Gaming Splatoon's out, and here's the pics and info!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you butthurt about it? Splatoon is fun but not without its flaws.
Not butthurt, just ribbing you a bit about it. I am sure it does have its flaws, in fact my 9yo told me a half hour ago he is convinced that one of the new features has been hacked. :) something about some level going down for hhis team when nothing was happening. :)

You have to admit, you are usually the first to find and point out the flaws.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Every game needs its critics. As much as I can praise games like CoD and Battlefield for being reasonably well made games with plenty of content for the price, there are still people that treat them like they're the biggest piles of cow manure to ever be printed on a disc. I actually tear away at CoD itself for being almost too arcade-y where at times it's just hide and go seek with guns, since if you shoot first 95 times out of 100 you'll be the winner.

With that said, people who see the flaws in Splatoon are needed, even if they end up seeing more bad than good. If Nintendo thinks they simply did everything right this time, it will prevent them from trying to improve the experience later. And I'm personally still fixated on the fact that they released a half done game at full quality title price everywhere outside of Europe.

Reactions: thorasgar

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems the reason you get knocked out after koing someone else seems to be because you ko someone as soon as he/she already fired and it took its time to reach you, the lag is probably another reason but I think this could be possible

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
And I'm personally still fixated on the fact that they released a half done game at full quality title price everywhere outside of Europe.
Naahh, that was NOA being greedy because "IF IT'S A COD-LIKE THEN WILL SELL LIKE HOTCAKES" so they put a high price to increase the profit.

and no one has complained about disc locked content??
the game enabled the maps and weapon without needing to download a thing, we are still at v1.0.0

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else been getting ''ink lag''? There were a couple times where I'd shoot a big area, but there was no ink laid down, then after about 20 seconds, it showed up, even though everything else was moving at normal speed.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else been getting ''ink lag''? There were a couple times where I'd shoot a big area, but there was no ink laid down, then after about 20 seconds, it showed up, even though everything else was moving at normal speed.
I just asked my boys and they have been getting ink lag occasionally.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
yup, I had a couple matches where experienced ink lag and even kill lag. but most of the time the gameplay is very smooth.
the majority of the time was against japanese players. that and when I stopped playing noticed that I left transmission(torrent client) open in my laptop, so that could explain when happened to my own ink in one occasion.

as a fun fact in another occasion I splattered a opponent and he splatted me too, but I revived a second latter as I haven't really died.

some silly miiverse posts
xRWjMG7.jpg

b9wq3As.jpg

Reactions: VinsCool

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I get from this thread it's a good game, not perfect by any stretch but well worth a buy?
Like Smash used copies will show up in a couple of months and save a little if budget is a big concern, but my boys love it and I can't wait till I am all moved to the new house so I can get a chance at it.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What I get from this thread it's a good game, not perfect by any stretch but well worth a buy?

Pretty much that. It´s only going to get better with the new upcoming content, so you might want to wait some weeks and grab a used copy (like thorasgar said) if you are still uncertain.

D

Deleted User

I've been meaning to ask...
I heard that there's a colour blind friendly mode. Does anyone have screenshots of what that looks like? I'm not colour blind, but I've been interested in what it looks like compared to what the game normally looks like.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that there's a colour blind friendly mode. Does anyone have screenshots of what that looks like? I'm not colour blind, but I've been interested in what it looks like compared to what the game normally looks like.
Really??? That's awesome! I have "severe" colorblindness and it causes problems in some games. So far when I have watched my boys play the colors have been distinct enough that I wouldn't have a problem but I can see it happening.

For anyone interested, normal people see millions of colors I see about 50 thousand.

Reactions: Deleted User

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Apparently it just forces the teams in multiplayer to always be blue and orange, so they always stand out from each other and the ground.
Source

Reactions: Deleted User

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wonder if it forces the other players on blue and orange. In theory every player could be looking at completely different sets of colors and no one would be the wiser. As long as team A is one color value and Team B is another color value, what is actually rendered on a each players screen shouldn't matter.

Maybe that's why there is no voice chat. So no one really knows what color the others are using.:lol:

ronopotomus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is really worth the purchase. We are having so much fun with it that I'm buying a second copy for our second machine to hopefully play together with my son :)

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My roommates jumped in and bought this game but I've been weary to drop the dough for it.

The music is just flat out annoying and it gets really old and its random so sometimes you get the same song 2 or 3 times in a row cause I guess only 6 of the tracks play when you're online. The tracks are so similar and filled with tomodochi life singing and they all are just horrible.

The hand holding by Nintendo on the maps/modes is also annoying. Playing a game with a buddy, you can't even get on their team and then suddenly you're both kicked to the main menu to listen to a couple whores tell you that they've changed the maps and now for the next 4 hours you'll be playing those. Stupid I can't play with a friend for the sake of releasing that as a feature later. Stupid to only have 6 maps that are smaller than the princesses courtyard in Mario 64.

The level cap is low but I'm pretty sure they will raise it but the thing is it seems half the game is like that. It'll come later. Bullshit its $60.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I bought this game a few days and I have had a hard time putting it down. Hands down the best reason for me to turn on my Wii U again.
Without voice chat multiplayer is boring :/
I remember gold times playing Left 4 Dead Online with my friends o/
I am going to have to disagree because honestly the last thing I want to listen to is some 12 year swearing at me.
Personally I would rather use skype instead with my friends.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought this game a few days and I have had a hard time putting it down. Hands down the best reason for me to turn on my Wii U again.

I am going to have to disagree because honestly the last thing I want to listen to is some 12 year swearing at me.
Personally I would rather use skype instead with my friends.
You know what remedies voice chat issues? Party chat. All you hear is the people in your group. Nobody else unless you choose to listen to somebody else. It even took Sony until the PS4 to realize Microsoft had it right back on the 360, but apparently that totally passed Nintendo by. There was nothing keeping them from creating voice chat that only worked among added friends when in designated groups except Nintendo's unwillingness to conform to modern standards because they fear the potential abuses of technology so much.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, get away from the children