Star Ocean The Last Hope Available November 28 for PS4 and PC with 4K support!

0rOA8L4CF9crXhHCY13oAWdWdRUekulOLXJpeWwQrhmWLH485HfYZRUTh8wBZ56AR2cp4QAglioU9zRQXscrGQrwaAsLd1YLCD6C.png

Star Ocean The Last Hope is the fourth game in the long running series, developed by Tri-Ace and published by Enix (Now Square Enix) Published back in 2009 for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, the game now features 4K video (For PS4 Pro and PC only) and will be a digital download only release. The game will be priced at $20.99 on both platforms, while having a 10% discount for Playstation plus members, and steam users the first two week after the game is playable (ending December 12) The playstation purchase will come with a exclusive theme and Playstation Network avatar icons based on the game while steam will offer a mini soundtrack with the purchase. The Steam game also comes with Denuvo DRM that people are aware of.

Developed in partnership with tri-Ace, Star Ocean: The Last Hope takes place at the beginning of the Star Ocean series timeline and is a full HD remaster with added 4K support and PC keyboard, mouse and controller support. The game takes players on an epic journey across the universe in an immersive, intergalactic story of survival where humanity must turn to the stars in search of a new home. Featuring strategic real-time combat, the remastered title also keeps the original deep Item Creation System and Private Action system that explores character relationships and subplots for a richer and more rewarding story, and exhilarating Blindside battle system, which fuses evasion and offense.

:arrow:SOURCE
:arrow:STEAM PAGE

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after i read what has wikipedia to say about Denuvo, https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo, i found it funny and hilarious :D i think Squarenix will release a patch that removes DRM one month after the release.

and the theory about Denuvo might cause possible damage to SSD, seems there aren't evidence which directly confirm this.

But you can't deny that if that goes down, so does the game. Denuvo doesn't benefit legit users, I hope the game gets pirated because of it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Ooooh i wasnt expecting to see this one brought to current gen. Maybe if this does well 3 might make its way to PS4 too. I personally still need to get around to playing the 5th game.

D

Deleted User

I don't see this game getting much love when there are already better PS4 RPGs out there. The Witcher 3, Shadows of Mordor, Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy 15 and probably a few more I don't remember.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see this game getting much love when there are already better PS4 RPGs out there. The Witcher 3, Shadows of Mordor, Final Fantasy 12, Final Fantasy 15 and probably a few more I don't remember.

Final Fantasy XV? Ugh. Star Ocean 4 gets a lot of unwarranted hate, yes, the voice acting sucks in English (Japanese audio FTW), but it's far from the worst translation. Can we say the original Star Ocean 2?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the playstation 3 version, you get Arumat's ultimate tech so late in the game (I think post-game, actually) that it's useless. Does this fix that?

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Final Fantasy XV? Ugh. Star Ocean 4 gets a lot of unwarranted hate, yes, the voice acting sucks in English (Japanese audio FTW), but it's far from the worst translation. Can we say the original Star Ocean 2?
I would strongly suggest that the psp version of so2 had inferior VA compared to the ps1 version

Reactions: DaMan

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would strongly suggest that the psp version of so2 had inferior VA compared to the ps1 version

PS1 version had horrible audio quality, which resulted in muffled voices though (think worse than Snes voices), and Engrish, I mean, they even called Parabola Beam, "Parabora beam" :lol:. I played the undub of Star Ocean 1 and 2 on PSP, vastly superior. That, and the graphics are much better on the PSP ports, cleaner textures and none of that PSX 3D wobble.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS1 version had horrible audio quality, which resulted in muffled voices though (think worse than Snes voices), and Engrish, I mean, they even called Parabola Beam, "Parabora beam" :lol:. I played the undub of Star Ocean 1 and 2 on PSP, vastly superior. That, and the graphics are much better on the PSP ports, cleaner textures and none of that PSX 3D wobble.
to each their own. i felt the naming of the the ten wise men, new voices, new portraits, and 3 hit attack combo system ruined the game entirely

Reactions: DaMan

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to each their own. i felt the naming of the the ten wise men, new voices, new portraits, and 3 hit attack combo system ruined the game entirely

Meh, the translation was still superior when it came to the dialog itself, the PSX version was too literal. The muffled voices are painful. Japanese voices in the PSP port are better.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh, the translation was still superior when it came to the dialog itself, the PSX version was too literal. The muffled voices are painful. Japanese voices in the PSP port are better.

I like a lot of the psp port better. It improved a lot of mechanics and had a smoother script.

But the artwork from the original seems so much better. They had some level of realism that set them apart from typical anime characters. I also hated that I couldn't turn off the voice acting.

tumblr_inline_ofbs4aieaJ1qdp3we_540.jpg

Last edited by Fugelmir,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like a lot of the psp port better. It improved a lot of mechanics and had a smoother script.

But the artwork from the original seems so much better. They had some level of realism that set them apart from typical anime characters. I also hated that I couldn't turn off the voice acting.

tumblr_inline_ofbs4aieaJ1qdp3we_540.jpg

Yeah the original artwork is better, I just use the undub versions of the PSP remakes.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone was interested and forgot, the game is now available for discount price launch of $18.99

Already bought it, 19 dollars and runs buttery smooth, so glad Square Enix did the port and not a shoddy job by an no-name studio.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: my room is absolutely clean and a have an AC Conditioner