Hacking Soundhax Problem Old 3DS with 10.1.0-0E (Could Not Play error)

akificko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

My friend has an Old 3DS with 10.1.0-0E. I followed 3ds.guide and downloaded everything necessary. Put them on SD card.

Unfortunately there does not exist a otherapp.bin for 10.1.0-0E. So I have downloaded 7E and 27E files to try both of them.

When I launch Sound app, it just does not work and gives error as "COULD NOT PLAY". I am sure that every file is in correct place and name, otherapp.bin is with correct name etc.
Only different thing is that since I could not find otherapp.bin for 10.1.0-0E, I tried 10.1.0-7E and 10.1.0-27E otherapp files. On some websites I red that these files would work fine on 10.1.0-0E.

What could be wrong? How can I solve this issue. Do you guys have any idea?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It probably won't work because the console has never been updated with the internet (there is a zero at the end of the firmware). You'll have to use an alternative entrypoint (https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives) )

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quoted from the guide:

Note that Cart Updates will only deliver updates to core features, such as the System Settings, Home Menu, etc. Cart Updates will not deliver updates to Nintendo 3DS Sound and Network features, such as System Transfer, Internet Browser, StreetPass Mii Plaza, or eShop.

This means that using a Cart Update from a version containing an older Nintendo 3DS Sound version (<7.0.0 for Old 3DSs in the EUR, JPN, KOR, and USA regions) to one that introduced a newer Nintendo 3DS Sound version will break Soundhax! You will need an alternate method of entering the Homebrew Launcher!

You have only updated with carts, and updated over 7.x so SoundHax will not work.

Reactions: Lacius

akificko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It probably won't work because the console has never been updated with the internet (there is a zero at the end of the firmware). You'll have to use an alternative entrypoint (https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(alternatives) )

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quoted from the guide:

You have only updated with carts, and updated over 7.x so SoundHax will not work.

Thanks for your reply. It was not mine so i didnt know how my friend had updated his old3ds. It is sad to hear these.

So i have no any alternative solutions besides you have linked of this thread?

I have two problems for alternative solutions.
1- I dont own any other cfw'd 3ds from the same region.
2- And i cant buy the alternate games from eshop becayse they are removed.
What could be the best solution for me? Could you please advice me?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for your reply. It was not mine so i didnt know how my friend had updated his old3ds. It is sad to hear these.

So i have no any alternative solutions besides you have linked of this thread?

I have two problems for alternative solutions.
1- I dont own any other cfw'd 3ds from the same region.
2- And i cant buy the alternate games from eshop becayse they are removed.
What could be the best solution for me? Could you please advice me?
The page I linked has all the possibilities in it. You can try buying one of the games from a game shop with a good return policy, so when you are done just return it for a refund. The problem is Cubic Ninja and Freaky Forms would be hard to find. A good idea might be to buy a PowerSaves online then get Ocarina of Time from a game shop and return the game later, but you'll be stuck with the PowerSaves. Or you can try and find someone on the forums to sell you a copy of Ocarina of Time with the save already loaded (you'll need 100 posts to access the trade section). Then you can sell the game later and hopefully only lose a little money.

Reactions: akificko

akificko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The page I linked has all the possibilities in it. You can try buying one of the games from a game shop with a good return policy, so when you are done just return it for a refund. The problem is Cubic Ninja and Freaky Forms would be hard to find. A good idea might be to buy a PowerSaves online then get Ocarina of Time from a game shop and return the game later, but you'll be stuck with the PowerSaves. Or you can try and find someone on the forums to sell you a copy of Ocarina of Time with the save already loaded (you'll need 100 posts to access the trade section). Then you can sell the game later and hopefully only lose a little money.

Thank you very much for your help mate. I will try to find those games hopefully somewhere.

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just after reading the guide for few days and I was almost ready I found this thread! (Super N00b here) lol
So we have 2 new 3ds here with firmware version: 9.2.0-20U

Does that mean I would of been stuck too?

D

Deleted User

Just after reading the guide for few days and I was almost ready I found this thread! (Super N00b here) lol
So we have 2 new 3ds here with firmware version: 9.2.0-20U

Does that mean I would of been stuck too?
No,as you have "-20" which means you've updated outside of a cart ;P

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, w00000t thanks a lot, I thought the last 0 was the problem. :)

Although I bought them like that and have never updated them and they never been online.
Is that possible? just luck that they came with the firmware long long ago?

I have 64gb micro Samsung evo but I think may be too small, though the guide doesn't recommend sdcard size?

I have never put sdcard inside the new 3ds, dunno if that can create a problem.

I will read a lot more since I am not ready yet, as you can see I don't know much about it yet!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D