Hacking Some PSP games in TN-V11 are slow and unplayable

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSTV on FW 3.52, and I just went through everything to get TN-V 11 working as a bubble. I was able to transfer games fine, but one in particular (Phantasy Star Portable 2) runs so slow it's absolutely unplayable. Other games, like MegaMan Powered Up for example, run perfectly fine.

Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it? I thought the virtual PSP mode had perfect 1:1 support for PSP games, and that PS1 games were the only ones with a problem. I used the echochrome demo as a base, if it matters.

Edit: Actually, now all games I try are laggy, even the ones I tried that worked initially. This is very strange. What could be the problem?

Last edited by ubergeek77,

Dr. Dew

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
what format are your games? iso, cso, or dax?

also when on tn home menu press select to pull up the VSH menu, and check that
you didnt lower the clock speed on accident.

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
what format are your games? iso, cso, or dax?

also when on tn home menu press select to pull up the VSH menu, and check that
you didnt lower the clock speed on accident.

Good point. I'd personally recommend cranking the clock speed all the way up for both menu and games, 333mhz all the way. Some games that suffer obvious slowdown as played on a real PSP at the original 222mhz clock speed (Me & My Katamari and OutRun 2006 I'm looking in your direction) actually improve the gameplay speed.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. They're all ISO, and I suppose it's possible I messed up the clock speed by accident, and I hadn't really considered that (it's almost too easy to accidentally press left on the VSH menu when scrolling down to recovery, especially since it's a PSTV and a controller), but I went ahead and set everything up again anyway. I had some problems with my own PSN account, since you can only have 3 devices at a time, so I just made a new PSN and installed everything again. Everything is good to go!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    +2
    "My party doesn't lie!!" ummm politician not lying? Has hell frozen over? lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Tries calling them
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tries calling them