Hacking Some additional questions about performing a System Transfer

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two PS3 systems, both the same model and on both on the same version of the ReBug CFW.

I have been trying to research what would be the best way to clone one system to the other, and from what I have gathered, the best way to do this is the official System Transfer feature, which apparently just copies most of the HDD over, including homebrew and installed games (supposedly?). From my understanding, this will transfer everything over while keeping all the original data on the original PS3 except for two things:

1. Trophies, which will remain on the original system.

2. Locked saves, which will be moved to the new system and deleted from the original.

And I would like to know if there is anything I can do about these two.

Trophies:
The most common answer for trophies I get is "just sync them to your account", which is not possible as both the PS3s are on CFW. All these were created back on my main PSN account long before I hacked the PS3, and I also use that account on my PS4, so I don't want to risk it being banned.

I tried to Google information about this, and found some mention of copying some files over and then running a database rebuild to fix the trophies, and that makes them display.... but this method doesn't really work, as attempting to play a game after this this will have it complain that your trophies are corrupt and reset them to nothing. This information was also several years old and I couldn't find anything newer.

Is anyone aware of ANY way to copy or manage trophies from one system to another? Any homebrew apps or anything for this?

Locked saves:
Would the locked saves be in any way keyed or encrypted or something to the system they are on? Or would I be able to use homebrew apps to just copy them back? If so, are there any apps designed for the copying or possibly even removing the locked status of these saves?

One last thing I wanted to ask:
The reason I want to clone the system is because my old PS3 is having CPU overheating issues, and I haven't been able to fix it nor find someone who could, so I bought another used PS3 that was exactly the same, put CFW on it, and am going to clone the old PS3 to the new one. Is anyone aware if the transfer process is CPU intensive? The harddrive is 1TB and mostly full, so it's going to take several hours. If it puts a large load on the CPU during this process I am worried the old system might give out before the transfer can be finished.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as for the locked saves they can always be modified. I am sure the trophies are stored somewhere on the user files so you could use FTP and copy the trophy data. About the CPU just make sure the PS3 is in a large space and if possible have fans around it cheering it on (jk), but yeah have fans around to keep it cool and everything should be fine if you are that worried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up