Status
Not open for further replies.

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The colors work for me, but I have the same problem as Millie Tailsko Prower. When loading online or octo valley stages, the color goes back to normal.
^Ditto that.
Only the weapon testing area, Inkopolis (Including stores and the Lobby) and the Octo Valley Hub World seem to acknowledge colorhax.

EDIT:
@Millie "Tailsko" Prower
You got the Battle Dojo working? I/My brother was quite let down when we saw the game's default colours, and no, I don't have color lock, and no, I entered the match and there still were no changes.

Other then that, many, many thanks to all the people who made this.
Some gear looks so fresh in Black/White, by the way =P

Last edited by KoopaStarRpad,

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
^Ditto that.
Only the weapon testing area, Inkopolis (Including stores and the Lobby) and the Octo Valley Hub World seem to acknowledge colorhax.

EDIT:
@Millie "Tailsko" Prower
You got the Battle Dojo working? I/My brother was quite let down when we saw the game's default colours, and no, I don't have color lock, and no, I entered the match and there still were no changes.

Other then that, many, many thanks to all the people who made this.
Some gear looks so fresh in Black/White, by the way =P
"all the people", just me. Nikki found some addresses, but all the code is mine.

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
"all the people", just me. Nikki found some addresses, but all the code is mine.

Meant "all the people that made this possible", those words stuck in my head, but seemingly, I never wrote them here...
Whoops.
I meant those who contributed to Loadiine, Caffiine, Kernel, the hacks themselves, ah heck, just all persons who helped.

Though, I recall that on the Modding Hub, it (The main post) mentioned you created the GUI and as such, one could assume someone else did the base stuff, but as you did state, the code is yours.

At the end, I ask myself how people start getting into coding, and why I don't advance in learning myself.
Conclusively, I wouldn't have to ask much and can follow into doing things myself, for example, even in video games like these, being independent when hacking seems more fun.
(Also, I could find a way to mod those hacked ink colours into multiplayer areas.
And I saw glowing ink somewhere, how's that possible? Is there even some transparency when changing the Alpha channel of ink? Isn't it set on some value or such?)

E: Quick change in formatting

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Meant "all the people that made this possible", those words stuck in my head, but seemingly, I never wrote them here...
Whoops.
I meant those who contributed to Loadiine, Caffiine, Kernel, the hacks themselves, ah heck, just all persons who helped.

Though, I recall that on the Modding Hub, it (The main post) mentioned you created the GUI and as such, one could assume someone else did the base stuff, but as you did state, the code is yours.

At the end, I ask myself how people start getting into coding, and why I don't advance in learning myself.
Conclusively, I wouldn't have to ask much and can follow into doing things myself, for example, even in video games like these, being independent when hacking seems more fun.
(Also, I could find a way to mod those hacked ink colours into multiplayer areas.
And I saw glowing ink somewhere, how's that possible? Is there even some transparency when changing the Alpha channel of ink? Isn't it set on some value or such?)

E: Quick change in formatting
The glowing ink is for splatfests. Alpha is ignored. I started modding Minecraft.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Works for me.
aUFOLED.png

Reactions: ToonRudy

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I don't want to be pushy, but is the issue solved where the good and the bad guys' colors get changed when clicking Get colors?

Reactions: nxwing

Deleted member 383323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I guess I could try again. But basically, the hub for Octo Valley, the test area, and Inkopolis are the only things that work. When I go online with it, and it reverts back to normal, I press Get Colors and it says I have the custom colors. I've tryed both Color Lock and Non-Color Lock. Same goes for Octo Valley, I go into a level and then the colors are normal. The colorizor doesn't freeze.

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Works for me.
aUFOLED.png

This also works for me.
But, when entering a stage, even with "constant" enabled (It was always on, tbh) no color gets changed.
That's the problem.
I also use a Mac, but I have Windows 8 on VirtualBox and can use that, if it matters anyhow which it shouldn't.
Apple and Java... Don't seem like the best friends, after disabling it by default on Mac OS X Lion.

By the way:
Any way to edit glowing ink regularly, then?
Colorhax aside maybe, for now?
That's where I got it from:

I just want it to glow a bit less and then use glowing ink =P

Post Scriptum:
Minecraft modding?
As far as I know, the fact most entities are self-explaining there and values are where it's at, so one can skip the other dreadful steps of coding and start with the universal stuff.
I never bought Minecraft for the PC, but hey, I was interested in it some time and looked everything up I could imagine, so I hope I'm not too far off.
Just creating mods, that's what I never took too long a glance on because I knew I wasn't getting the game.
There was a mod called "Too Much TNT" that allowed you to create custom TNT, that's like modding inside a mod and the most I researched about modding itself, so that's hopefully telling enough about my knowledge.
Though, there is this thing called Genuino, which could present enough experience in coding.
Has a counterpart in the states, albeit its name is a bit different, but it's known enough on reddit and such that it has a moderate following.
You, umm, code ''Robots'' there. Although you more likely just try to control LEDs, Sensors and Servos.
With computer science.

MHFsilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can this get you banned?

Color editing alone shouldn't get you banned as it's all handled client side. Using the color editor + stuff like weapon mods will get you banned however not because of the colors but for the weapon modding of course. As long as you don't use any risky hacks listed in the modding thread along with the color editor, you should be good.

Basically, don't be that guy and hack weapons and such and use them online

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
This also works for me.
But, when entering a stage, even with "constant" enabled (It was always on, tbh) no color gets changed.
That's the problem.
I also use a Mac, but I have Windows 8 on VirtualBox and can use that, if it matters anyhow which it shouldn't.
Apple and Java... Don't seem like the best friends, after disabling it by default on Mac OS X Lion.

By the way:
Any way to edit glowing ink regularly, then?
Colorhax aside maybe, for now?
That's where I got it from:

I just want it to glow a bit less and then use glowing ink =P

Post Scriptum:
Minecraft modding?
As far as I know, the fact most entities are self-explaining there and values are where it's at, so one can skip the other dreadful steps of coding and start with the universal stuff.
I never bought Minecraft for the PC, but hey, I was interested in it some time and looked everything up I could imagine, so I hope I'm not too far off.
Just creating mods, that's what I never took too long a glance on because I knew I wasn't getting the game.
There was a mod called "Too Much TNT" that allowed you to create custom TNT, that's like modding inside a mod and the most I researched about modding itself, so that's hopefully telling enough about my knowledge.
Though, there is this thing called Genuino, which could present enough experience in coding.
Has a counterpart in the states, albeit its name is a bit different, but it's known enough on reddit and such that it has a moderate following.
You, umm, code ''Robots'' there. Although you more likely just try to control LEDs, Sensors and Servos.
With computer science.

Interesting, I'll have to try to get that working. The glowing thing is doable I'm sure, just like I'm sure changing colors in real time is possible. I'll fix the swapping bug today though.

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Interesting, I'll have to try to get that working. The glowing thing is doable I'm sure, just like I'm sure changing colors in real time is possible. I'll fix the swapping bug today though.
That's cool.
The swapping bug wasn't too bothering, entering Octo Valley, just sending swapped colours (which isn't always possible, e.g. when inside an area) or some other area/scene-switching shenanigans did the trick for me.
Octo Valley loads the "Good Guy" colour only IIRC, so that should be an answer.

Wait, I think I even have a source to quote:
http://krak-on-splat-roller.tumblr..../for-reaching-500-followers-im-posting-colour
There it is.

• Each colour in a vs set has a designation of either Alpha or Bravo. In this case Pokémon Red was Alpha and Pokémon Blue was Bravo. Entering Octo Valley always forces the user into the Alpha colour of their current set and replaces the Neutral and Bravo colours with a particular shade of yellow and Octoling Purple respectively. This means the training ground screenshot was unable to be taken correctly from the Pokémon Red side of this splatfest. Luckily, this seems to only affect the training dummies since all the gear that use the enemy ink colour seem to use some other internal value and are unaffected by this quirk.
My conclusion is that going to Octo Valley before accessing your Equipment should always load the colours just as you set them for now, until the supposed fix is available.
Leaving Octo Valley should make the colour you had inside the hub stay, so that's hopefully true.

Though, the last time I played with hacked ink colors was, like ~24 hours back :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one