StillAliveDS

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance on having a future map-builder ingame?
tongue.gif

(Just wondering) or an easier way to make 'em? :S

I don't have the java stuff, I plan on getting it, but it seems cumbersome. :S

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn can't believe I double posted.

In other news, found another glitch, in stage 26 if you drop the box directly on the ball and into the corner it vanishes towards the bottom right instead of staying in the bottom left or respawning.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gorillazfan1210 said:
Nice translation attempt
tongue.gif

"you learn the mechanisms Thursday" should be "you learn the mechanism of the game".

Otherwise, good job on the game. Lotsa fun, and well done JPH for keeping up with homebrew releases.

I though that was a 4chan-reference.
You learn the mechanisms of the game last Thursday.
laugh.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
I actually sat down to play it for about 10 minutes. So you are obviously wrong
tongue.gif
It's not supposed to be easy, if you want something you can complete first try with minimal effort then you're looking in the wrong place. Portal makes you think. You can't fault the designer for making a game that actually puts up a fight.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rehehelly said:
The platformer level made me sad as I can't grip the running/jumping controls well.
Call me an idiot, but.. still
frown.gif

Actually, I completely agree with you but I'm never a fan of when you have to jump with the up button. I found the best solution in that stage was to jump with X instead of up.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
I actually sat down to play it for about 10 minutes. So you are obviously wrong
tongue.gif

I suppose it's just not for everyone. Sad that you're missing out on a great game, but sure whatever.

iritegood said:
gorillazfan1210 said:
Nice translation attempt
tongue.gif

"you learn the mechanisms Thursday" should be "you learn the mechanism of the game".

Otherwise, good job on the game. Lotsa fun, and well done JPH for keeping up with homebrew releases.

I though that was a 4chan-reference.
You learn the mechanisms of the game last Thursday.
laugh.gif

I'm sorry to say, but although it's a possible meme (Not too much of apopular one) the last thursday is actually an belief, although most are turned into memes... sigh)

QUOTE(Rehehelly @ Jun 1 2008, 06:12 PM) The platformer level made me sad as I can't grip the running/jumping controls well.
Call me an idiot, but.. still
frown.gif
Friggin' agree, I thought I just sucked, but it could be the controls, who knows...

QUOTE(PizzaPasta @ Jun 1 2008, 07:59 PM)
Actually, I completely agree with you but I'm never a fan of when you have to jump with the up button. I found the best solution in that stage was to jump with X instead of up.
I agree with this, completely. I'm more of a D-Pad=Directional movement, Actual Button=Jump kinda person.

I wouldn't mind an "Options" in a future version allowing this, but that'd probably be a lot to ask, heh...

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
The main problem with controls is that I have to satisfy both left and right handed

I can still make an option to tick in the menu for left handed (something like ... left handed [] and you touch the sprite to say that you're left handed)

In the platformer level, the best way to succeed is to use the left & right handed buttons to be able to move with D-Pad and jump with X

When I first made this level, I thought "omg, how the hell will people play it ? I can't even finish it myself"

and then I grabbed the NDS "snes-style" and it worked pretty good

So when you don't need stylus, don't bother using it
smile.gif

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
t4ils said:
The main problem with controls is that I have to satisfy both left and right handed

I can still make an option to tick in the menu for left handed (something like ... left handed [] and you touch the sprite to say that you're left handed)

In the platformer level, the best way to succeed is to use the left & right handed buttons to be able to move with D-Pad and jump with X

When I first made this level, I thought "omg, how the hell will people play it ? I can't even finish it myself"

and then I grabbed the NDS "snes-style" and it worked pretty good

So when you don't need stylus, don't bother using it
smile.gif

oh.. smart
tongue.gif
didn't think of using the left hand option up button for jumping, while steering with the D-Pad
tongue.gif
that will surely ease the platform lvls. thanks
smile.gif

(also, thanks for such a great homebrew, looking forward for your future updates/projects!
smile.gif
)

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
I plan on allowing users to change controls on a next update
But I really, REALLY wonder what could be better than what I proposed
lecture.gif

Anyway, the next update will feature :
- Wifi : report bad map button, which can be used to report a bad map
- bugfixes (plasma wall, number of maximum turrets/crates, standing on a crate ...)
- portals/portalGun animations
- easier to catch a crate (grabbing zone expanded)
- easier to put portals on 2 blocs
- maybe Spanish and Dutch ingame texts
- things I don't remember ^^

In a near future :
- CustomMap : you have to finish a map you created to see it appear in wifi (so that you don't have impossible maps)
- Community adventure : I will select the best user created maps to make a new story adventure
- The main character will be just a little smaller so that you can actually pass through a 2 blocs empty wall (you can right now, but it's a pain in the ass to succeed)

stay tuned
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao Xbox removed gamescript apparently