Hacking Step by step guide?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Go for it! With the new CTRtransfer method it's now easier (and not to mention, safer) than ever! There's really no reason not to do it. If you want, you can take a backup of your current, untouched 9.2 NAND with Decrypt9.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
To be honest, I think setting up emunand with coldboot is much harder(not harder, maybe longer) than setting up a9lh now that the guide was simplified.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I think setting up emunand with coldboot is much harder(not harder, maybe longer) than setting up a9lh now that the guide was simplified.
I wouldn't say it's harder to get running, but it is harder to maintain. With emuNAND you have to install DSiWare and GBA VC to both emuNAND and sysNAND, as well as every time you update you have to pay special attention to make sure you do not update sysNAND on accident.

Reactions: astronautlevel

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want your sys nand so bad I heard there was a cfw Shadow or something that's is A9LH with CFW that supports no SD boot to sys nand, although pointless as you will need a SD to install game backups

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't care about DSiWare or GBA VC, then no problem!
I think you missed the more important part of what I said:
as well as every time you update you have to pay special attention to make sure you do not update sysNAND on accident.
It seems to be a common theme on the forums where someone updates "emuNAND" only to find they updated sysNAND by accident and have no way to (easily) downgrade back to an exploited firmware.
You can still run emuNAND from A9LH, and it also gives you protection from accidentally updating sysNAND (or more accurately, you can accidentally update sysNAND to 11.0 without losing access to your emuNAND)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want your sys nand so bad I heard there was a cfw Shadow or something that's is A9LH with CFW that supports no SD boot to sys nand, although pointless as you will need a SD to install game backups
Shameless self-promotion: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a9lh-can-now-boot-without-sd-card.432593/

Funkentanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If "almost untouched" is ok for you, nothing prevents you from using an emuNAND with a9lh. And once A9LH (really) supports booting without an SD card, your sysNAND will be as usable as if untouched and even more.

Yep, I use A9LH with an EmuNAND. When I remove the SD Card my O3DS boots into my SysNAND on 9.2, with SD it boots into Luma on 11.0.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to say this here since I saw the word "Shadownand" pop up. Shadownand is a project that built hype for months, only to wait for AW to implement SD card less booting in her fork and then copied her code.

I trust AW far more than I trust Shadowhand when it comes to development, so if you want booting without an SD card wait for AW to perfect it (currently they're working on fixing DS games iirc) and then use that. It's probably safer than Shadownand and uses a conventional directory structure.

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
I have now officially became a luma3ds user :P

with a9lh of course lol.

It allows you to run unsigned apps straight off the sysnand, with full access to exploits which is all i wanted out of the luma3ds as well the fact it boots faster than emuand

sys64738

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
There are more 2 questions:
-Can i transfer my game saves from my O3DS (Emunand with rxTools) to my N3DS(a9hl)?
-Can i change my SD card to bigger capacity in my N3DS (a9lh)?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
There are more 2 questions:
-Can i transfer my game saves from my O3DS (Emunand with rxTools) to my N3DS(a9hl)?
-Can i change my SD card to bigger capacity in my N3DS (a9lh)?
1. Yep, use JKSM, it's available as a .cia. Back them up, copy the folder it makes to the other console's SD card, then import them.
2. Yep just copy and paste the files (assuming updated sysNAND).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4