ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

DorsalAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've changed a villager back into one who had previously left (Biskit), removed him from "past villagers" and moved his house back to its original location. Only problem is that there is no dirt underneath it, looks a bit strange. Anyone know how to make dirt in specific places, or will it generate underneath later on? Also, will the massive dirt patch where the old house was eventually disappear, or will the game still treat the ground there as though a building is still on top?

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
So I've changed a villager back into one who had previously left (Biskit), removed him from "past villagers" and moved his house back to its original location. Only problem is that there is no dirt underneath it, looks a bit strange. Anyone know how to make dirt in specific places, or will it generate underneath later on? Also, will the massive dirt patch where the old house was eventually disappear, or will the game still treat the ground there as though a building is still on top?

Use spiderhacks to regenerate your grass

Skorrupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

The grass will automatically fix itself the next day.

SammyPoke

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if something like this was created for Tomodachi Life?

btw...has anyone made a full tutorial for this?

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
You go it
If the game crashes when you inject a corrupted ram file, just delete the corrupted acnlram.bin, rename acnlram.bin.bak to acnlram.bin, modify it if you want, put it on the SD card then you can inject with no problem

Reactions: Yenneka

Yenneka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You go it
If the game crashes when you inject a corrupted ram file, just delete the corrupted acnlram.bin, rename acnlram.bin.bak to acnlram.bin, modify it if you want, put it on the SD card then you can inject with no problem

Thank you very much!

PikaStitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to change names / town names :

1) Open HxD (or any other hex editor) and then open your acnlram.bin file in it

2) Go to Search > Replace

3) In the "Search for" field, type your exact actual name in hexadecimal, if it's Chris, it would be 43 68 72 69 73
But you have to add nullbytes after each bytes of letters to separate them, so you have to type 43 00 68 00 72 00 69 00 73
This is an example, put your own values.

Important note : 00 are nullbytes, you have to add nullbytes to equalize the size of the values. If you don't equalize the values size, it will change the file size, and then all the offsets locations are messed up and your file is destroyed. If it asks you to change the file size, say no and add nullbytes, else you know what will happen.

If your name is "Heey" and your want to replace it to "Helloo", you have to put nullbytes at the hex value of "Heey", because "Heey" is the smaller word and contain 4 letters, but "Helloo" containts 6 letters, it's not equal.

If you add 2 nullbytes at "Heey", it will become "Heey**" (lets say ** are invisible), the length is now 6 just like in the word "Helloo", so they are equal, because 6 = 6

Example :
1427051771-dsfsdfssr.png

4) Still in the Replace tab, this time in the "Replace with" field, you type here your desired name the same way as above.

Let's say our name is Chris (43 00 68 00 72 00 69 00 73), we want Elvis (45 00 6C 00 76 00 69 00 73), so we put "45 00 6C 00 76 00 69 00 73" in this field. This is an example, put your own values. Add nullbytes if needed, don't forget what I said in the spoiler.

5) Set the datatype as "Hex-values", Check "All" for the search direction, uncheck "Prompt on replace", then click "Replace all"

6) ???????

7) Profit

It's the same process if you want to do it for the town name.

Do you know how to edit Japanese names? I tried converting the characters to hex but the values are greater than just 2 values ie : さくら = 3055 304F 3089 without nullbytes.

Reactions: cibomatto

Yenneka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized that one of the people on my best friend list has the exact same name as the one I'm trying to change to, thus replacing their name as well when I use the replace all button. Which is weird. Is there any way to not change certain offset?

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone got anything concerning villager happiness.

We know it's retained when the villager is edited to another, meaning it's in that part of the ram, but so far, my tests were inconclusive.

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Just type the hexadecimal values of the characters, if さis 5530, then it's 5530, it's the same as latin character except there are no nullbytes. But you still have to do the "equalizing" thing

example, you want to remplace Kurisu (4B00 7500 7200 6900 7300 7500) with クリス (AF30 EA30 B930)

So you will search for 4B00 7500 7200 6900 7300 7500
And replace that with AF30 EA30 B930 0000 0000 0000

I hope you will understand with the colors

Reactions: PikaStitch

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I just realized that one of the people on my best friend list has the exact same name as the one I'm trying to change to, thus replacing their name as well when I use the replace all button. Which is weird. Is there any way to not change certain offset?

Just change manually the name of your best friend, or go to his town, and then his TPC and name will be updated automatically. Then you make a fresh dump so you won't have that problem anymore

Reactions: Yenneka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o