Hacking SoftChip Backup Loader

dewisant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Quick and dirty: Get cIOS37 from cioscorp, install it and select IOS37 in SoftChip. All games using usb intruments should work with it.

How would I install cios37 from cioscorp. I assumed installing cioscorp would overwrite cios 38 rev14 and have been fretting for weeks now.
I am a big fan of neogamma and cios38 rev14.

It is all we use (the kids and I).

I would love the get GH5 working too, without effecting my setup.
Would this "Quick and dirty" method work?

Cheers
dewisant

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dewisant said:
WiiPower said:
Quick and dirty: Get cIOS37 from cioscorp, install it and select IOS37 in SoftChip. All games using usb intruments should work with it.

How would I install cios37 from cioscorp. I assumed installing cioscorp would overwrite cios 38 rev14 and have been fretting for weeks now.
I am a big fan of neogamma and cios38 rev14.

It is all we use (the kids and I).

I would love the get GH5 working too, without effecting my setup.
Would this "Quick and dirty" method work?

Cheers
dewisant

I said install cIOS37 from cioscorp, not install cioscorp. "Quick and dirty" will only overwrite your IOS37 and not touch any other IOS or the cIOS.

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
i compiling error

use devppc r16, libogc 1.7.1+wiipower post.

http://www.mediafire.com/?njjxi1j0mij

C:\Devkitpro\projects\wii\wii-softchip\loader>make
linking ... SoftChip.elf
c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libogc.a(ipc.o): In function `__ios_ioctlvformat_par
se':
ipc.c:(.text.__ios_ioctlvformat_parse+0x1a8): undefined reference to `__ctype_pt
r__'
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-gekko/4.2.4/../../../../powerpc-ge
kko/bin/ld.exe: c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libogc.a(ipc.o)(.text.__ios_ioctlvfo
rmat_parse+0x1a8): unresolvable R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation against symbol `__cty
pe_ptr__'
ipc.c:(.text.__ios_ioctlvformat_parse+0x60c): undefined reference to `__ctype_pt
r__'
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-gekko/4.2.4/../../../../powerpc-ge
kko/bin/ld.exe: c:/devkitPro/libogc/lib/wii\libogc.a(ipc.o)(.text.__ios_ioctlvfo
rmat_parse+0x60c): unresolvable R_PPC_EMB_SDA21 relocation against symbol `__cty
pe_ptr__'
kko/bin/ld.exe: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/Devkitpro/projects/wii/wii-softchip/loader/SoftChip.elf] Error
make: *** [build] Error 2

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
i just can't get softchip to work properly. i on r99 right now but i have tried r100, 101, and 102. i always get one of two things.

1. code dumps

2. hangs

and my main issue is getting RB2 wireless drums to play on RB2 backup disc. I have pretty much given up but I trying to keep hope alive. (24 hours straight so far)

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
ok nevermind, I took a short nap to get some more energy woke up and I finally got it working. What the hell!!!??? After all this f**king time, now it wants to work properly! god!!!

Anyway, the only thing that isn't working is Guitar hero 5 and I am about to start my research on it now. I keep getting error 002# when i try to load GH5.

and when I say "i got it working" I am referring to my RB2 drums working properly with all of my games EXCEPT GH5 (error 002#). I never got that piece of crap Softchip software working so I trashed that s**t.

destroyrobots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
salamai said:
ok nevermind, I took a short nap to get some more energy woke up and I finally got it working. What the hell!!!??? After all this f**king time, now it wants to work properly! god!!!

Anyway, the only thing that isn't working is Guitar hero 5 and I am about to start my research on it now. I keep getting error 002# when i try to load GH5.

and when I say "i got it working" I am referring to my RB2 drums working properly with all of my games EXCEPT GH5 (error 002#). I never got that piece of crap Softchip software working so I trashed that s**t.

This is what I've been trying to do for a week (get my RB2 instruments to work with other backups). How did you do it without SoftChip? Thanks!

lopaka311

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all new here.. Whats new with version 102 that I saw on the last page? the main problem I have been having is game errors mid game on just about all of my back ups can some one help me figure this out? I get told by the almighty wii that it cant read the disk mid game.

lopaka311

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wacko.gif

I tried another media... nothing...tried another buning speed nothing....tried putting my head through a wall....tihll nohtnig... any help would be appreciated ... thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...