ROM Hack StarFox won't load?

maxrenderer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be the wrong forum for this, but I can't seem to get StarFox to load. I have the M3 with the newest update (tried it with the old as well) and I get two white screens when it loads. Any thoughts?

Thanks

uri0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i had the same problem i was using g6 however..i updated to the latest loading software and it works now..id suggest you update your software

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
1. try redownloading 'your' rom again
2. use software reset
3. do NOT compress file
4. tell us what options u are using on the game manger....

maxrenderer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using M3 3.14 manager with the e26 update on my DS.

I'm writing StarFox to an Ultra2 1Gb SanDisk CF card.

I've tried most combos of options to no avail. I'm trying No trim, Fast Boot, 1x, software reset right now...UPDATE--That combo didn't work either.

Where is the option to compress or not? I don't see it. Unless that is in the M3 manager v26 that I just uninstalled to put the 3.14 on my machine. That version seems to have more options, but the 3.14 seems to be the newest...am I mistaken?

I redownloaded as well...from two different sources

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Star Fox Works perfectly fine on my M3 miniSD (should be the same for CF). I used e26 update and Game Manager v26. The combination that worked is:-

Trim-Rom, Normal Mode (I think you can only get this on the v26 or so Game Manager), Software Reset.

I guarantee that it works. If you get two white screens with this combination, don't be fooled. Wait for at least 10 seconds (time it on your watch, just to be sure) and the game should have loaded just fine.

Please check the M3 compatibility list before posting here next time:-

http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php?title=M3_NDS_roms/0501-0550

maxrenderer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10 seconds? weird. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice and the link as well (bookmarked).

Thanks again, I'll let you know what happens.

UPDATE: You are my hero! v3.14 didn't do it with those settings so I had to reinstall the V26 to get it to work, but there it is with no white screens. Thank you, again!

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
10 seconds? weird. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice and the link as well (bookmarked).

Thanks again, I'll let you know what happens.

UPDATE: You are my hero! v3.14 didn't do it with those settings so I had to reinstall the V26 to get it to work, but there it is with no white screens. Thank you, again!

I said 10 seconds just to be on the absolute safe side, it actually takes only about 1 second or so (wanted to clear this up before someone uses 10 seconds to add to the M3/Supercard battle).

Glad it works for you. V26a is the latest game manager, 3.14 is quite old I think (it was released with v19, but I could be wrong).

WraithGR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, personally I'm using the latest firmware and writing software, the rom is recognised as correct by offlinelist, I'm using the settings you mentioned, so I don't know what may be wrong
frown.gif

[edit] re-flashed with safe mode, no trim and it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it