Gaming Sol Trigger - English Translation

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patch looks great! Some typos here and there, but it looks great.
Now I know what skills should I use in battle. xP
Running out of SOL is incredibly easy tho. O.o

BTW, there are a shitton of stuff in ALL CAPS, is it going to be like that in the final patch? (It's mostly names from what I've seen.)

There's a lot of text that which will need checking and possibly replacing before the final version.
At the moment the names, special effects and some abbreviations are in caps,
might switch the names to lower and edit the font so it's more readable.

Stuff like LIFE and SOL are in all caps because that's how it was originally

Reactions: Kalker3

JuliusEra

majestix1988
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
testing it on PPSSPP(i guess on passing grade(need Buffering ON due Black Boxes/ va sound issues(i guess that ppsspp fault) but still the game playable

No problems found on this one while playing, i guess its same issues said by Kalker3 but still the font need to fix(maybe ask other guys(editors) on other projects on this site or let them inspect the font issues to edit instead manually by yourself (dont worry they dont bite...this is a good game to play)

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
testing it on PPSSPP(i guess on passing grade(need Buffering ON due Black Boxes/ va sound issues(i guess that ppsspp fault) but still the game playable

No problems found on this one while playing, i guess its same issues said by Kalker3 but still the font need to fix(maybe ask other guys(editors) on other projects on this site or let them inspect the font issues to edit instead manually by yourself (dont worry they dont bite...this is a good game to play)

Just as a heads up PPSSPP automatically catches memory exceptions which means some errors might be overlooked,
this can be turned off in options though.

The font file has already be posted on this thread and on another forum site.

Michael Tripp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance you can upload the current and future patches to a place like Mediafire or Google? Having an issue getting it from the link you provided. Sounds like alot of progress is being made. A good year for PSP fan translations so far.

Siquall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your work on this great game, i will play it (again) when the translation will be completed :)

This game deserve a good translation, like Valkyria chonicles 3 et fftype 0 .

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't wait for the full thing, it's gorgeous so far :D
Those menu entries though don't seem like they could be translated before the font width is reduced to fit in more letters than the Japanese eight allowed before text overflows/game crashes.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to use xdelta, see if the size is better.

Thanks for the suggestion, I might look into it since the patch ended up quite large because of the switched movie file.

Thank you for your work on this great game, i will play it (again) when the translation will be completed :)

This game deserve a good translation, like Valkyria chonicles 3 et fftype 0 .

Thanks

I can't wait for the full thing, it's gorgeous so far :D
Those menu entries though don't seem like they could be translated before the font width is reduced to fit in more letters than the Japanese eight allowed before text overflows/game crashes.

Yea, that why I've left it for now. I'll be trying to sort it again over the weekend.

Michael Tripp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also uploaded a copy on DropBox because that's the only other service I'm registered for.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kn12ysgnu5dogav/SOLeng.ppf

Thanks for the second link. I actually was able to get it from the original on a different PSP browser. Just a quick question. I realize the translation wasn't fully finished and wasn't expecting that. But maybe I wasn't remembering my first run completely but was the video quality on cutscenes lowered? Just seemed less virbrant. And I had an issue with some of the rendered cutscenes not having any sound from the characters. Doesn't happen much but it happened also when I imported and played it in Japanese too in some places. Keep up the good work!

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your right about the video, multiple re-encodes are needed to add the hardsubs which lowers the quality slightly.
I didn't notice any sound problems myself when I was using a PSP.

D

Deleted User

I'll point some things i found, many if this you might be aware but since i'm not sure i'll just post anyway.
Some might be intentional and some might be impossible to fix with the current font width. (bear with me)

Lets get to it:
q2k6.jpg

Missing an e. If it doesn't fit could be changed to "Stay"

6kvl.jpg

An "r" didn't fit could be rephrased to "After selling materials new products will appear" or something you like, translation must never be literal it just need to make sense in English.

g94p.jpg

"This is place is too quiet" -> "This place is too quiet"

2tkx.jpg

It doesn't fit, Maybe change "it is" to "it's" to see if it fits or rephrase.

kjrq.jpg

Something didn't fit here i don't get the first sentence.

2e44.jpg

Missing text at the end of the line.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks the screenshots are great, the problems all seem fixable.
The game has lots of little quirks, for example the first one despite the bar being huge it automatically cuts off text.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"And yes,We know about the font"
I laughed way too much.

What happened to XenoTranslations?
I (JamRules) was not part of XenoTranslations so all I know is they seemed to disappear, accept for GareJei who is now the main translation for this project.

I think you might have meant "except for(...)".

Reactions: JamRules

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT