Valve offering refurbished Steam Decks with a price cut

59bc77f7fd161e339e3d147a53f355b8b03fede2.png

Valve has been keeping up with constant updates and (small) revisions to their Steam Deck system, which has been quite popular in its sole year since the initial release, as well as keeping up with several bugfixes and updates to both their SteamOS and Proton software.

Continuing with their on going service, Valve has started offering refurbished Steam Deck with a price cut, and said price cuts are quite considerate, to say the least. Almost all refurbished variants of the Steam Deck, ranging from the basic standard 64GB model, up to the premium one of 512GB have a reduction in price of almost 20%, with the prices being as follows:

Original Steam Deck Price (USD)

Refurbished Steam Deck Price (USD)

Percentage

64GB model

$399

$319
20.05%

256GB model

$529

$419
20.79%

512GB model

$649

$519
20.03%

The price reduction for the standard model is $80, while for the premium model the amount saved up is $130. Valve also adds the following statement regarding their refurbished Decks:

Valve said:
Certified Refurbished

Each Certified Refurbished Steam Deck has been thoroughly tested to the same high standards as our retail units. Every device goes through a complete factory reset, software update, and an extensive examination involving over 100 tests at one of Valve's facilities. Among the tests are all controller inputs, the audio system, the screen, and internals. Battery health is also assessed to ensure proper functionality and longevity.

All refurbished units meet or even exceed the performance standards of new retail units. Although they may have minor cosmetic blemishes, they provide a reliable, high-quality gaming experience at a lower cost.

To add to this, the refurbished Decks come with a one year warranty for the device, the same offered for a brand new Steam Deck, as well as a refurbished power supply, and their carrying case with a Quick Start guide. Additionally to Valve's own refurbished service, GameStop is also offering and selling refurbished Steam Decks with similar price tags as the ones offered by Valve.

:arrow: Valve's Steam Deck Refurbished website
:arrow: GameStop's Steam Deck Refurbished website

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Valve has been keeping up with constant updates and (small) revisions to their Steam Deck system, which has been quite popular in its sole year since the initial release, as well as keeping up with several bugfixes and updates to both their SteamOS and Proton software.

Continuing with their on going service, Valve has started offering refurbished Steam Deck with a price cut, and said price cuts are quite considerate, to say the least. Almost all refurbished variants of the Steam Deck, ranging from the basic standard 64GB model, up to the premium one of 512GB have a reduction in price of almost 20%, with the prices being as follows:

Original Steam Deck Price (USD)

Refurbished Steam Deck Price (USD)

Percentage

64GB model

$399

$319
20.05%

256GB model

$529

$419
20.79%

512GB model

$649

$519
20.03%

The price reduction for the standard model is $80, while for the premium model the amount saved up is $130. Valve also adds the following statement regarding their refurbished Decks:

To add to this, the refurbished Decks come with a one year warranty for the device, the same offered for a brand new Steam Deck, as well as a refurbished power supply, and their carrying case with a Quick Start guide. Additionally to Valve's own refurbished service, GameStop is also offering and selling refurbished Steam Decks with similar price tags as the ones offered by Valve.

:arrow: Valve's Steam Deck Refurbished website
:arrow: GameStop's Steam Deck Refurbished website
1691533321749.png

• Sad
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I still for the life of me have yet to find a use case for this system
Is there no use case for Vita, 3DS, or Switch? Because Deck is all those rolled into one plus enough power to play next-gen games. Not to mention its potential uses as a laptop or tablet replacement.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there no use case for Vita, 3DS, or Switch? Because Deck is all those rolled into one plus enough power to play next-gen games. Not to mention its potential uses as a laptop or tablet replacement.
I get your point, but for myself there is nothing the steam deck does that I can't already do with another piece of tech that I own

You could argue that's a good thing, but personally without any exclusives and itself being a compromise between computer/handheld/console I can't find a reason to buy one

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I get your point, but for myself there is nothing the steam deck does that I can't already do with another piece of tech that I own
Sure, I certainly wouldn't have bought one if I already owned a $2000 gaming laptop or something similar. Glad I don't though, because Deck is a much better value price-to-performance wise.

icantfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i was a bit reluctant at 1st about getting a deck bc i own multiple desktop already, but then bite the bullet and got one to mess around with, now it just gathering dust inside its little cute case

Reactions: dragonblood9999

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang this is sweet. I don't doubt this program is less impactful to their bottom line than other companies based on how easy it is for the end user to get under the hood and tinker around and lets them offer these prices. If I didn't already own the base model I'd definitely be throwing down on a refurb 512GB model.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Weird take, but I will chalk it up to regional differences.
What do regional differences have to do with anything? Either the company sells refurbished or it doesn’t. I only know of a handful that resell their own refurbished devices in an official capacity, and when they do, they do it via a dingy corner on their website rather than in retail locations. Samsung comes to mind as an exception. Generally speaking electronics are refurbished and re-sold by companies dedicated to that business model rather than the OEM. Sony runs a recertified store via PlayStation Direct, but the pricing is not super appealing and the selection is paltry - they currently only sell accessories with no consoles in sight. Nintendo seems to be running a similar program, but their pricing is not very competitive.

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Personally i have been use refurbished phones and some consoles like the xbox 360 and they worked perfectly fine so i would consider this deal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup