godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No video, but sound is present.
Whatever was wrong before must be present again. Maybe install the previous build. This one no longer goes through the mods at bootup, probably to save time. I have another build without touch controls or ultrawide if you wanna try it.
Post automatically merged:

https://anonfiles.com/vegeZ5T0y9/app-debug_zip

that one has no mods.

https://github.com/Rubberduckycooly/Sonic-Mania-Decompilation/issues/177

another friend has the same problem as you. not sure why I don't, so I opened up an issue. I didn't do anything differently this time.

Last edited by godreborn,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. No video, but sound is there.

I remember this build definitely worked.
no idea what the problem is. it works fine for me, so it must be a bug on their end. I opened an issue about it, but they haven't responded.

nothing new, but here's one with the sonic icon and correct name, the previous version is RSDKv5:

https://anonfiles.com/E4N0y9U9y8/app-debug_zip

Reactions: Marc_LFD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing special, but I made a new build above.

btw, @Shockwave_S08 , there is no longer a directory selection screen with the new builds. I'm not sure why. it also doesn't have that blue box with the mods being added, perhaps to speed up booting on both accounts. I don't know if that could impact you if you've changed directories for the dependencies.

also, try using this:

here's a new build. I put an symlink to GameAPI in the jni folder this time. I'm not sure if it will have any impact on the black screen.

https://anonfiles.com/EdNd2bUcyb/app-debug_zip

Attachments

• mods.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 40

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a couple more things using my mom's phone: don't upgrade gradle in android studio and use a lower version of libogg (two separate builds). neither worked. works fine on my phone, but what's odd is that one, previous build is the only one that seems to work on all phones. before that, it would work for you guys and my mom, but it wouldn't work for my phone (video). now, it's the opposite. I hope they correct this as it makes me feel incompetent. :(

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the build in this post, and I had the black screen issue too. However, once I renamed the OGL folder in the Shaders mod to GL3, I got video back. If you're having issues with audio but no video in the builds, try that.

EDIT: Accidentally posted before I finished the post.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried the build in this post, and I had the black screen issue too. However, once I renamed the OGL folder in the Shaders mod to GL3, I got video back. If you're having issues with audio but no video in the builds, try that.

That's what they say on github. I got a response a few hours ago.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BTW, where is the ogl folder? I asked on github, but haven't gotten a response yet.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shockwave_S08 , I'm not sure if you saw this. if it crashes on you, please report the information in the issue thing I started on github. it's a known issue, and there are just too many different make/models of phones, so it's a pita. this is like the previous one where you select a folder, give privileges, shows mod screen before starting game, so it does fix the black screen issue according to a friend. I never had that problem myself. it also doesn't crash on me at all, but it's random with my mom's phone. it seems to only crash on boot, if it does crash at all, so open and close it a few times and see what happens:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/could-someone-test-this-sonic-mania-android-build.625712/

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this build close to being stable/final? I'd love to have Sonic Mania on my Android phone.

Installed Sonic 1-2, 3 A.I.R., CD, and Runners Adventure (bought it for 99c which was fine but had I knew it's an online-only game I'd have not done so).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this build close to being stable/final? I'd love to have Sonic Mania on my Android phone.

Installed Sonic 1-2, 3 A.I.R., CD, and Runners Adventure (bought it for 99c which was fine but had I knew it's an online-only game I'd have not done so).
Not really. Not all phones work, but it works fine if your phone is compatible.

Reactions: Marc_LFD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44