Sonic 2 HD Remake 2 weeks away

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may have looked great for "that generation" but that has nothing to do with looking great now. Back then, the graphics were impressive. Now... They suck compared to what's possible.

How do those two sentences not contradict each other?

Because it has nothing to do with retro rules, but that's how.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Because it has nothing to do with retro rules, but that's how.

You haven't really elaborated your position. It has nothing to do with retro, but it's not supposed to look like a modern game (therefore it's supposed to look..... retro?)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic 2 HD looks nice, and yeah i wish sega maybe had done that with sonic trilogy, but there isn't anything wrong with pixel sprites games cause people still make them today, is always been about HOW you make it look. NES games look appealing when done right, sonic mania is just better animated and lively and colorful than the genesis game, sonic 4 did make a more modern looking game but people seem to hated it (I don't I like sonic 4, sylvania castle and the other zones look very well graphically)

I remember there was a emulator to make the sonic 2 rom visually HD, i never figured out how to make it work but I maybe considered sometime to try again and post screenshots. Anyway i'm glad, back a few years ago the demo was very good so now i hope is better.

Back to hating on pixel sprites, is nothing wrong with it. I can understand people being upset that you have a brand new amazing powerful system capable of so many polygons and 3d image processing on screen in 1080P or 4K and expect games to look like it cause the system is capable of it, doesn't mean it has to. Sonic mania is a $20 game, not $40 or $60 like sonic generations. The game is a celebration of classic sonic games before it was going 3D, and using the genesis inspired retro graphics was a decision they made. It looks good, detailed environments, more stuff going on than before and very lively colors. Pixel sprites and 3D HD polygons both are fine graphic and respectable opinions to each their own. :)

Reactions: Touko White

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK whether you're stupid or just playing dumb... The sonic series along some other titles (namely the ones developed by TREASURE) are some of the best looking games of that console generation.

AFAIK Sega doesn't DMCA fan projects, they know fans make much better games then they do.

That's not true. they sent a c&d to a team making sonic retro cd. a mod of sonic cd with elements from sonics 1-3. later however they actually hired most of the team. the project they created for sega is infact sonic mania

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I am actually looking forward for it..

but yeah I agree, some remakes just ruin the perfection that the retro scene loves so much...

I am looking at you Bandai Namco and Budokai 3 "HD remaster" done for the PS3... the PS2 version is just too superior to even consider getting the PS3 version

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it will only be a demo anyway so expect this to be ready in another 3 years that's usually how long these fan projects take...that is IF they don't abandon it like many do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up