Anime opening movie for 'Star Ocean: The Second Story R' aired

star ocean.jpg

Star Ocean: The Second Story R, the 2.5D remake the 1998 RPG, is set to launch in a few months' time. In anticipation of its release, Square Enix is trickling down some details; the latest being the game's anime opening movie which you can see below:

A 2.5D remake of the 1998 RPG and second installment in the STAR OCEAN series, STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R combines beautiful 3D environments with nostalgic 2D pixel characters, offering players both a classic RPG and modern gameplay experience. A rearranged soundtrack, new difficulty settings, numerous quality-of-life improvements and more revitalize the original game’s beloved features, like the fast-paced, real-time combat, deep skill system and Private Actions, which allow players to grow relationships with party members and unlock many different endings.

Star Ocean: The Second Story R launches November 2nd on Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5 and PC (Steam).

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

MightySashiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
too many remake/remaster game now... i guess game developer currently run out of idea.
... and too little innovation. I grew up on a bunch of JRPGs (FF7, Chrono Trigger, FF6, Wildarms1 essentially) and now can say nowardays I can't bare playing most JRPGs more than 10min. The cringiness of the stories and especially character designs and personalities that are always the same, the boring as fuck turn-based combat... Feels like japanese game company old farts on board members need to retire for good.

YinEstriole

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
its for people who grew up playing these games.
yeah... they milk from the nostalgia factor... even this game already remake more than once :lol:
Post automatically merged:

... and too little innovation. I grew up on a bunch of JRPGs (FF7, Chrono Trigger, FF6, Wildarms1 essentially) and now can say nowardays I can't bare playing most JRPGs more than 10min. The cringiness of the stories and especially character designs and personalities that are always the same, the boring as fuck turn-based combat... Feels like japanese game company old farts on board members need to retire for good.
today's game more focused on action rpg games than turn based one too... because kids these days only looks at graphics and action... i have tried telling my son to play JRPG and they got bored to death just from the opening battle :lol: . and this caused developer only focused on graphic and action. they lack the story and game mechanic like old days...

i remember playing FFVI and find every character have different uniqueness... playing FFVII and like the story... and the first time an antagonist could shine in a game (sepiroth).... i remember playing suikoden and amazed we can have so many recruits and that also affect our Headquarter... i also remember playing dark cloud 2 and amazed on how what we change in the past area affect the future area... not to mention the photo synth system for ideas... so many good system... nowadays it's almost the same copy paste engine... hack and slash...

Last edited by YinEstriole,

YinEstriole

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
This OP has terribly bad animation, despite some great still frames. Weird.
Star Ocean EX had more interesting concepts in the OP.

GTFO here, fool.
If anything, we have WAY too many action RPGs these days.
mighty said "boring as fuck turn based combat"... might mean the turn based combat in RECENT game is not creative like older games... and most today games only slapping the same turn based combat without any innovation.

i also admit older game turn based combat system is more interesting that nowadays turn based combat.
like:

suikoden series... 6v6, weapon have ranges, formation system, etc.
FF VI... Sabin Blitz
Xeno Gears... button input system... Gear and Human slight different battle system
Legend of Legaia... Button input for arts and mystic arts...
Lunar silver star stories... movement in battle...
chrono trigger... on map battle... tech combo...
Super mario RPG... timed button... mash button... etc
Legend of dragoon... timed button combo skill.
Wild Arms ... Ammo system.
Grandia... we can delay enemies... break them... overkill... etc...
Valkyrie Profile... Button Combo
Shadow Heart... Ring timed combo.

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Star Ocean: The Second Story R, the 2.5D remake the 1998 RPG, is set to launch in a few months' time. In anticipation of its release, Square Enix is trickling down some details; the latest being the game's anime opening movie which you can see below:

Star Ocean: The Second Story R launches November 2nd on Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5 and PC (Steam).

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Getting this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...