Hacking Step by step guide?

sys64738

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi!
I bought a New3DS XL with 9.9.0.25E System Software.
I have successfully downgraded the system software to 9.2.0.20E.
I want to use LUMA CFW with EMUNAND, booting via BrowserHAX, MenuHax or NinjHAX (I have a Cubic Ninja Cartridge).
NO A9HL!
Can anybody help me out with a step by step guide how to setup EmuNAND, HAX and LUMA to work? (and updating EmuNAND to latest version?)
Thanks in advance.
(Sorry for my bad English...)

Last edited by sys64738,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Reactions: Quantumcat

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If "almost untouched" is ok for you, nothing prevents you from using an emuNAND with a9lh. And once A9LH (really) supports booting without an SD card, your sysNAND will be as usable as if untouched and even more.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only 3 PARTS now. The old guide was 5 PAGES long.
To be fair the first part is only getting Decrypt9 working, which OP, having 9.2, only needs HBL and Decrypt9.3dsx, making that part almost nothing, so technically only 2 parts that actually have something to do other than place files on SD and set up HBL (browserhax installing menuhax, or other primary)
Edit:
With OP on 9.2 this guide could easily be done in an hour or less.

Reactions: cooroxd

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I'm doing it myself right now anyway. The reason why they say to downgrade to 9.2 even if you're already on 9.2 (as I already was) is to make sure it's a clean firmware version (older downgrade tools were known for making frankenFIRMs) and reduce the chance of anything going wrong. In my case, it didn't need to do a full downgrade, just write two of the files and it was done.

If the OP only wants emuNAND, with sysNAND untouched (except for menuHAX) then running emunand9 is the only real step as mentioned by @Gray_Jack.

For myself, I'm just finishing part 2 - 2.1 CTRtransfer. The longest part of the entire process is all the NAND dumping and transferring on/off the mSD card.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing it myself right now anyway. The reason why they say to downgrade to 9.2 even if you're already on 9.2 (as I already was) is to make sure it's a clean firmware version (older downgrade tools were known for making frankenFIRMs) and reduce the chance of anything going wrong. In my case, it didn't need to do a full downgrade, just write two of the files and it was done.

If the OP only wants emuNAND, with sysNAND untouched (except for menuHAX) then running emunand9 is the only real step as mentioned by @Gray_Jack.

For myself, I'm just finishing part 2 - 2.1 CTRtransfer. The longest part of the entire process is all the NAND dumping and transferring on/off the mSD card.
For the new guide you only make one dump. Now imagine making 3 or more, and then transferring those between the computer and SD, along with time to create emuNAND and then put all of your files back onto the SD
And it just had far more problems when it came time to transfer the 2.1 redNAND to sysNAND
The old guide took me upwards of 5 hours due mostly to dumping NAND so much.
The new guide took me about 1 hour 10 minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...