Sony's 2014 Pre-TGS Conference - ENDED

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A PSV Infamous game would have definitely been great IMO.
That would be nice - maybe they could dabble with some cross-platform content with Second Son. I guess time will tell - for now the message is clear, they're not planning any new big first-party productions, they have to focus on one system.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What would you consider a system seller? Uncharted, KillZone and LittleBigPlanet are easily three of the most recognizable Sony IP's, the only thing that's missing is an exclusive God of War title or a portable The Last of Us. I'll take any PSVita criticism to heart, but I'll never agree that the system didn't get a barrage of quality first-party titles - Sony gave it its best franchises and even invented some new IP's, there's only so much push they can give a system and that snowball just wasn't rolling the way they imagined.

Although Sony already released some of their major IPs, they didn't sell well.
Unfortunately for Sony, PSVita success won't come by their hands.
I already gave you examples of what I think would be system sellers.

It's not Sony's fault in my opinion that Vita isn't doing well, it's a wonderful handheld,
but devs aren't interested in it and a lot of the mobile devs have gone iOS/Android route.
While Nintendo has a franchise like Pokemon, Sony doesn't have that franchise that would make their videogame sales skyrocket.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
While Nintendo has a franchise like Pokemon, Sony doesn't have that franchise that would make their videogame sales skyrocket.
Oh come on, all of their franchises are big hitters - they may not have Pokemon, but Uncharted, WipeOut, LittleBigPlanet, KillZone or God of War are well-liked all-around. The PSVita doesn't need any more first-party content - it needs third-party content and all-around third-party support and it won't get that before the system sells enough units to make development viable. It's the same with the Wii U - it offers loads of Nintendo content, but not much in terms of new third-party big hitters.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh come on, all of their franchises are big hitters - they may not have Pokemon, but Uncharted, WipeOut, LittleBigPlanet, KillZone or God of War are well-liked all-around. The PSVita doesn't need any more first-party content - it needs third-party content and all-around third-party support and it won't get that before the system sells enough units to make development viable. It's the same with the Wii U - it offers loads of Nintendo content, but not much in terms of new third-party big hitters.

I never said it needed more first party content and although those titles are big-hitters my afirmation is still true.
For me they should try to do something like how Nintendo done with Bayonetta, but for a Capcom or Square title that would be a certain hit.
If they managed to get a exclusive Monster Hunter, Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy their sales would probably skyrocket.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I never said it needed more first party content and although those titles are big-hitters my afirmation is still true.
For me they should try to do something like how Nintendo done with Bayonetta, but for a Capcom or Square title that would be a certain hit.
If they managed to get a exclusive Monster Hunter, Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy their sales would probably skyrocket.
They already have with the FFX/X-II HD remakes, although a new title would probably be nice. As for Monster Hunter, a portable version of Frontier G sounds good to me.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They already have with the FFX/XII HD remakes, although a new title would probably be nice. As for Monster Hunter, a portable version of Frontier G sounds good to me.

Most people that want it already have a PS3 and won't be buying a new handheld when they can just buy it for PS3.
Having a new FF exclusive for Vita like Crisis Core wouldd be the ideal fo Vita

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Most people that want it already have a PS3 and won't be buying a new handheld when they can just buy it for PS3.
Having a new FF exclusive for Vita like Crisis Core wouldd be the ideal fo Vita
I hate this kind of logic. People can't get it through their skulls that the PSVita is a portable. Is your PS3 portable? No? Well then, I guess this argument is completely invalid. I love PSVita/PS3/PS4 Cross-Platform games because I get to enjoy the games wherever I go, not just while sitting on my couch in front of a television. It's even better when the saves can migrate, so that I can play on my PS3, send my save file to the PSVita and continue playing the game while I'm out. Sure, it may be discouraging for some people to buy the game on a PSVita rather than a PS3, but those people probably don't want to deal with portable entertainment anyways as they're clearly scoffing at a console-grade title in their pocket.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hate this kind of logic. People can't get it through their skulls that the PSVita is a portable. Is your PS3 portable? No? Well then, I guess this argument is completely invalid. I love PSVita/PS3/PS4 Cross-Platform games because I get to enjoy the games wherever I go, not just while sitting on my couch in front of a television. It's even better when the saves can migrate, so that I can play on my PS3, send my save file to the PSVita and continue playing the game while I'm out. Sure, it may be discouraging for some people to buy the game on a PSVita rather than a PS3, but those people probably don't want to deal with portable entertainment anyways as they're clearly scoffing at a console-grade title in their pocket.

I understand your point and agree with you but that logic is still used by most of the people and the way you say it you probably have already heard/read people saying this.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I understand your point and agree with you but that logic is still used by most of the people and the way you say it you probably have already heard/read people saying this.
Yes, I have, I just think that logic is retarded. It's essentially like saying "Umbrella? HA! Who needs'em? I live in a house, I have a roof over my head!" - well, good luck taking that roof with you when you need to go outside and it just happens to be raining.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sony announces backwards compatibility for the PS4 :yayps3:
I wish... :sleep: I will tune in though, we might get a special surprise :ha:

I thought the difference in the architecture used in the PS4 and PS3 is the reason for no backwards compatibility. :unsure:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I thought the difference in the architecture used in the PS4 and PS3 is the reason for no backwards compatibility. :unsure:

It is indeed. It's essentially impossible to do so hardware wise, the PS4 doesn't have the power for emulation, nor the hardware compatibility for "semi-emulation" (like PS2 games on some later PS3 models) hence why they're going the "cloud gaming" route with it.

As for the Vita, I still have loads of stuff on my backlog to play, and honestly I'm more than ok with all of the PS2 Classics the thing has been getting, love playing greats like God of War/Ratchet and Clank on the go, and the occasional indie/weeaboo game isn't too terrible.

It's definitely a shame to see that it hasn't exactly kicked off like it should have yet, but it might just get a bump in a few years like the PS3/PSP did.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have, I just think that logic is retarded. It's essentially like saying "Umbrella? HA! Who needs'em? I live in a house, I have a roof over my head!" - well, good luck taking that roof with you when you need to go outside and it just happens to be raining.
even sony is not confident enough in the vita being a portable handheld that they just went with the vita-tv...

and umbrella tied to your front door wont do any good if it just happens to be raining

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Vitas problem was that all the games that probably would have shifted a fair few Vitas turned out to be a sack of shit. If COD had of been any good it would have worked wonders for the system. Then you have other games which were a perfect fit but were atrocious in the lack of care they got when being produced. Games like the Jak Collection, Ridge Racer, Resistance, Batman Arkham Origins, Silent Hill, Modnation Racers, Ninja Gaiden 2, Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed 3, GOW Collection. All of them were half baked or performed like ass on the vita and had care been put into them I dont think the Vita would be struggling "as much" as it is today.

But on topic, what I really want to see come out of Japan ASAP for the PS4 is a new Hot Shots Golf!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone