:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This game is awesome. I tried it out this morning finally. Even downloaded some maps via wifi. This is DS homebrew at its finest
yaynds.gif

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
Ok dudes, you got it :

in a far future, map editor directly on the NDS
smile.gif

However, It won't be as featured as the java one

Tiles to put and other info will be on the upper screen, you swap screens with select key, you put tiles with stylus
You hold L or R to remove a tile

some things like this
smile.gif

As it requires some time, I'll work on it after bug fixes and other stuffs
wink.gif

Tuddles

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok I tried spinal's loader nothing... this game does not work on M3 Simply or G6 Real both fail at dldi screen...anyone get it working? This is the only HB I have had fail
frown.gif

P

pasc

t4ils said:
Ok dudes, you got it :

in a far future, map editor directly on the NDS
smile.gif

However, It won't be as featured as the java one

Tiles to put and other info will be on the upper screen, you swap screens with select key, you put tiles with stylus
You hold L or R to remove a tile

some things like this
smile.gif

As it requires some time, I'll work on it after bug fixes and other stuffs
wink.gif

Thats good enough ^^.

BTW: Thanks to your work I will now get addicted to this and the real Portal
wink.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude, awesome awesome homebrew game! Homebrew at its finest! I just finished it and got amazed that it even had a proper ending (say hi's to your lover from me lol).
Going for the next mode tommorow, cheers!
biggrin.gif

EDIT:
No ending for beating it on advanced? That was disappointing
frown.gif

Damaged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
best homebrew game I've ever played on a DS, period.

I'd like to request some sort of fixing to the sound samples, they all tend to be much more LEFT than stereo, just play with headphones and you'll know what I mean.
Also, all of the game's sound in total is really not loud, when you switch to another game you may see the difference.

What about some BGM? I don't mind composing some loops if you want

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
thanks for the best homebrew label ^^ I appreciate it
wink.gif

The bug with sounds annoys me as much as you. Maybe you noticed, the plasma ball makes less or more sound according to how far it is from you. Initially, there was also a stereo tweak which will set the pan left or right if the plasma ball is onto your left or right. My idea sounded great, but never worked, because of this "LEFT only sound" thing
I'm using a lib to manage the sound system, and I think this bug comes from it. I hope its author will fix it soon or I'll try to find where it comes from.

Concerning BGM, I don't know if it's a judicious choice, since it's a game where you have to think, to be alone with your mind.
Maybe some ambient BGM, who knows

Damaged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ofcourse I noticed the plasma ball sound according to the player's location, It's a really neat feature actually.
I'm studying sound these days so I can't ignore such things even if I want to.
smile.gif

Some sort of ambient BGM might work, but I thought about something that's alittle bit more related to the whole theme of the game, very minimal and undramatic, still.

I don't mind making whatever type of BGM that you might find fit. For me it's homework, and I always wanted to contribute somehow to a gaming project, especially a game that I love.
tongue.gif

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, this is great, but I have some serious issues with jumping. You either jump too much (or the surface seems slippery), or fall short on your jump. The last level of the standard set is almost impossible. Besides, if you touch a solid surface when jumping, your character falls vertically without you being able to control it, just like a cinder block. And, sometimes, placing portals is a bit hard... dunno.

Great game nevertheless.

Damaged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
From what t4ils is saying, these issues will be taken care of upon next release.
Use the search or read some of the thread before posting please!
smile.gif

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Goloki said:
OK, this is great, but I have some serious issues with jumping. You either jump too much (or the surface seems slippery), or fall short on your jump. The last level of the standard set is almost impossible. Besides, if you touch a solid surface when jumping, your character falls vertically without you being able to control it, just like a cinder block. And, sometimes, placing portals is a bit hard... dunno.

Great game nevertheless.

He hits the issues squarely. I have all the exact same issues: (unintended) difficulty controlling the jumping (too much/too little), floors too slippery, while jumping if you touch/bump anything you fall straight down, portals are sometimes strangely hard to place (not blocked, just won't appear).

But it is still an interesting game and impressive achievement for the homebrew community. Thank you for making it.

EDIT: If you could implement a small jump with a quick light tap of the jump button and a long/high jump with a full press it would probably improve the situation. This would really help avoid turret fire as well, which IMO has too long a range -- the whole horizontal width of the screen.

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
t4ils: I have an idea for the next version. Can you add a menu option to allow the selection of any of the levels? Reason is I would really like to present some of these level challenges to my friends without the need to progress through all the preceding levels. Quite ingenious level design by the way.. I like! Some of them took me quite a bit to figure it out, and from my analysis I have to conclude that you intended those solutions. Which means you obviously put a lot of thought into this!

EDIT: I am on the level with 19 cakes and no walls for placing portals forcing you to jump many small (slippery) blocks. I must say, IMHO, these "jumping levels" do not contribute anything but frustration to your work. Not to mention you are forced to restart whenever you die. The nature of this game is to use your brain to solve the puzzles; these levels do not do that but do highlight the horrid jumping mechanics. Sorry, if I sound too critical. You've designed some great levels to be sure.

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
hum ... I'll think about making floors a little less slippery then
smile.gif

Also, these jumping levels are easier if you play with your two hands (use X to jump)
And don't forget, you can control the character in the air, you're not bound to land where he goes

Concerning the option to access all the levels, it's kinda like a cheat to me
tongue.gif

Still, you can take the saveGame from someone who beat the game
smile.gif

And, by the way, you can take a first look at the level editor on youtube in case you missed it on my website
wink.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e2lHEI9dwQo

Don't forget, I've developed it in a very short time, it's just something like a proof of concept
wink.gif

edit : now fully functionnal
wink.gif

t4ils

Trophies
Website
www.t4ils.com
XP
Country
France
new version of the game : 1.1
everything here http://stillaliveds.free.fr/index.php

changelog :
QUOTE said:
bugfix :
- Turrets won't shoot through crates anymore
- Maximum number of crates and turrets in a level is matching the level editor maximum number
- A portal loop down / down doesn't make the object in the loop going faster anymore
- No more double portal on the floor
- Fixed the green energy wall which was off if it was deactivated before restarting the map
- Turrets located on the edge of the map can shoot
- Turrets can shoot when a blue or green energy wall is off
- The last character is now visible on the upper screen dialog box
- You don't eat cake already eaten anymore if you fall off the screen on the right
- Advanced highScores are properly saved
- If you have finished the game once and you finish the level 28 again in normal mode, your advanced mode level doesn't go back to 1
- You can't throw a portal (or clear them) if an object is still inside
- You don't pass through the ceiling anymore when a crate push you into it

Add :
[Game] :
+ A tracing line shows where the portal is launched
+ Portals are easier to put
+ You can see which map you're playing in wifi / custom
+ Exit a current game returns where you were before playing (leaving a custom game will take you back to custom mode, leaving a wifi game will take you back to wifi mode ...)
+ The crates have sound when they explode/get out the screen
+ The plasma ball destroys crates
+ Portals are animated, so is the portalGun
+ The ending flag is red if you don't have caught all the cakes
+ The character is a little less slippery on the floor
+ The more you push the jump button, the higher you jump

[Menus] :
+ You can watch credits when you want if you have already finished the game once
+ Credits changed a little
+ Added "How to play" on the menu
+ You can use the d-pad to select a map in Story (you can still use the d-pad in other modes to cycle through pages)

[Custom menu] :
+ You can upload a map directly from the NDS (you choose which one you want to upload, you play it, then when you reach the finish line the upload begins)
+ You can have as many maps as you want in the customGame directory
+ Level editor (new map or edit an existing one)

[Wifi] :
+ You can report bad maps

[Other] :
+ German language (thank you Elric Ackbar)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...