Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

Pounou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whats mean support for 10.2 firmlaunch plz. I see somewhere this mean this cfw work with sysnand 10.2 is that true plz ?

Last edited by Pounou,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Rant post below!

One thing I hate the most about Cakes and Rei is the lack of region free. Yes I know that you can use FMP, but it always brings back the other region cia's as gifts that I have to unwrap, and place them in the folders again. I only have 5 other region games at least. If it would at least leave them in their folder and unwrapped, I would not give a rip whatsoever. It's the reason why I can't steer away from Gateway or Rxtools at this moment.

This is just a personal rant, I appreciate the work done on Rei and Cakes. What ticks me off is how everyone praises Rei and Cakes, and even go as far as recommending it to noobs as a go-to CFW, without even telling them the downside. Most of my noob friends would have to deal with FMP over and over, where I have to teach them that they'll have to deal with unwrapping the games over and over.

The only good thing going for it is the boot rate, feels lightweight to boot into. But come on, Gateway and Rxtools boot up just fine for me. People even say that Rxtools is hard to setup. NO it's not! It's the same as every other CFW, they all need a firmware file that you need to obtain yourself.

The ONLY way that Cakes and Rei will be absolutely flawless for you, is if you went all out USA Cia's (On a USA console for example). Imagine someone with more than 5 out of region Cia's to unwrap every time. And every time those gifts appear, they destroy my badges that I have to keep setting up again and again.

And I know what you must be thinking: Just don't use Cakes or Rei then, end of story. Sure I can go that route, but what about all the people posting everywhere, hyping up these CFW as if nobody is ever bothered by the lack of region free?

Again I'm sorry for the rant, I just can't come to LOVE these CFW as a lot of people do. Gateway and Rxtools literally do the same thing, BUT with region free. I can't imagine setting up a noob friend with Cakes or Rei, especially when all they know how to do is install cia's and launch games. When I setup a friend with a softmodded 3DS, I make it autoboot into CFW then teach them how to install Cia, which is really easy and basic. I never have to teach them anything more, and it would be embarrassing to tell them that they have to unwrap the gifts every time, for out of region games. They would be disappointed and I'd wish they would have got the USA version instead. But sometimes you don't even have much of a choice, when only EUR links are available but not USA.

Another thing that sorta ticked me off is how everyone was so hyped over 10.3 emunand support. What more can you do that you couldn't do before on 9.5? You can literally access Eshop, play games, do everything. To sacrifice yourself from Gateway or Rxtools just for 10.3 emunand support is a bit ridiculous. 10.3 support is coming for Rxtools, and Gateway is always set with 10.4. But higher emunand support isn't a huge deal. Going from 9.5 to 10.3, is more like going from 10.3 to 10.4. Just a simple change that isn't different besides the fact that you don't have to use FMP anymore. (Yes I know that FMP doesn't give full eshop access, only Hans does)

I'm not starting a war or anything, just sharing my thoughts on this matter. Someone please enlighten me about all this, am I the only one who feels this way about rei and cakes?

If you had a choice between two things:
1. Rxtools 2. Reinand
Which would you choose, based on these facts about them:

Rxtools: Not lightweight on bootup, but still boots up just fine. Completely supports region free, no problem.

Reinand: Lightweight to bootup easily, but does not support region free out of the box. HELLO to gift unwrapping a ton of out of region games! I want that for my birthday! WOO

Last edited by MattKimura,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium

One thing I hate the most about Cakes and Rei is the lack of region free. Yes I know that you can use FMP, but it always brings back the other region cia's as gifts that I have to unwrap, and place them in the folders again. I only have 5 other region games at least. If it would at least leave them in their folder and unwrapped, I would not give a rip whatsoever. It's the reason why I can't steer away from Gateway or Rxtools at this moment.

This is just a personal rant, I appreciate the work done on Rei and Cakes. What ticks me off is how everyone praises Rei and Cakes, and even go as far as recommending it to noobs as a go-to CFW, without even telling them the downside. Most of my noob friends would have to deal with FMP over and over, where I have to teach them that they'll have to deal with unwrapping the games over and over.

The only good thing going for it is the boot rate, feels lightweight to boot into. But come on, Gateway and Rxtools boot up just fine for me. People even say that Rxtools is hard to setup. NO it's not! It's the same as every other CFW, they all need a firmware file that you need to obtain yourself.

The ONLY way that Cakes and Rei will be absolutely flawless for you, is if you went all out USA Cia's (On a USA console for example). Imagine someone with more than 5 out of region Cia's to unwrap every time. And every time those gifts appear, they destroy my badges that I have to keep setting up again and again.

And I know what you must be thinking: Just don't use Cakes or Rei then, end of story. Sure I can go that route, but what about all the people posting everywhere, hyping up these CFW as if nobody is ever bothered by the lack of region free?

Again I'm sorry for the rant, I just can't come to LOVE these CFW as a lot of people do. Gateway and Rxtools literally do the same thing, BUT with region free. I can't imagine setting up a noob friend with Cakes or Rei, especially when all they know how to do is install cia's and launch games. When I setup a friend with a softmodded 3DS, I make it autoboot into CFW then teach them how to install Cia, which is really easy and basic. I never have to teach them anything more, and it would be embarrassing to tell them that they have to unwrap the gifts every time, for out of region games. They would be disappointed and I'd wish they would have got the USA version instead. But sometimes you don't even have much of a choice, when only EUR links are available but not USA.

Another thing that sorta ticked me off is how everyone was so hyped over 10.3 emunand support. What more can you do that you couldn't do before on 9.5? You can literally access Eshop, play games, do everything. To sacrifice yourself from Gateway or Rxtools just for 10.3 emunand support is a bit ridiculous. 10.3 support is coming for Rxtools, and Gateway is always set with 10.4. But higher emunand support isn't a huge deal. Going from 9.5 to 10.3, is more like going from 10.3 to 10.4. Just a simple change that isn't different besides the fact that you don't have to use FMP anymore. (Yes I know that FMP doesn't give full eshop access, only Hans does)

I'm not starting a war or anything, just sharing my thoughts on this matter. Someone please enlighten me about all this, am I the only one who feels this way about rei and cakes?
Go rxTools :P
- Supports 10.3/10.4 on O3DS(XL) and regionfree
- Sorry it doesn't support Emunand 10.3/10.4 yet on N3DS, you'll be stuck at 9.5 emunand for that.

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: peteruk

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go rxTools :P
- Supports 10.3/104 on O3DS(XL) and regionfree
- Sorry it doesn't support Emunand 10.3/10.4 yet on N3DS, you'll be stuck at 9.5 emunand for that.
But hey, Rxtools is working on supporting 10.3+ emunand soon. So it's definitely coming! But don't say "you'll be stuck at 9.5 emunand" that way, you make it sound depressing! xD
Being on 9.5 is the same as being on 10.3, in terms of what games you can play, etc. Nearly every game is cryptofixed, I don't see ANY kind of harm being on 9.5 emunand. I mean come on, how LONG have we been on 9.5 emunand and been completely fine? We lived with it and didn't complain, since it was very minor.
With FMP not being able to get full eshop access, at LEAST it can grab game updates. Which is all you ever need Eshop for anyways. You can even update games from the home menu without going into Eshop, so just never use Eshop ever again xD

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
But hey, Rxtools is working on supporting 10.3+ emunand soon. So it's definitely coming! But don't say "you'll be stuck at 9.5 emunand" that way, you make it sound depressing! xD
Being on 9.5 is the same as being on 10.3, in terms of what games you can play, etc. Nearly every game is cryptofixed, I don't see ANY kind of harm being on 9.5 emunand. I mean come on, how LONG have we been on 9.5 emunand and been completely fine? We lived with it and didn't complain, since it was very minor.
With FMP not being able to get full eshop access, at LEAST it can grab game updates. Which is all you ever need Eshop for anyways. You can even update games from the home menu without going into Eshop, so just never use Eshop ever again xD
What if your friends want to play gba games on rxtools emunand? They can't do that now could they?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
[EDIT]
Stability and 10.3/10.4 support is more important then regionfree, it isn't a hassle to use FMP, what i read it's more a frustration/lazyness for you to use because it's not served on a plate. if it's to much to do don't use it at all.

But i'm not that bad, so i give you a few other solutions!

- Use ctrbootmanager and setup multiple CFW's so you can choose what CFW you boot in
- Learn to use Use FMP and don't complain about the few extra steps
- Switch to another CFW that does support regionfree
- Use regionfree cia's instead of regionlocked (that involves a bit more searching/waiting ;) )

and, yes i use Cakes and Rei and rxTools in ctrbootmanager so i can choose what CFW i run (except on N3DS cause rxTools doesn't support 10.3+ yet) and i don't use out of region cia's anyway, i can wait :) and if it never gets released in Europe i use google for the regionfree cia (or make it myself)

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: klear and peteruk

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if your friends want to play gba games on rxtools emunand? They can't do that now could they?
Are we talkin N3DS here? In that case why not use GPSP from RetroArch. It literally gets 60 FPS on even the most intense games out there. It would be a waste not to be able to take advantage of the N3DS when you have one.
Besides, booting miniPasta for GBA games on sysnand is just as good. But for a noob's sake, that would be something I'd hope they can learn without coming back to me about it.

You got a point, but every friend I setup could care less about GBA games. They aren't classic gamers as I am.

[EDIT]
Stability and 10.3/10.4 support is more important then regionfree, it isn't a hassle to use FMP, what i read it's more a frustration/lazyness for you to use because it's not served on a plate. if it's to much to do don't use it at all.

But i'm not that bad, so i give you a few other solutions!

- Use ctrbootmanager and setup multiple CFW's so you can choose what CFW you boot in
- Learn to use Use FMP and don't complain about the few extra steps
- Switch to another CFW that does support regionfree
- Use regionfree cia's instead of regionlocked (that involves a bit more searching/waiting ;) )

and, yes i use Cakes and Rei and rxTools in ctrbootmanager so i can choose what CFW i run (except on N3DS cause rxTools doesn't support 10.3+ yet) and i don't use out of region cia's anyway, i can wait :) and if it never gets released in Europe i use google for the regionfree cia (or make it my own)

Those are good ways to solve my issue, I can totally agree. But UGH people seem to post about rei and cakes everywhere I look, which bothered me enough to rant about it

Last edited by MattKimura,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Are we talkin N3DS here? In that case why not use GPSP from RetroArch. It literally gets 60 FPS on even the most intense games out there. It would be a waste not to be able to take advantage of the N3DS when you have one.
Besides, booting miniPasta for GBA games on sysnand is just as good. But for a noob's sake, that would be something I'd hope they can learn without coming back to me about it.

You got a point, but every friend I setup could care less about GBA games. They aren't classic gamers as I am.
Say to your friends to readup on how to use it.
I can understand you tell it 1 time to them how to use it and not 20 times, but like posted earlier, there are other solutions
Most noob friendly, regionfree cia's installation!

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States

Well i don't care about non region free patching in reinand,.most games are region free patched to work on any console, if it's not region free you can always ask the uploader to patch it to e region free.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@MattKimura

This is a ReiNAND release and discussion thread, whilst i respect your opinion and your obvious love for all things rx & GW, there are many threads already dedicated to them already

So in the most polite way, why not take your rant to one of those threads rather than derailing this one with your rants

Rei is fully aware there is not region free and has already said that he/she will look at adding it at some point in the future

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

If you had a choice between two things:
1. Rxtools 2. Reinand
Which would you choose, based on these facts about them:

Rxtools: Not lightweight on bootup, but still boots up just fine. Completely supports region free, no problem.

Reinand: Lightweight to bootup easily, but does not support region free out of the box. HELLO to gift unwrapping a ton of out of region games! I want that for my birthday! WOO
Simply use touch to scroll to fmps position and start it using touch before the homemenu fully loads the icons. This way you would not have to unwrap them all the time.
Don't know why, but you could start applications fast using touch after bootup.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply use touch to scroll to fmps position and start it using touch before the homemenu fully loads the icons. This way you would not have to unwrap them all the time.
Don't know why, but you could start applications fast using touch after bootup.
That right there sounds like a good fix, and an excuse to start using Reinand whenever I just want to play cia games only without Gateway.
Once/if Reinand supports region free, I swear I'd literally make the switch to Reinand quick. It's all it needs to be a perfect CFW.

Next time I'm in Rei, I'll give your trick a try, thanks for the suggestion.

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, at least this worked for me, unlinking your Nands helped with my unwrapping issue. Haven't had to since. ReiNand 3.1 emunand 10.4 N3DSXL US

Edit: could just patch your games as well, I'm running everything from USA-Japan and back!

Last edited by Stevo_l33,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wonder if there's a way to get the splash screen to show up more often..it seems like when I boot Reinand, most of the time it doesn't show up (black screen until emuNAND boots, or a black screen with a few random pixels set on the left side). :unsure:

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, at least this worked for me, unlinking your Nands helped with my unwrapping issue. Haven't had to since. ReiNand 3.1 emunand 10.4 N3DSXL US
2 completely different issues. If you have region locked games and you use something like NTR or FMP, each time you use one of those, your region locked games will re-appear as gifts.

Edit: could just patch your games as well, I'm running everything from USA-Japan and back!
I'm intrigued, what do you mean by "patch your games"?

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if there's a way to get the splash screen to show up more often..it seems like when I boot Reinand, most of the time it never shows up (black screen until emuNAND boots, or a black screen with a few random pixels set on the left side). :unsure:

I get the same here bud, using boot manager

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jaws is on a diet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn power went out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok xdqwerty, your little bro prob tripped On the cord and unplugged you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ya I'm afraid of the dark hug me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Grab and hold close your AncientBoi doll.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn didn't charge my external battery either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Take the batteries out of your SuperStabber3000... Or is it gas powered?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I stole batteries from your black mamba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My frozen food better hold up for an hour I know that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else gonna be a big lunch and dinner tomorrow.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you pay your power bill? Or give all yo money to my wife, again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good the estimated time is the same exact time they just said
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please watch your porn in the bathroom
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No sir we can not sell you anymore apple pies, after what you did with the last one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We ran out
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    for your life
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: