Gaming Splatoon

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody getting this game? I like the idea but I will NOT be getting it at full price -especially after what I read about local multiplayer.

- No Wii Remote/Nunchuck option for a SHOOTER

Thank god.

- No bringing a buddy with you online

Yeah that's dumb.

- P2 must have Pro Controller

As opposed to what? Another gamepad?

- No classic controller support

The classic controller has such awkward analog sticks though.

- Must use Gamepad Gyro to aim ...awkward!

At E3 people just used the right stick...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The gyro aiming has been confirmed to be optional but the game still doesn't necessarily need to be a Wii U GamePad exclusive.

Need the map? Press L, select the area and jump in! Bam it's done.

Reactions: shinkodachi

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gyro aiming has been confirmed to be optional but the game still doesn't necessarily need to be a Wii U GamePad exclusive.

Need the map? Press L, select the area and jump in! Bam it's done.
But the map isn't just for spawning on allies. The game is based around have a map detailed enough to tell at a glance what part of the ground is painted what color. A standard two tone transparent military FPS map shoved in the corner wouldn't cut it.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The audio (music) is an important factor for me since Nintendo games have some of the best VGM out there. Compressed audio can be pretty shitty.

yeah that is true but there are awful music games with large file sizes and vice versa. Issues is people bitch about large files BUT also complain about lack of feature and compression so it is a problem

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gyro controls of this game are actually great. Very subtle and easy to control.

As far as file size is concerned, Nintendo is stellar at packing content into small files.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but it's vital to their blossoming online presence.

And if you've played 3D World, you know they can easily fit a full game's worth of content in only a few GB.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Really hoping they'll eventually patch to allow 2 players locally to play online.

My friends don't have a wiiu and it would be cool to play this with them. That 1vs1 local mode looks really dull tbh. Clearly nothing like the online modes offer.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Really hoping they'll eventually patch to allow 2 players locally to play online.

My friends don't have a wiiu and it would be cool to play this with them. That 1vs1 local mode looks really dull tbh. Clearly nothing like the online modes offer.
4 player local could work.

1x GamePad
3x WUPCs

And a map on the bottom left/right.

The GamePad player would have the advantage over the others because he/she can just jump anywhere but the WUPC could do it too but it's Nintendo.. they're not known to support the WUPC.

Kangaxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will the game support the Pro Controller online? I don't mean coop local games, I mean I will be the only player playing online.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Will the game support the Pro Controller online? I don't mean coop local games, I mean I will be the only player playing online.

WUPC is only for local player 2, sadly.

I imagined they could make the map-jump possible by pressing the two shoulder buttons, choose whereabouts in the map and press A! but no, it's not happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg