :

who didn't KNOW that there was a SoR remake...but is going to download it and PLAY it just to spite SEGA.

So Sega can fucking eat my s*#t
Completely changing the intention and topic of a quote isn't fixing anything. Raging about something completely in their rights to do is slightly odd, especially considering it will have nearly no bearing at all on your ability to get and play the game. Posting download links to something in an article specifically talking about how it's being taken down by the company isn't very bright. Completely unneeded spacing between every single line you type is obnoxious and looks terrible.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Anti-Sega thoughts rush into my head as I play this piece of indie awesomeness.

No one likes you Sega. You became a douchebag company when you thought you could 1-up the clearly superior Super Nintendo Entertainment System by saying you had "Blast Processing"
rofl2.gif

so in short, they won't completely "crush" it.

it's out there...you just have to look hard enough...

in the end..this stunt will only gain more attention to would be downloaders.

people that are smart enough and witty about the scene will find it.

it just won't be avaliable to the noobs who don't know how to look...which isn't many
tongue.gif

it's all about EGO. it's about being crushed by a bunch of freeware indie developers can outdo a million dollar companies work...

but I have to give Sega one thing of credit.

Thanks for letting me know this game exists you stupid son of a b#*ch
laugh.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks SEGA.

Had this game been released, I most likely wouldn't have downloaded it... possibly wouldn't have even noticed/cared about it's release. But because you made a big to-do about it, I have to download it and play.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
Meh I found a mirror of it already ;D

So sad this got C/D'ed tho..

I love beat-em ups anyways
biggrin.gif

it's the FINAL version!...V5

it's not like they were going to release any more
biggrin.gif

lucky they didn't do it when it was still in beta.

LikeAnotherFuckingProjectThatWeAreNotGoingToMention.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sega and Square need to take a page out of Nintendo's play book you didnt see them shutting down the Mother 3 translation did you? Not to mention i hear no legal action against the fan made Mother 4

Fuck you SEGA!

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't be too hard on Sega peeps. What they're doing is almost an obligatory response to proper fan made games. They could've stopped this long before it was finished, yet they didn't. You know why? Because they WANT it to be out there, they WANT the final product to be floating around. That's what I'd like to believe anyway lol

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CyborGamer said:
Don't be too hard on Sega peeps. What they're doing is almost an obligatory response to proper fan made games. They could've stopped this long before it was finished, yet they didn't. You know why? Because they WANT it to be out there, they WANT the final product to be floating around. That's what I'd like to believe anyway lol

uh no.

why would they want that?...

a bunch of zero budget "losers" outdoing them?..

I don't think so...

maybe they couldn't say anything until the "infringing product was tangible"..which means..they could actually see it finished.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what Sega wants or thinks, I DL'd this game the day after it was released.
nyanya.gif

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I don't care what Sega wants or thinks, I DL'd this game the day after it was released.
nyanya.gif

ppft..I don't care what any company thinks..I fight the "powers that be" ..perhaps a little too much.

hehe...that's why i kinda got in trouble here
rolleyes.gif

i'm a bit of a rebel per say
glare.gif

I don't like "higher powers" saying No to me..especially my corrupt government...which is why I root for GeoHot, LiquidZGong and all the other people that decided to give authority the fat finger

BUT ON TOPIC - Sega can eat it. This game is AWESOME
biggrin.gif

all the characters from all the streets of rage series in ONE GAME!?
happy.gif

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
uh no.

I don't think so...

maybe they couldn't say anything until the "infringing product was tangible"..which means..they could actually see it finished.

Could be, could be. Though I don't think that's the case with your last point, as seen with Crimson Echoes and Chrono Resurrection, both weren't even close to being finished yet were shut down so quickly. There's a three year gap (or more?) between the last version (v4.1b) and now the final version (v5) of SORR. Years of gap, yet when v5 was released, it gets taken down in less than a week? I find that a bit too spontaneous. Could Sega have really been oblivious to this game until the final product?

As for the merit of letting these indie developers to release the game... well, who knows? Maybe they actually do care about the fans. Maybe they really were completely ignorant fan game in making. I prefer the former as the answer.
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
uh no.

I don't think so...uh no.
Just because they're not paid doesn't mean they're "losers".
In fact, I would say BECAUSE they're not paid, they have the potential to do a better job. It's their passion that is driving them, not their paycheck.

QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Apr 13 2011, 11:24 AM) maybe they couldn't say anything until the "infringing product was tangible"..which means..they could actually see it finished.
uh no.
has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Oh thank you thank you thank you SEGA, if it weren't for your "legal" action, I would've never heard about this game (and I LOVE Streets Of Rage series), finding the game online wasn't difficult, took barely 30 seconds.

Time to get busy xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bananners.