Hardware soldering tips

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you be able to record you removing that solder you did in that previous video, fair enough if you cant be bothered, must be doing your head in by now.
Well I used solder wick... But I'll show you how I guess

EDIT: video is uploading, it's gonna take awhile I'll post it when it's done

Last edited by dark_samus3,

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I used solder wick... But I'll show you how I guess

EDIT: video is uploading, it's gonna take awhile I'll post it when it's done
This is where i meant for the red x is this where the ground goes now has a red circle around it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 133

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is where i meant for the red x is this where the ground goes now has a red circle around it.
I do see it now lol, but I already showed you where I recommend to solder it... I THINK that's a ground pad but I'm not 100% sure, it's up to you but I say don't add solder to any pads you don't have to that don't already have solder on them

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I do see it now lol, but I already showed you where I recommend to solder it... I THINK that's a ground pad but I'm not 100% sure, it's up to you but I say don't add solder to any pads you don't have to that don't already have solder on them

I had issues getting it connected to the where you recommended, as the wires that were already connected, were in the way.

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, well as long as that's actually ground then you're good, also video keeps failing to upload :(
ok thanks im not sure its ground though as the quality of the picture i have is poor... Just realised it's all done now but i cant do this mod open case because the battery wont stay put without the case on :(. Got the third one in first attempt a lot easier than the thicker wires had no problem with it.

Last edited by mijuu,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks im not sure its ground though as the quality of the picture i have is poor... Just realised it's all done now but i cant do this mod open case because the battery wont stay put without the case on :(. Got the third one in first attempt a lot easier than the thicker wires had no problem with it.

Hmm, well I'd say take the little thing out of the corner and put the wires through that then put the top on, and maybe just redo the wires now so you don't have to later

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, well I'd say take the little thing out of the corner and put the wires through that then put the top on, and maybe just redo the wires now so you don't have to later
Think ive fucked it, i was messing about with the other end of one of the bigger cables and accidentally pulled it out off the soldered connection. i think ive bugered it. shit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

help or am i screwed? i can see the gold thing on the end of the wire cmd any alternatives?

cmd point it is

Last edited by mijuu,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think ive fucked it, i was messing about with the other end of one of the bigger cables and accidentally pulled it out off the soldered connection. i think ive bugered it. shit.

help or am i screwed? i can see the gold thing on the end of the wire cmd any alternatives?

cmd point it is

Well your only alternative is to scrape some of the green stuff down to the bare copper and use some really small wire on it (the 80 wire stuff is small enough)

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well your only alternative is to scrape some of the green stuff down to the bare copper and use some really small wire on it (the 80 wire stuff is small enough)

So i scrape the green chip it self? or that white gunk stuff around the nand chip

Attachments

• DSC_0055.JPG
    DSC_0055.JPG
    908.6 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0056.JPG
    DSC_0056.JPG
    881.5 KB · Views: 116

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i scrape the green chip it self? or that white gunk stuff around the nand chip

It's the green stuff underneath the white gunk, you'll see it as a little line that goes from where the pad was to under the chip... And replace those other wires with the thinner wires too

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is
It's the green stuff underneath the white gunk, you'll see it as a little line that goes from where the pad was to under the chip... And replace those other wires with the thinner wires too

is it possible that lifting the pad has stripped the trace copper as well or is that unlikely. Dont think im going to be able to fix this really.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by dark_samus3,

mijuu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it probably didn't... If I were you I'd find someone who is more skilled than you to scratch it and repair it

EDIT: here's a small video detailing the process

https://www.mediafire.com/watch/g165moo3t64c87l/VID_20151022_222442.mp4

Yea that repair is defo beyond my skill for sure.

it probably didn't... If I were you I'd find someone who is more skilled than you to scratch it and repair it

EDIT: here's a small video detailing the process

https://www.mediafire.com/watch/g165moo3t64c87l/VID_20151022_222442.mp4
better pic not that its of much use.

Attachments

• IMAG0269.jpg
    IMAG0269.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 107

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches