Gaming Splatfest 2015! Which side are YOU on?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain what's the whole excitement going around Splatfests?

Since I got worn out of Splatoon in no time I dropped my interest and went back to MK8.
You earn some number of snail shells or something that I believe allows you extra slots on your gear to add abilities. Something like that.

I have been getting more into it the past week and am starting to get the hang of it, up to level 14. Even with color lock on I have a hard time decerning friend from foe without seeing the color of ink they are shooting especially at a distance.

My youngest wants me to buy another copy so we can do multiplayer and Skype. Tempted since it seems safe to update to 5.4 for now. I suppose it will still be worth $40 in a few months if it wears thin. With 2 splatoons going, Skype and other family members using the network not sure how well it would work. My wife already starts complaining when we play mk8 online.

EDIT: well scrap that idea I wasn't considering I only have one GP. FU Nintendo.

Last edited by thorasgar,

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone pissed about splatfest? This was the first one I spent any time with and I did make King but it was mostly 2pts at a time. Lost at least 80% of the matches and not by a small margin. We were usually murdered. It didn't matter how many times I exited out and rejoined, didn't matter what the levels were of my team mates. Inkicide every time. I chose Autobot or whatever, I don't know Transformers.

I found it interesting everyone had western names until midnight and then it was me in a room of Asians again. Is it only regional during a splatfest?

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone pissed about splatfest? This was the first one I spent any time with and I did make King but it was mostly 2pts at a time. Lost at least 80% of the matches and not by a small margin. We were usually murdered. It didn't matter how many times I exited out and rejoined, didn't matter what the levels were of my team mates. Inkicide every time. I chose Autobot or whatever, I don't know Transformers.

I found it interesting everyone had western names until midnight and then it was me in a room of Asians again. Is it only regional during a splatfest?

Did you had any connection issues? I had to fight those connection issues to get queen status

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you had any connection issues? I had to fight those connection issues to get queen status
Yes I did but not sure if it was N or my crappy Uverse and wifi addicted family. :)

Didn't notice lag very often but lots of disconnects and excessive wait time for matches to start.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes I did but not sure if it was N or my crappy Uverse and wifi addicted family. :)

Didn't notice lag very often but lots of disconnects and excessive wait time for matches to start.

I mean like "The connection is unstable" Which according to others is the Gamepad not being able to communicate with the Wii U.

Which i find ridiculous because why would the Gamepad not connecting to the console result into a disconnect from the match?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean like "The connection is unstable" Which according to others is the Gamepad not being able to communicate with the Wii U.

Which i find ridiculous because why would the Gamepad not connecting to the console result into a disconnect from the match?
I was getting that a lot as well. I don't think that's right because it seems to go hand in hand with with the white screen of death connection failure frequently and one of my kids uses the GP exclusively and that is not a problem in any other games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw