Hardware Streetpass Bug - it's busted...

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Okay, a few weeks ago I removed my 3DS's battery and replaced it. Ever since then, it hasn't streetpassed with my sister's 3DS... I've looked in various forums as other people have had this problem as well and no one has managed to find a fix for it, other than master resetting the system....

I removed and re-inserted the battery in her 3DS to see if that would fix it - wouldn't do anything. I disabled streetpass and re-enabled it - still nothing. I even restricted street pass in parental controls, restarted the console and re-enabled it - still not a budge.

The date and time is correct on both consoles and they've visited the eShop since the battery removal.

My console: sysNAND 9.2.0-20E, my sisters is sysNAND 9.7.x-xxE... Any ideas? This bug seems to have existed for quite a long time (since the days of 6.x)...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I guess wifi is on, lol. Check that the time and date are correct (they may be probably wrong if you changed battery).

After fixing time and date, you may have to wait 8 hours in order to know if that worked.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
I guess wifi is on, lol. Check that the time and date are correct (they may be probably wrong if you changed battery).

After fixing time and date, you may have to wait 8 hours in order to know if that worked.

The date and time is correct, they were corrected straight after removing the batteries. And yes, the wireless switch is enabled. When the console goes into sleep mode, after about 10-15 seconds of not finding anything Spotpass related, it switches to Streetpass mode. I even deleted the internet settings in both systems to check if it was the cause - still no luck :/

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you waited at least 8 hours between battery switchings to see if it would streetpass again? Time/date and waiting both matter. each system has a separate internal clock of some sort preventing another streetpass with the same system from occurring more than once per 8 hours. removing the battery will not change this. (I'm guessing its tied to MAC address, since you can get the same mii from different relays within 8 hours but not the same system...)
Also, should be common sense but make sure you dont have pending passes built up from said systems in the other systems. eg, don't have your mii from your one system at your gate in the plaza on the other system or you can't get a streetpass for that title for that system.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
have you waited at least 8 hours between battery switchings to see if it would streetpass again? Time/date and waiting both matter. each system has a separate internal clock of some sort preventing another streetpass with the same system from occurring more than once per 8 hours. removing the battery will not change this. (I'm guessing its tied to MAC address, since you can get the same mii from different relays within 8 hours but not the same system...)
Also, should be common sense but make sure you dont have pending passes built up from said systems in the other systems. eg, don't have your mii from your one system at your gate in the plaza on the other system or you can't get a streetpass for that title for that system.

It's been past 8 hours and no luck. Tried everything, still doesn't work...

IIRC, after changing time/date (which you had probably to do since you changed batteries) you are forced to wait 8 hours in order to streetpass again.

Already waited 8 hours.

remake your mii character and try again it should work :mthr:

I edited my current Mii character, and still no luck.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Just sent an email to Nintendo, not like they'd help....

Hi,
I replaced the battery in my 3ds a few weeks ago, as well as my sisters battery in her 2ds. Since then, our consoles haven't Streetpassed with each other.
The date and time is correct, we've set the date and time and ensured it's correct, updated our consoles to the latest firmware - everything you can think of, I've tried. It's ridiculous.
I've searched multiple forums (including Nintendo's) and I'm not the only one who's experienced this issue - it's existed even before the days of firmware 6.x (that's a long time ago).
Why hasn't this bug been fixed? Surely the designers would've thought that the battery would have to be replaced eventually... "I know, when the battery is removed - we'll make it so that you can't Streetpass people that's previously been passed - GREAT!". It's stupid - the developers seem to have no intention in fixing this ridiculous bug.
I'm not looking for a generic response like "Have you enabled your wireless" and what not - I've literally tried everything. The only fix is to format my console, which of course isn't happening.
I would appreciate it if you were able to help with this. If you can't solve this problem, I'd prefer this message to be taken to a higher-up and have this problem resolved via a software fix. I've even researched into 3dbrew.org and it's possible that the problem lies within the BOSS module/service.
Thanks,

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite sure you'll have to re-open every streetpass enabled game to make them work again. For example, Pokemon Rumble World told me I have to wait a day for the King's Challenges because the time was reset, and this was a day after I took the battery out. I'm sure a lot of other games have this warning message built-in somewhere, even if they don't say such a thing.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
pretty sure if you enable streetpass on too many games it just stops working....remove streetpass for a few games and see if it works then

I've only got it enabled on Ruble World and Mii Plaza.

I'm quite sure you'll have to re-open every streetpass enabled game to make them work again. For example, Pokemon Rumble World told me I have to wait a day for the King's Challenges because the time was reset, and this was a day after I took the battery out. I'm sure a lot of other games have this warning message built-in somewhere, even if they don't say such a thing.

Tried it. Doesn't work. I'll keep faffing around with it and see how things go.

Thanks guys! :grog:

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
OP
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
well not after you mention 3dbrew they sure wont

to them im sure just knowing that site exists would void your warranty if you still had one.

My warranty is long expired believe me. They said that if I'm not covered by the warranty, I'd have to pay for a "repair". I didn't want some BS response like they normally give their customers.

Besides, they sent me an email after many other messages, stating that it has been passed onto the developers. Neither can mentioning 3dbrew void a warranty. You don't have to tamper with your console to read a web page...

Edit: They wouldn't have the right to make my warranty void if I had still followed the terms of agreements and used the product for what it is intended for. Researching via a website doesn't mean that you are mis-using an item. If they had voided my warranty for that, I could've had made a complaint about it, as it wouldn't be legal for them to do so.

But yeah, I don't have a warranty. It finished over a year ago and the console has since been opened for the NAND mod I had installed by gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021