Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
so, okay, just to make sure i got the steps right.
i made sure tcpGecko was up and running, and connected to my wii u and all. splatoon is up and im in the lobby.
then i ran the colorizer, and when it came up i entered the same ip address i used to connect on tcpGecko with, which is my wii u one, and i typed that into the text box at the top and clicked connect
it took a moment and then it gave me the "connection timed out: connect" message.
were all those steps correct? maybe i went wrong somewhere in there or im missing something because im a huge noob when it comes to this stuff lol
Interesting that it would fail then, not entirely sure what is going on. I will try to make a video later today.

Reactions: constellated

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it really is load times, then it might be a good idea to have an option to spam the memory pokes at every possible frame. Or whatever makes the system not crash, I suppose. Something you an turn off as soon as it's loaded. It stands to reason that some people might have faster loading times - I'm sure some folk install games on SSDs.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
If it really is load times, then it might be a good idea to have an option to spam the memory pokes at every possible frame. Or whatever makes the system not crash, I suppose. Something you an turn off as soon as it's loaded. It stands to reason that some people might have faster loading times - I'm sure some folk install games on SSDs.
I have it on the internal flash myself, again, I have stuff to look into with this.

Nick Ash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splatoon Colorizer
Current supported Splatoon version: 2.7.0
What it is:
A simple GUI that enables anyone with the ability to install the tcpGecko code handler on there Wii U to easily change the colors on Splatoon.
Please note, the color can NOT change mid match!​

TEzWKmF.png

Requirements:
  • A PC with at least Java 1.8
  • A Wii U that you can install the tcpGecko code handler
  • Splatoon

Installation:

This program requires two things, a recent version of Java and my launcher; the launcher is required because of some libraries that I use. Download my launcher here(adfree) and extract it to the same location that you put the colorizer in. Then drag the colorizer ".gud" file onto the batch file if you are on Winderps, otherwise open a shell in the current directory and execute "java -jar gudWrapper.jar SplatoonColorizer.gud" to run it.​

Usage:
Enter the IP address of the Wii U with the code handler installed in the text field at the top and click connect. Then choose the colors you want by picking them in the interface; you can use some predefined colors, or set your own with HSV, HSL, RGB or CMYK. If you want to could also check the "Randomize" box to enable the app to choose a color triad when sending the info to the Wii U. Then when you want to set the colors click the "Colorize" button, or check "Constant" which simulates pressing the button once a second. If you would like to get the colors from the Wii U you can click "Get Colors". Please note, the color only changes during level loading. If you want you can experiment with the random ranges using the sliders on the bottom.​

Download is here(adfree).

Updates:
When an update is available the colorizer will open a dialog asking if you want to download an update. Clicking yes will ask your default web browser to download the new version.​

• Thanks to all the people who helped make tcpGecko a thing
  • Thanks to @NWPlayer123 for a couple ideas, offsets and testing 18 versions of this
  • Nintendo for the amazing game

Screenshots:
6PnkaL7.jpg

x7H1r3e.jpg

CfTChew.jpg
It says I cant even open the .gud file it just says "How do you want to open file .gud?

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
It says I cant even open the .gud file it just says "How do you want to open file .gud?
Read "Installation", it says "Then drag the colorizer ".gud" file onto the batch file if you are on Winderps, otherwise open a shell in the current directory and execute "java -jar gudWrapper.jar SplatoonColorizer.gud" to run it."

Nick Ash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read "Installation", it says "Then drag the colorizer ".gud" file onto the batch file if you are on Winderps, otherwise open a shell in the current directory and execute "java -jar gudWrapper.jar SplatoonColorizer.gud" to run it."
Pfff how the hell did I miss that.. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn