Hacking [SPECULATION] SSSpwn allows kernel access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunoha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kernel access is awesome, (it allows region free, better emulators, betters apps) <- this is very important for homebrew scene
but someone else going to say: ''but it allows rom loader'', f***** up that idiot argument !

I don't really give 2 shits about rom loaders. All I care about is activating the region unlock so I can relax and play my import games.

Reactions: Margen67

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really give 2 shits about rom loaders. All I care about is activating the region unlock so I can relax and play my import games.

not trying to be a dick here but if you're willing to spend the money on importing games, maybe you should import a 3ds from that region as well instead of relying on people to hack the 3ds so you can play games you bought

just my $0.02

Seanshoots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So much confirmation bias

When the developer of the exploit says it isn't a kernel exploit, everyone disregards him. This developer has actually released things he has made, not just leaked stuff from others. Many other community members repeatedly post that it is not a kernel exploit, but again they are disregarded.

And then you have someone with a 2 post count say "Guys it is confirmed kernel exploit it uses a service" and everyone will latch on to this information like it is prophecy. Yes, we all want custom firmware and what-not, but speculation and a 10-page thread are not the way to get there. If you don't want to wait for smealum to release source (if he ever does, it would be nice), then just RE it. Relys looks like he is making good progress.

(disregard me, I have 6 posts)

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
"It's just a vulnerability in a game to access a vulnerability in the system firmware. All they'd really need to do is patch the firmware and then the game doesn't even matter."
-eurogamer

also you cant just remove the region lock with just the userland like he claims. If so devs could chose if they want a region lock or not, which they cant.

False.
Devs can, if they wish, remove region locking.

Look at 3DS Guide: Louvre. It's the ONLY game that's REGION FREE (Nintendo said so herself).

If I'm being ignorant here, nevermind me and carry on.

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much confirmation bias

When the developer of the exploit says it isn't a kernel exploit, everyone disregards him. This developer has actually released things he has made, not just leaked stuff from others. Many other community members repeatedly post that it is not a kernel exploit, but again they are disregarded.

And then you have someone with a 2 post count say "Guys it is confirmed kernel exploit it uses a service" and everyone will latch on to this information like it is prophecy. Yes, we all want custom firmware and what-not, but speculation and a 10-page thread are not the way to get there. If you don't want to wait for smealum to release source (if he ever does, it would be nice), then just RE it. Relys looks like he is making good progress.

(disregard me, I have 6 posts)

just because the developer limits access to what the end user can do, doesnt mean its not capable of doing other things

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
St4rK is a Buck

buck-formula-is-age-genetics-nutrition.jpg

?

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyway, just for curious, if it have *Kernel Acess* what you will do, guys ? ROM-Loader ? Okay, but you have idea how do it ? you know anything about REing, ARM etc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.