Gaming Splatoon

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
WUPC is only for local player 2, sadly.

I imagined they could make the map-jump possible by pressing the two shoulder buttons, choose whereabouts in the map and press A! but no, it's not happening.

Wow.. This may drastically change my view on buying this. Why the hell wouldn't they make it compatible.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Wow.. This may drastically change my view on buying this. Why the hell wouldn't they make it compatible.
Captain Toad could have been pefectly played with a Wii U Pro Controller but god forbid Nintendo actually uses the darn traditional controller of the Wii U.

Still, for £22.95 (or £32.75 with amiibo) it's worth a try.

Kangaxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WUPC is only for local player 2, sadly.

I imagined they could make the map-jump possible by pressing the two shoulder buttons, choose whereabouts in the map and press A! but no, it's not happening.

Fucking Nintendo, I love the games on the Wii U but I hate the tablet controller. They could have easily mapped that stupid map/jump function to a button or button combo like you said, but no, they need to tack on gimmicks...

Example: Press button combo, quickly select the player/place you want to jump to with the dpad, done. Wouldn't this be faster than looking at the tablet screen, moving your finger to the screen to push or whatever.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Fucking Nintendo, I love the games on the Wii U but I hate the tablet controller. They could have easily mapped that stupid map/jump function to a button or button combo like you said, but no, they need to tack on gimmicks...

Example: Press button combo, quickly select the player/place you want to jump to with the dpad, done. Wouldn't this be faster than looking at the tablet screen, moving your finger to the screen to push or whatever.
Nintendo hasn't made proper use of the GamePad since 2012 so they're just trying to find reasons to make the GamePad a requirement.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
well how are you going to see the map with the wupc? :P
Bottom right on the TV.

It was stupid as hell that initially the map in Mario Kart 8 was exclusive to the GamePad and so I never bothered looking down at the brick. I hope Splatoon's map will be on the TV because it'd be inconvenient to have it on the GamePad.

D

Deleted User

Oh yeah, I'm totally not buying full price.
Or at all.
I don't have a Wii U.

I'm poor

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
it isn't if you look at a few previews of it shown in the direct you can see the map on the gamepad showing you where everyone is and also how much paint is everywhere in real time.
The map is only on the GamePad? It would be so much more convenient to have it on the TV at all times and the only time that one should look at the GamePad would be to jump from one part to the other.

This just seems like a stupid gimmick feature to force the GamePad unnecessarily. -.-"

No voice chat, map on the GamePad, no Wii U Pro Controller support for Player 1... It can't get worse than this.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The map is only on the GamePad? It would be so much more convenient to have it on the TV at all times and the only time that one should look at the GamePad would be to jump from one part to the other.

This just seems like a stupid gimmick feature to force the GamePad unnecessarily. -.-"

No voice chat, map on the GamePad, no Wii U Pro Controller support for Player 1... It can't get worse than this.
now you know why i'm NOT getting it! :P

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody getting this game? I like the idea but I will NOT be getting it at full price -especially after what I read about local multiplayer.

- No Wii Remote/Nunchuck option for a SHOOTER
- No bringing a buddy with you online
- P2 must have Pro Controller
- No classic controller support
- Must use Gamepad Gyro to aim ...awkward!

....yeeeeaaahhhh, NO! Not at full price. My wife and I play a lot of Wii U games together and we enjoy the few games that allow us to take on the online world. Sorry Nintendo but you lost me this time.
only 3 of those are correct.

1. no p2 0nline

2.no wii mote

and no cc.

Yep those are solid reasons...

Oh yeah and gyro controls can be turned off.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
P2 must use a Wii U Pro Controller, that hasn't changed.

I don't know why Nintendo's being so stubborn about using the WUPC for it when they've been ignoring it for ages and their DLC Party 10 requires the Wiimote also.

Yep those few problems are so fucking killer cant get that game now... * Sarcasm*

If the map is exclusively on the GamePad then it could lead to an unpleasant experience. Do you remember Mario Kart 8's map being on the GamePad? Yeah, that was a thing.

I never looked down at the GamePad because all the action was on the TV. Same applies here.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
P2 must use a Wii U Pro Controller, that hasn't changed.

I don't know why Nintendo's being so stubborn about using the WUPC for it when they've been ignoring it for ages and their DLC Party 10 requires the Wiimote also.

If the map is exclusively on the GamePad then it could lead to an unpleasant experience. Do you remember Mario Kart 8's map being on the GamePad? Yeah, that was a thing.

I never looked down at the GamePad because all the action was on the TV. Same applies here.
Well even in mk8 the gamepad had a use, it was the only way to know what items people behind you had giving much more strategy to be developed.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
not the maps the fact you can see the items of the people youre playing against.
Really? That's good but it should be on the TV. Not essential like the map so don't really care.

Last time I was looking back and was in first place then I fell off the track. The same could've happen if I were looking at the GamePad.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only 3 of those are correct.

1. no p2 0nline

2.no wii mote

and no cc.

Yep those are solid reasons...

Oh yeah and gyro controls can be turned off.

I'm reading the Splatoon eShop page now. The following are supported:

For Player 1 - the Wii U Gamepad

For Player 2 - a choice between these three: The Wii U Pro Controller, The Wii Classic Controller or the Wii Classic Controller Pro. This also means that your PDP and HORI fight pads are also compatible. The part that sucks is that there is STILL NO Wii Remote + Nunchuck option which is my major reason for not buying this game.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm reading the Splatoon eShop page now. The following are supported:

For Player 1 - the Wii U Gamepad

For Player 2 - a choice between these three: The Wii U Pro Controller, The Wii Classic Controller or the Wii Classic Controller Pro. This also means that your PDP and HORI fight pads are also compatible. The part that sucks is that there is STILL NO Wii Remote + Nunchuck option which is my major reason for not buying this game.
Have you ever played a shooter with the wii mote? its crap.

Reactions: laudern

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: