Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't seen any performance drop at all, and I use them all 32gb 64gb and 128gb. They're all Samsung Evo sd cards too. Love that brand lol.
i just bought the 32gb version of evo love they to, man my bad then i believed more than 32 gb was bad for 3ds

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It is not really a bug, there are work around's, just place a folder on you card and fill it with files (temporary if you like) games, video, photos whatever and then there is no bug

I have no experience with 200gb or larger cards sorry
Thanks! I guess I'll go with 64GB (I hate decreasing space on purpose). Once my 32GB is full. It's more than enough now.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks! I guess I'll go with 64GB (I hate decreasing space on purpose). Once my 32GB is full. It's more than enough now.

I went through a stupid stage of simply buying micro sd whenever they were on offer, ended up with 4 or 5, so ended up selling a couple on

I just stick with the Sandisk and Samsung now

Ifury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Ifury,

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As long you format to fat 32 using the GUI formatter from this guide,
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/
You will be good to go.

You could do the format directly with the 3DS using emunand9 too.

Is there any differences besides boot times? Accessing all the CIAs and showing it on the homescreen and going back and forth from game to home screen is just as quick with a good 128GB card..? I've only used 32 and 64 in my 3DS and I have not noticed any difference anyway.

Last edited by TVL,

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not really wanting to debate what some would consider a myth, yes there are probably bottle neck issues involved with the internal readers of the various 3ds models, however it has been shown by many members time and time again that some (not all) larger cards perform just as well as smaller cards

I believe the word Latency had been banded around lately
No. When I added the 1 byte config file (really, one byte!) to AuRei, people complained about slow booting. "Latency" or "random access time" is the time the card needs to access a random sector. Now, I'm not sure if all large (64/128 GB) cards have bad latency (which is not read/write speeds, those are very fast), but everyone who had the slowdown had large cards. It's not "a myth", I saw it happen.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. When I added the 1 byte config file (really, one byte!) to AuRei, people complained about slow booting. "Latency" or "random access time" is the time the card needs to access a random sector. Now, I'm not sure if all large (64/128 GB) cards have bad latency (which is not read/write speeds, those are very fast), but everyone who had the slowdown had large cards. It's not "a myth", I saw it happen.

As stated, I am really not wanting to debate it.. that said I am sure you are right as your far more knowledgeable than I am in these things

I do know about msd cards though as I have tested many of the top brands, I am in a fortunate position to do this

Again... we are all booting 100% of the time and most of us under 10 seconds so I don't really see any issue :)

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As stated, I am really not wanting to debate it.. that said I am sure you are right as your far more knowledgeable than I am in these things

I do know about msd cards though as I have tested many of the top brands, I am in a fortunate position to do this

Again... we are all booting 100% of the time and most of us under 10 seconds so I don't really see any issue :)
Yeah I know it's just a slight difference, but it's there nevertheless :D I've known about this ever since DS flashcarts. At that time, latency was really important to not make problematic games (like Castlevania) lag. The intro of Castlevania was actually a benchmark for the cart. Sandisk ones had terrible performance in this regard (not sure if they improved since then), while you could play everything on Kingston carts. I think the GBAtemp wiki has an old list with 1GB/2GB carts and their latency.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I know it's just a slight difference, but it's there nevertheless :D I've known about this ever since DS flashcarts. At that time, latency was really important to not make problematic games (like Castlevania) lag. The intro of Castlevania was actually a benchmark for the cart. Sandisk ones had terrible performance in this regard (not sure if they improved since then), while you could play everything on Kingston carts. I think the GBAtemp wiki has an old list with 1GB/2GB carts and their latency.

It is really an odd thing brand wise tbh, well in my own experience it seems to have done a 360 and Kingston not so great now and Sandisk (the higher end cards) seem to excel

I tried all 3 in the Sandisk range, a couple of Kingston cards, a couple of different Samsung cards and found the best performing of the larger cards were the the SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 and the Samsung Evo Plus 64GB UHS-I

That said I also had 2 of the Sandisk 128gb cards (the 95mb per second ones) at one point for "review purposes" and found them really really laggy, but I have spoken to other members who have had no issues with them at all and swear by them

I think it all depends on what works well for the individual with their console, their card and their choice of CFW, when you find your own personal combination that works well for you stick with it

Saying that when I had those Sandisk 128gb's I think I tested them with rxTools :rolleyes: and no other CFW at the time :wacko:

Reactions: Madridi

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
It is really an odd thing brand wise tbh, well in my own experience it seems to have done a 360 and Kingston not so great now and Sandisk (the higher end cards) seem to excel

I tried all 3 in the Sandisk range, a couple of Kingston cards, a couple of different Samsung cards and found the best performing of the larger cards were the the SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 and the Samsung Evo Plus 64GB UHS-I

That said I also had 2 of the Sandisk 128gb cards (the 95mb per second ones) at one point for "review purposes" and found them really really laggy, but I have spoken to other members who have had no issues with them at all and swear by them

I think it all depends on what works well for the individual with their console, their card and their choice of CFW, when you find your own personal combination that works well for you stick with it

Saying that when I had those Sandisk 128gb's I think I tested them with rxTools :rolleyes: and no other CFW at the time :wacko:
back when i used to burn xbox360 games,i think sandisk was the last resort because how cheaply they were manufactored and they wouldnt get a good burn, and Verbatim was the ideal brand. That's the DVD world though.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I was thinking about upgrading to 64 GB as I have 32, if I do I'll get the Samsung you mentioned, as it's cheap on Amazon. Thanks :)

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
back when i used to burn xbox360 games,i think sandisk was the last resort because how cheaply they were manufactored and they wouldnt get a good burn, and Verbatim was the ideal brand. That's the DVD world though.

ohhhh you were in that world too ;)

was anything with Ritek GO4 and then GO5 dye for me, in fact pretty positive Verb's used Ritek dye

Reactions: Reisyukaku

FEAR_1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sandisk got the best SDs on the market, followed by Samsung and Transcend. They literally created the format (with Panasonic and Toshiba help).

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've tested 3 brands of 128gb microsd and didn't experience any "lag", it just takes longer to boot to the homescreen... Once the 3ds is loaded, everything works great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol his pole numbers went up after the conviction, street cred lol