'Live A Live' launches on PC, PS4 and PS5

LAL.jpg

After a timed-exclusivity period on the Nintendo Switch, the HD-2D revision of the SNES title Live A Live is now available on more systems. Square Enix has launched the title on Steam, PS4 and PS5 and accompanied this launch with a new trailer:

LIVE A LIVE offers players the freedom to explore eight different stories with eight different characters, each set within different time periods spanning from a pre-historic era to the Wild West, and more. In addition to a unique and highly strategic battle system referred to as “checker battle system”, players can also enjoy mastering a wide variety of different gameplay mechanics in each chapter, such as stealth, suspense and trap placement. Players will also be able to tailor their gameplay adventure to their preference; the episodic story format gives players the freedom to complete each chapter from start to finish in any order they choose, or even play through a little of each chapter in parallel at the same time.

While offering a classic RPG gameplay experience, the Western release of Live A Live features HD-2D visuals and rearranged soundtrack. A demo is available on the new systems featuring the title and you can also check out our official review of the Switch version linked below.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow:
Live A Live (Nintendo Switch) Official GBAtemp Review

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Pre-ordered it and I regret nothing. It's an incredible remake and I'm gonna spend the entire weekend playing it :D

Reactions: Xzi

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's always good to see a console exclusive going multiplatform as more people can enjoy without needing to buy an outdated hardware just to play it.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played the original Super Famicom version with fan translated English patch years ago and it was a really fantastic jrpg. The HD 2d remake is also great. If you have any interest in old school classic JRPG, check it out. Easily 4/5.

windmill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolute bangers being multiplatform is always awesome, but I really wish PC didnt have denuvo, its a singleplayer game, why must i be connected constantly for it

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
finally able to play this after i heard it was like seiken densetsu 3 i'm all in
Post automatically merged:

Absolute bangers being multiplatform is always awesome, but I really wish PC didnt have denuvo, its a singleplayer game, why must i be connected constantly for it
well you can always...you know :creep:

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What? Hope someone pays $500 to the only person that can crack Denuvo right now? Unfortunately, we don't have it as good as we used to back in the day.
Or apply the translation patch to the original SFC rom (which is how I first played it years ago), or if you want to play this remastered version, emulate the Switch release.

Scriber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Or apply the translation patch to the original SFC rom (which is how I first played it years ago), or if you want to play this remastered version, emulate the Switch release.
Then apply the MSU1 patch to the original or translated SFC ROM, which allows you to use the remastered soundtrack with it.

Reactions: duwen

etuev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice that more people get access to the game, I think it's important that access to games is as wide as possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo