Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yea, i've been meaning to get an arm11 process running, but free time is scarce.
Yes, but svcBackdoor should be enougth to get better version string patching(I will make a test implementation). Also, what do you thing about using a buffer for the memory dumping, I had Problems dumping the full fcram without a buffer.

Reactions: peteruk

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but svcBackdoor should be enougth to get better version string patching(I will make a test implementation). Also, what do you thing about using a buffer for the memory dumping, I had Problems dumping the full fcram without a buffer.
Ah, right, arm9 has access to that SVC too :0
Also do tell about the buffer idea

Reactions: peteruk

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah, right, arm9 has access to that SVC too :0
Also do tell about the buffer idea
I think svc backdoor mostly exists for arm9's access xD

Every additional fwrite should append to the opened file, so using a buffer and loop while writing should prevent it from crashing while dumping a bigger part of the memory.

Edit: I testet it with something like this:
Code:
unsigned int bytesWritten = 0;
    memset(&handle, 0, 32);
    fopen9(&handle, filename, 6);
    unsigned int buffersize=0x10000;
    char* tmpPointer=(void*) buf;
    while(size>buffersize)
    {
       fwrite9(&handle, &bytesWritten, tmpPointer, buffersize);
       size-=buffersize;
       tmpPointer+=buffersize;
    }
    if(size>0)
        fwrite9(&handle, &bytesWritten, tmpPointer, size);
    fclose9(&handle);

Maybe doing a file operation and consuming to much time will prevent the system from other operations it needs to do on arm9.
Its not a real buffer i'm using here, but it works like using a buffer

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

darkmanwe4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys I'm getting a black screen just after the splash screen when I try to launch Reinand both directly from ctrbootmanager and manually from HBL after installing 3.2b over 3.1, I just replaced the files the same way as when I went from 3 to 3.1... Did I miss some step on installing 3.2?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I'm getting a black screen just after the splash screen when I try to launch Reinand both directly from ctrbootmanager and manually from HBL after installing 3.2b over 3.1, I just replaced the files the same way as when I went from 3 to 3.1... Did I miss some step on installing 3.2?
Although I don't think the firmware.bin has changed, but did you also download the firmware.bin file?

Reactions: darkmanwe4ever

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't, I think someone said earlier it hadn't changed. But I'm gonna try it anyway.

EDIT: firmware.bin was the problem, I updated and now it works fine. I feel so dumb xD
Thank you!
This might be a stupid question but may you point me towards where you are getting an updated firmware.bin?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a stupid question but may you point me towards where you are getting an updated firmware.bin?

If you are using the official builds from Rei, you can find a link to the firmware.bin file on the github page. If you are using a modified build by Aurora or someone else then you should contact the person responsible for the build and ask them which file you need to use and where to get it.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using the official builds from Rei, you can find a link to the firmware.bin file on the github page. If you are using a modified build by Aurora or someone else then you should contact the person responsible for the build and ask them which file you need to use and where to get it.
ok thank you! I appreiciate the answer :)

darkmanwe4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I couldn't find it on Rei's github, so I downloaded from that ISO site, it's on the post that has the cias of all the 3ds updates.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't find it on Rei's github, so I downloaded from that ISO site, it's on the post that has the cias of all the 3ds updates.

Not sure how long ago the dude updated his post with new links and files, so that might not be the right firmware.bin file. As for not being able to find it on the github, you should be looking for a link to a file, not for the file itself.

"First you'll need the firmware file that I didnt include because reasons. Get that HERE"

darkmanwe4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Not sure how long ago the dude updated his post with new links and files, so that might not be the right firmware.bin file. As for not being able to find it on the github, you should be looking for a link to a file, not for the file itself.

"First you'll need the firmware file that I didnt include because reasons. Get that HERE"
Oh it's right there, I just skipped the text under "Compiling", my bad. Thank you!

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't, I think someone said earlier it hadn't changed. But I'm gonna try it anyway.

EDIT: firmware.bin was the problem, I updated and now it works fine. I feel so dumb xD
Thank you!

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tutorial for this? I tried following a video I found online and when I do Emunand, it wouldn't let me back up my SysNand, so I went ahead and started. No problems, but Reinand won't give me the Press Start menu. It only gives me the image of the girl and then reloads back to the boot menu to choose either Reinand or HBLauncher.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tutorial for this? I tried following a video I found online and when I do Emunand, it wouldn't let me back up my SysNand, so I went ahead and started. No problems, but Reinand won't give me the Press Start menu. It only gives me the image of the girl and then reloads back to the boot menu to choose either Reinand or HBLauncher.
Ever since ReiNAND 3.0, Rei removed the press start screen. It automatically boots into emuNAND now.
Although, it seems like in your case you have MenuHax installed on your emuNAND (which is bound to happen when creating an emuNAND, as it is an exact copy of your sysNAND.), so ReiNAND gets redirected to HBL.
If you have a button set to skip MenuHax, press it upon seeing the ReiNAND splash screen (or maybe a few seconds before).

Last edited by Supster131,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?