www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
uh no.

why would they want that?...

a bunch of zero budget "losers" outdoing them?..

I don't think so...uh no.
Just because they're not paid doesn't mean they're "losers".
In fact, I would say BECAUSE they're not paid, they have the potential to do a better job. It's their passion that is driving them, not their paycheck.

QUOTE(stanleyopar2000 @ Apr 13 2011, 11:24 AM) maybe they couldn't say anything until the "infringing product was tangible"..which means..they could actually see it finished.
uh no.
has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.

to Sega I'm sure they are "losers"

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
I'm downloading it now just to see what the fuss is...

It's like freakin' Streets of Rage 4 yo!
biggrin.gif

Make sure you get the version that supports your OS.

or you will have an annoying error at start up.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
to Sega I'm sure they are "losers"

Not really, Sega's own statement said basically that while the game was nice, it's still their property and needed to be taken down. If they let this one go what stops someone from just making a Sonic remake and putting that out for free? Sega could no longer prosper as much from the sales of that Sonic game (with the re-releases that they have of it this generation) since there's one out there for free without legal consequences that's also remade. I'm not really liking Sega's decision but they're in the legal right to do it. Calling them bullies or evil is pretty uncalled for in this instance.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
30084pm said:

biggrin.gif

I've never played any freakin' Streets of Rage... yo...

it's like an Arcade fighter..kinda like X-Men Arcade and Simpson's Arcade...TMNT IV : TURTLES IN TIME
biggrin.gif

beat the enough baddies on the screen in a sick and awesome and painfully looking way..and move on.....until you get to a boss...kill them and go to the next level...

its a very simple formula..yet so satisfying
tongue.gif

I have streets of rage 1, 2 and 3 for my Genesis...classic
biggrin.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
Sega and Square need to take a page out of Nintendo's play book you didnt see them shutting down the Mother 3 translation did you? Not to mention i hear no legal action against the fan made Mother 4

Fuck you SEGA!
Trust me, they've shown more than once in the past that any fan made Mother projects will not be touched.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
30084pm said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
30084pm said:

biggrin.gif

I've never played any freakin' Streets of Rage... yo...

it's like an Arcade fighter..kinda like X-Men Arcade and Simpson's Arcade...TMNT IV : TURTLES IN TIME
biggrin.gif

beat the enough baddies on the screen in a sick and awesome and painfully looking way..and move on.....until you get to a boss...kill them and go to the next level...

its a very simple formula..yet so satisfying
tongue.gif

I have streets of rage 1, 2 and 3 for my Genesis...classic
biggrin.gif

I know what it plays like. It reminds me of Tekken Force mode in Tekken 3

Pikawil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Sega and Square need to take a page out of Nintendo's play book you didnt see them shutting down the Mother 3 translation did you? Not to mention i hear no legal action against the fan made Mother 4

In fact, better examples about Nintendo being fine with fan games are Zelda Classic and Mario Crossover, both of which are far more copyright-infringing-happy for somewhat obvious reasons.

And for further insult to injury, Activision gave the OK to a King's Quest fan game. Even Kotick, with all of his money-mongering, has standards.

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this kinda "copyright" action should only be taken when theyre selling it for money, using all of segas materials, the sprites and music...they just did it for fun, now they want to take it down. for what?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Die Antwoord said:
this kinda "copyright" action should only be taken when theyre selling it for money, using all of segas materials, the sprites and music...they just did it for fun, now they want to take it down. for what?

It's not the money that bothers them, they're just threatened by people doing their job bigger and better. They're shutting the project down because it's 'stealing their thunder' if you will. Because it happens to be one of the best games I've played in years. It's like a much bigger version of Streets Of Rage 2. I love it. I'd want to see it given an official release but Sega would just fuck it up like they do everything else. Just look at how far they let Sonic fall.

Pikawil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Blaze163 said:
they're just threatened by people doing their job bigger and better. They're shutting the project down because it's 'stealing their thunder' if you will. [...] It's like a much bigger version of Streets Of Rage 2.
And yet why hasn't Nintendo shot down SMBC for being SMB1 in its entirety with new characters?

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i just got finished playing the first stage (and getting crushed) AND THIS GAME AS FREAKIN AMAZING!! it doesn't even feel like a plain old 2D beat em up.. its just undescribable in a godly way... BEST GAME OF 2011 SO FAR!!!!!!! GRAB IT BEFORE SEGA COMPLETELY RIDS OF IT, OR BEFORE 2012!!!!!!!!

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Die Antwoord said:

It's not the money that bothers them, they're just threatened by people doing their job bigger and better. They're shutting the project down because it's 'stealing their thunder' if you will. Because it happens to be one of the best games I've played in years. It's like a much bigger version of Streets Of Rage 2. I love it. I'd want to see it given an official release but Sega would just fuck it up like they do everything else. Just look at how far they let Sonic fall.
Good point here.. but don't give them too many ideas, we don't want sonic robo blast 2 shut down, do we? matter fact i shouldn't even have said this..

But the fishy thing is, that streets of rage has been dead to sega for decades, and sonic is still an active franchise.. why dont they bother srb2??

edit:sorry for double post, i thought it would auto-merge

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Pikawil said:
Blaze163 said:
they're just threatened by people doing their job bigger and better. They're shutting the project down because it's 'stealing their thunder' if you will. [...] It's like a much bigger version of Streets Of Rage 2.
And yet why hasn't Nintendo shot down SMBC for being SMB1 in its entirety with new characters?
Why don't you e-mail Nintendo and ask them?

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok after some thinking, it finally makes sense...

This game started 8 years ago, i'm sure sega noticed somewhere during the time. They watched it closely, without provoking them, and finally after V5 was released, the team said they had no plans for a future version. this is where sega comes in, they ask them to pull all links down, so they can either: workout a plan with the team and sell the game, (this is almost exactly what they did with the jEnesis DS author for the sonic collection DS). or they'll steal the game.

and for sonic robo blast 2, the game isn't finished and has also been going on for a very long time. im sure they already know about the game, and they will probably wait for the last version to be released then do the same thing I THINK they're doing with the streets of rage remake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Fm9C83478o?si=pHGV7ZbVc30NyIz6