• Views 38,471
  • Replies 559

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear diary...as of yet, I still haven't succumbed to Gaben's advances, but the more I look at the THQ bundle, the more my quivering index finger inches closer to clicking the "ADD TO CART" button. My body glistens in anticipation, my breath becomes shallow and uneven. What's happening to me? I find myself biting my lip as the bundle keeps taunting me, luring me with it's incredible price... I don't know how much more of this I can take before I give into my primal desires.
Man Vs. Steam Sales
Who will come out victorious??

Stay tuned for results..

You were both eyeballing Railworks 3.

C'mon I know you were.

Just admit it.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear diary...as of yet, I still haven't succumbed to Gaben's advances, but the more I look at the THQ bundle, the more my quivering index finger inches closer to clicking the "ADD TO CART" button. My body glistens in anticipation, my breath becomes shallow and uneven. What's happening to me? I find myself biting my lip as the bundle keeps taunting me, luring me with it's incredible price... I don't know how much more of this I can take before I give into my primal desires.
Man Vs. Steam Sales
Who will come out victorious??

Stay tuned for results..

You were both eyeballing Railworks 3.

C'mon I know you were.

Just admit it.
original.jpg

Guiltyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~

Reactions: 1 person

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a fiver for dragon age origins ultimate edition, you can't go wrong there. Shame 2 is no longer on there, i would ave happily paid 3 quid for it to see what its like

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
a fiver for dragon age origins ultimate edition, you can't go wrong there. Shame 2 is no longer on there, i would ave happily paid 3 quid for it to see what its like

The first game puts the 2nd one to shame. You aren't missing much tbh. Don't get me wrong the 2nd one isn't a terrible game but They removed what made the first one great, Customisation/picking your own race. I feel they just took away the best thing about the first game, As I said though the 2nd one isn't terrible but it is when you compare it to the first.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
How do the flash sales work? When one reaches the end of its sale, does it get replaced by a different game to go on sale?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How do the flash sales work? When one reaches the end of its sale, does it get replaced by a different game to go on sale?

Yep.
So, in that case, we have 2 games going on sale in about an hour and a half?

Yeah , that's exactly how it works, Lots of the flash sale games have ended up being dailys or community choice a few times. Which has left a few people frustrated.

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Yep.
So, in that case, we have 2 games going on sale in about an hour and a half?

Yeah , that's exactly how it works, Lots of the flash sale games have ended up being dailys or community choice a few times. Which has left a few people frustrated.

What left people frustrated was that there were lots of Something Simulator going on the flash deals almost everytime.
I'm waiting for Arma II on the Flash Deals, but nothing yet. Maybe they won't even put it there? D:

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What left people frustrated was that there were lots of Something Simulator going on the flash deals almost everytime.
I'm waiting for Arma II on the Flash Deals, but nothing yet. Maybe they won't even put it there? D:

I've been waiting on Arma to show up as well , I actually want it for the base game and not really day z. I'm not really a fan of shooters but I tried the demo the other week and really enjoyed the realism of the missons etc, I have a bad feeling it won't become a daily because of how well it was selling before the sale :S

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The first game puts the 2nd one to shame. You aren't missing much tbh. Don't get me wrong the 2nd one isn't a terrible game but They removed what made the first one great, Customisation/picking your own race. I feel they just took away the best thing about the first game, As I said though the 2nd one isn't terrible but it is when you compare it to the first.

from the demo i played i could quite agree with you, but as i said, for 3 quid (cheaper than a pint at the local) i wouldn't mind having a bash seeing how bad it is. I know its apples and orages but I remember everyone slagging off kotor 2 (different developer i know) but in a number of ways I prefered it over the original, and the restoration project only makes it better

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I almost bought DA:O, but then I looked at some reviews, videos and wiki'd it, yeah, no. Can't see me enjoying that game at all. God dammit, why aren't there better games that appeal to me? :(

So far I only spent 10 bucks on these deals. Can't really see anything worth owning. I was thinking LA: Noire, but then I figured I'd get bored of that too.

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do wonder are valve throwing it some duds now to make the arse end of the sale look better, there are some good games coming out in wierd deals

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

I've been waiting on Arma to show up as well , I actually want it for the base game and not really day z. I'm not really a fan of shooters but I tried the demo the other week and really enjoyed the realism of the missons etc, I have a bad feeling it won't become a daily because of how well it was selling before the sale :S

So true, Arma 2 was always top of the top sellers list before the Steam sales started, so i doubt it will be discounted to a lower price, but you never know.

I haven't got the game myself, but it must have some appeal, i'm guessing it's the multiplayer that is the attraction.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country

So true, Arma 2 was always top of the top sellers list before the Steam sales started, so i doubt it will be discounted to a lower price, but you never know.

I haven't got the game myself, but it must have some appeal, i'm guessing it's the multiplayer that is the attraction.
DayZ. DayZ is IMO the main attraction, It's a mod for the game that basically turns the game into a zombie survival game, a bit like The Walking Dead in which that people are also going to kill you to take your stuff.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

DayZ. DayZ is IMO the main attraction, It's a mod for the game that basically turns the game into a zombie survival game, a bit like The Walking Dead in which that people are also going to kill you to take your stuff.

That makes sense, i didn't know about that, thanks for pointing that out.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Moved to the Computer section as threads DO get bumped in there, and it's a good thing for this thread to be kept visible ;)
Nice move, ty!
Daily deals today are pretty crappy. Hopefully we get better deals tomorrow (I put a little bit of money in my Steam wallet...).
Indeed, what a crappy day :/ I just added like 100 EUR to my PP, I'm really hoping for some good deals before the end of the sales! If L4D2 pops up again I'll probably pick it up like 4 times or so, there's so much demand for that one.

For now, Total War Megapack and Dragon Age Ultimate Edition will do I think

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, i recall watching it on fox