Gaming So, what do you think of the Battlefield 3 beta so far?

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Imo, it looks good for a beta. I've experienced few lag issues so far. And some people have already managed to find glitches to stay below the floor. Wow.

Aside from, that, they did a good job with this, but I think the map is too big for 24 players. I guess that's why the PC has more players than console versions.

Update: Game froze while I pressed the PS button when it was showing the EA logo. And what ikki said in his BF3 PC post. it's kinda hard to see if a person is a teammate or not.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I've had no problems except for me being stupid.

Maybe some lag when throwing a nade/knifing, it gets some important delay between the pushing of the key and the action, but I blame my 1.7mbps connection on that

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
BF is meant to play with 32 players. Thats why people get it on the PC instead of the consoles. And it doesnt seem the PS3/Xbox360 can handle the 32 players. Might be wrong though. So unless ur 32 players, then yeah the map is too big.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
kevan said:
Wow the smallest (I think) map is too big for you?
Hes too pro for the map you mean
tongue.gif

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, so far I've been able to play 2 games, then all the kids got home and the servers crashed or something. Can't connect right now, but from my experience so far I'm not really impressed. I suck at aiming far distance for some reasons. (I can do it in CoD and GTAIV easy, but not this game?)
Also I gotta agree the 1 map we can play on so far is pretty HUGE for not so many players. Anyways I mainly only play GTA4 for leaderboards so that's probably why I suck at it. :/

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Alright, played a little bit more, been disconnected from the server but I like it now that I can see who's my enemy and who isn't
tongue.gif

The lack of vehicles and bigger destructible stuff gives it a very Call of Duty feeling, that'll probably be different once the bigger maps are launched with the full game but it still annoys me a bit. Besides it being called a beta most people are taking it as a demo and it kinda lacks what makes Battlefield unique.
That could turn out bad.

adammay02

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ikki said:
Alright, played a little bit more, been disconnected from the server but I like it now that I can see who's my enemy and who isn't
tongue.gif

The lack of vehicles and bigger destructible stuff gives it a very Call of Duty feeling, that'll probably be different once the bigger maps are launched with the full game but it still annoys me a bit. Besides it being called a beta most people are taking it as a demo and it kinda lacks what makes Battlefield unique.
That could turn out bad.

I am enjoying the beta, and the PC version is far superior to the PS3.
On full release it will be 64 player servers, and vehicles will be there. The one downside to BF2 was that the maps were to small for the planes and copters, so the bigger maps is a massive improvement. obvioulsy there will be smaller maps as well as larger ones.
and yes as its in beta it has been buggy and some of the features do not work, like changing squads for example. The beta is amazing in my view, cannot wait for the full retail release

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maps are WAAY too big on consoles. Seriously, 24 players on 64-player maps? Why didn't they just shrink the maps in accordance to the consoles' limitations?

Also, game froze on me 3 times during my first 30mins with the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay