Gaming Sonic mania £9

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what im saying is everything you buy on a pal e shop is tyed to all your pal accounts just try it.
EDIT: To avoid confusions I add this note.
I was wrong. Check the explanation here.

The original post follows:
But your account is not PAL. It is either Russian, or German, or Spanish, etc.
Let's say you buy a game in the Russian eShop because it is cheaper.
Then you want to buy another one in the Spanish eShop because it is not available in the Russian one.
You need a second account, and you need to keep both in your Switch so you can play their associated games.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But your account is not PAL. It is either Russian, or German, or Spanish, etc.
Let's say you buy a game in the Russian eShop because it is cheaper.
Then you want to buy another one in the Spanish eShop because it is not available in the Russian one.
You need a second account, and you need to keep both in your Switch so you can play their associated games.
after you buy the game on russion e shop you can redownload it on uk e shop or any other pal e shop you dont need to be inside your russian e shop to use it and it will be listed as bough on your uk e shop too.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
after you buy the game on russion e shop you can redownload it on uk e shop or any other pal e shop you dont need to be inside your russian e shop to use it and it will be listed as bough on your uk e shop too.

You don't need to enter an eShop to play a game, of course, that is not what I meant.
You only need to keep the account you used to buy it alive, and occupying one of the 8 user slots available in your Switch configuration (that is, linked to that specific Switch)
If you unlink that account, your "buy" status goes away on any eShop. (thus, you need to keep many different accounts linked)

PS: And actually, if that is not the case I will be very happy... I will create a Russian account, link it, throw 10€ right now to check that (who cares, it is a couple of bucks), and unlink and delete the Russian account. If it works I will report back, confirm that I was mistaken all along, and enjoy my new game for cheap. Wait for me....

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to enter an eShop to play a game, of course, that is not what I meant.
You only need to keep the account you used to buy it alive, and occupying one of the 8 user slots available in your Switch configuration (that is, linked to that specific Switch)
If you unlink that account, your "buy" status goes away on any eShop. (thus, you need to keep many different accounts linked)

PS: And actually, if that is not the case I will be very happy... I will create a Russian account, link it, throw 10€ right now to check that (who cares, it is a couple of bucks), and unlink and delete the Russian account. If it works I will report back, confirm that I was mistaken all along, and enjoy my new game for cheap. Wait for me....
You're going to need a credit/debit card which can be used all over the world, or eshop points for that country. I tried last night. Any other way won't work. Sorry.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the purchase went through without any problem.
Now, without completing the download, I will unlink the account...
How did you manage that? Anyone else who've tried, have have gotten an error while using a card. They'd have to use an international card which works across all countries, or an eshop code, which aren't available in Russia (over the net, to other country users)

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How did you manage that? Anyone else who've tried, have have gotten an error while using a card. They'd have to use an international card which works across all countries, or an eshop code, which aren't available in Russia (over the net, to other country users)

My credit card is German, and it works all around the world, never had a problem.
Anyway, as I explained the thing didn't work.
I will post a couple of pictures in a moment.
RbqRcur.jpg

O7rpMbG.jpg

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My credit card is German, and it works all around the world, never had a problem.
Anyway, as I explained the thing didn't work.
I will post a couple of pictures in a moment.
Oh yes. That explains why it worked. Most people don't have an international credit card, or whatever they're called. Glad you got it on the cheap-o!

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, now I tried this other method, and this works like a charm.
You can really change the region of your account as many times as you want without any delay or time penalty?
God, this is golden.
Seems like it! :D
I mean, everyone still earns money so win-win?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
glad it works for you all aswell FYI I only used my visa debit card nothing special always on the look out for a bargain
Yes, I checked the email from Nintendo and it's Nintendo of Europe. So it's very legit for us even if we bought it in Russia ;)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

preety sure all pal regon e shops can redownload stuff since you only have one pal account and change the switch language to russian you are ont in russia region but a pal account that goes to the translated russian e shop with russian prices so you dont creat a new account per say same for french ,german and etc, you only need 3 accounts
pal region,usa and jap, no need for several pal region accounts just language change.
It doesn't work like that. You buy from a specific account, you can only download from that account. Period.

This isn't mix and match.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes you can redownload it from the uk store
Alright then. I still won't bother to make more accounts just to get a game cheaper digitally.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It doesn't work like that. You buy from a specific account, you can only download from that account. Period.

This isn't mix and match.

Alright then. I still won't bother to make more accounts just to get a game cheaper digitally.
people already confirmed you can redownload it from your other region pal account once its purchased, you forget that the pal download is the exact same download for all regions in pal so there is no diference on the file itself you get on russian or uk or french store.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It works a treat! I've just done it myself. Swapped my account over to russia like @sarkwalvein mentioned in his link https://accounts.nintendo.com/profile/edit save it and accept the terms, go into eshop and put your original password in, its in russian language but its quite straight forward to understand but just select the game, pay for it with your card I only used a basic visa debit card and it worked no issues. Let the game fully download, then change your region back https://accounts.nintendo.com/profile/edit to UK or whichever region your in and then re-start eshop put your original eshop password back in and it should say purchased on Sonic Mania, go back out of eshop and start your game as you would with your original account, it works all ok and I checked my online bank account and it did charge me the £9.00 only! Wow that's quite mad tbh and I'm sure Nintendo will catch onto this asap and get it sorted so I suggest buy it while you can.

Edit: The games is all in English language and has "English" set as standard, which is really bizarre :wacko:

I forgot to mention as well, if you have a hacked wiiu with cbhc on it make sure when the screen comes up about unlinking your 3ds & wiiu account, you just press B to back that up don't confirm anything on that screen else it will unlink your wiiu account on your wiiu and your cbhc ds title will brick on boot up because it wont be linked anymore to that account or your wiiu's memory. Or I'm not sure if this may work but if you do by mistake click on unlink then make sure you go back into eshop on your original Switch account and put your password in and access it and go back out, maybe that might be ok instead.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Works like a charm!

My steps:
I already had an US Nintendo Account
Setup a new RU account on the switch, received the code on email and set to the console.
Access to eshop with RU account
Pay with my international credit card.
Done! Sonic Mania for < $12 USD

PS: To chilean users, CMR Visa works directly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol