Hacking Splatoon Modding Hub

Has this guide allowed you to successfully install Octohax?

• Yes

• No (If you choose this, please post errors, your process, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Looks like 106-0346 is a NNID ban, not sure if is permanant.

This appears to have been triggered by save editing, SO THAT IS PROBABLY UNSAFE.
Wait, so it didn't occur to people before that splatoon hashes their savefiles? Meaning we really JUST got this confirmation? Dang it people, some learning in common sense for the single game with the biggest focus on flawless onlineplay from ninty this far is in order xD
No offense to the modders finding all the sick stuff, but this was more then serious to be expected

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so it didn't occur to people before that splatoon hashes their savefiles? Meaning we really JUST got this confirmation? Dang it people, some learning in common sense for the single game with the biggest focus on flawless onlineplay from ninty this far is in order xD
No offense to the modders finding all the sick stuff, but this was more then serious to be expected
It is more that just that, this means that save scumming could get you banned.

OatmealDome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every one of those

Just disconnect your internet or try them on loadiine

MusicRandomizer is confirmed to be safe online. I've used it for a long time now, and so have other people, and no ban reports that have been directly linked to it yet. For the things in the AIO, just don't edit them while in a match and you'll be fine. (Unless you use dangerous Octoling, which is setting Gender to Octoling) The Colorizer isn't safe though.

(edit: colorizer isn't safe)

Last edited by OatmealDome,
Reactions: Jackall4BDN

SpyKid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is something that can be updated on the first post.

Ban error codes:
  • 106-0306 - temporary Splatoon NNID ban, lose access to Splatoon online multiplayer temporarily on banned NNID
  • 102-2814 - permanent Splatoon ban, lose access to Splatoon online multiplayer
  • 102-2812 - permanent console ban, lose access to NNID services and online multiplayer

Error Code 106-0346, which some people are now getting. It's "permanent Splatoon NNID ban, lose access to Splatoon online multiplayer permanently on banned NNID". Confirmed. Please update.

Pyrochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the steps you're trying to take? What I did was:
1. Run the TCPGecko installer in loadiine.ovh to grab the IP. Copy it down somewhere.
2. Run TCPGecko
3. Launch Splatoon and go through the news.
4. Stay in the Plaza then launch Splathax on the PC.
5. Enter in the Gecko IP you copied earlier.
6. It should say connected and then load your gear. If it doesn't then delete the IP in the box and then click Connect while its blank so Splathax can attempt to connect automatically.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if it's safe to edit the abilities on the Splatfest tee and use it online?

Huh.....i've never seen that process before. I'll try it......the steps I always tried were:
  1. Find the Wii U local IP address.
  2. Run kexploit31 and TCPGecko on the Wii U.
  3. Launch Splatoon. Get to the start screen or plaza.
  4. Open Splathax on the computer, enter the Wii U local IP address, and click on "Connect".
EDIT:I tried it and it didn't work.....no matter what i do, when i type my ip and hit connect, it will immediately say the connection failed. The behavior when there is no ip typed in is rather peculiar...the first time, it will say no reachable tcpgecko connection can be found, and if i try it again, for whatever strange reason, the program will crash.
EDIT2:Wait a minute...what version of windows was Splathax made for? I'm using Windows 10...

Last edited by Pyrochrome,

OatmealDome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Nintendo flipped a switch somewhere and changed the Splatfest battle BGM to Calamari Inkantation, which is so hype! ...but it also broke MusicRandomizer at the same time, since it didn't detect the specific file that they were using as multiplayer BGM. A new release is out that fixes this bug.

(NOTE: If you're one of the people I gave the playlists pre-release build to, please contact me on the Splatoon Modding Hub Discord or PM me here on GBAtemp. I will give you a new build that fixes this bug and gets rid of that pesky update prompt.)

https://github.com/OatmealDome/SplatoonUtilities/releases/tag/MR-v1.0.1.1

Pyrochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, this last Splatfest has got me thinking.....there obviously must be some variable that tells the game there's a Splatfest going on when data from Nintendo's servers are sent to it. Could it be possible to create a mod that forces the game to boot in Splatfest mode? (then again, we'd probably have to figure out how to mod the news report and certain texture variables to handle the data that isn't hardcoded into the game, like what the shirt looks like for example...)

Mario10095

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the Splatfest shirt textures in the game files, which means that they're staying. :)

Because I don't think they were in the game files before, or at least not in the same directory.

Last edited by Mario10095,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up