Sonic The Hedgehog

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So me and my friends were all smoking weed, but then I clued onto something.

Everybody who plays a Sonic game, we're all trolling ourselves and everyone along with it.

Think about. Sonic does nothing but release pretty much bad games right? And then we all see the reviews come in, we all play it, and we all say "this sucks." Then a trailer for the next game comes out. "This looks so good. It looks classic, it's going to be great. Better than last years."

That game comes out, we play it, reviews come out, we all hate it. Trailer for new game comes out "looks a lot better. I'll give it one more chance" Rinse and repeat.

I think we all secretly like the Sonic games, it's just become a joke now that we say bad things about it. Saying bad things about the games for Sonic means its good. We keep forking cash over and playing the new one. We're all idiots, we're all trolling each other.

Doesn't it make sense? I mean, that Sonic The Hedgehog for the newer consoles that came out, we all hated it. We saw trailers for Sonic Unleashed, wasn't that good. We see trailers for Sonic Colors, wasn't the best. We see trailers for Sonic Generations and are excited.

Or do you guys have a different theory?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Personally I prefer the more 'Classic' sonic games where you can progress through all the 'zones' to the End, or go back & play variations of the levels (find the Chao/Rings etc) you've already done (AKA 'Sonic Adventure 2')

Really hated the 'Magic Rings/Black Knight' type where you HAD to complete certain levels to unlock the next 'zone' - to me it spoils the story flow ('Unleashed' was a slight improvement to this game style IMHO) ....

I did like the 'Shadow the Hedgehog' one though (OK it wasn't 'Sonic' but it's still the same to me) - I liked the way how depending on how you played the game - you were either 'Good'/'Bad' or 'Neutral' & you had to play several times to work your way through the different paths of the 'story'

'Colours' isn't to bad I suppose (only played it a little bit) - it seems to be heading in the right direction towards the original classic Sonic style, but I'm hoping that 'Generations' will be better

As for the DS games - I preferred 'Sonic Rush' than 'Sonic Rush Adventure', didn't like 'Sonic Chronicles' & not played 'Sonic Colours' or 'Sonic Classic'

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only fun sonic game I ever played was Sonic Riders. (the first only, the second got completely ruined).
Sonic heroes wasn't too bad, but it wasn't fun enough to keep me interested for long.

All of the "classic" sonic games are terrible and boring as hell though.

Oh, and I guess sonic spinball used to be pretty fun back in the day.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
SonicCycle.jpg

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Colors was awesome to most and Unleashed would've been if it hadn't been ruined by the werehog stages. They're getting to it.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
As a Sonic Fan, I'd say every game I've played I liked.
Never played Sonic '06 (AKA Sonic Next, AKA Sonic 360), where the phisics seems to be really broken.
But the Wii Sonics are all fun to play (and that's what's important, to be fun).
Sonic Generations is just Sonic Colors (which by itself is just Unleashed's day portion [which by itself is just a full controllable The Secret of the Rings]) with the "Classic" portion on it. Is it bad? Not at all.

I jsut miss Sonic Adventure, because the newer games you basically just neet to hold UP (and ocasionally press the jump button) and the stage is done. I like to explore the stages (and that's why the 3D Mario games are so successfull).

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saved that Sonic Cycle picture. It's so true, and that's why it hurts. But It hurts in a weird funny way, like breaking your non existent funnybone.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
I never dislike any Sonic wii game I played really.

I think we need a game for only Shadow again.
happy.gif
[youtube]fzgCRfQ6ivU[/youtube]
Shadow The Hedgehog was bad and you should feel bad.
But anyway.
My favorite sonic's were the first 3 (including Sonic And Knuckles) SA1-2 were alright. everything after that is awful. Excluding colors. which was alright.
Although I'm currently looking forward to Generations)

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
ZaeZae64 said:
KingVamp said:

happy.gif
A game for Shadow doesn't necessarily mean a game like Shadow the Hedgehog

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
ZaeZae64 said:
KingVamp said:

happy.gif
True. But either way Shadow's a pretty bland character nowadays IMO. He would've been better if he stayed dead after his debut. Like E-102 Gamma.

Biochao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokesplosion.com
XP
Country
United States
ZaeZae64 said:
Ikki said:
ZaeZae64 said:
KingVamp said:

happy.gif
True. But either way Shadow's a pretty bland character nowadays IMO. He would've been better if he stayed dead after his debut. Like E-102 Gamma.

Gamma came back in Sonic Battle; although it implied that it was a different E-102.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Biochao said:
ZaeZae64 said:
Ikki said:
ZaeZae64 said:
KingVamp said:

happy.gif

Gamma came back in Sonic Battle; although it implied that it was a different E-102.
I don't really count spinoffs as canon.
That and I have no interest in said game at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.