Gaming So hows LoZ:aLBW?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about to pick it up, but I know it may take a while to download (from the eshop)

Is the game fun? Ive been waiting for this for quite a while

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finished it earlier today, and it's pretty good. The dungeons are a bit shorter than what we're used to, but they have some great ideas. Story wise it's a good, if somewhat predictable, Zelda plot (though I feel that the second Triforce makes the 'normal' Triforce just a bit less special). The whole rental system is pretty nice too, simply because you can do everything in (almost) every order (you need to do the first three dungeons to access the rest, and one of the items needed for one of the later dungeons require you to finish one of the others first).
The bosses were a bit, well not bad, but a bit meh though. And by that I mean that most bosses were rather easy, and recycled from earlier games. Still, the difficulty is the only, very minor, gripe that I have with the game. It really is rather easy, and I can see why this is the case (mainly because you can do all the dungeons in any order, which means that all the bosses must be weak enough to be defeated while having few hearts, and they can't just cater to longtime fans who know what they're doing). All in all, it's pretty damn great :D .

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got it yesterday evening, and, according to the activity log, it took me 10 hours and 35 minutes.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sort of in between, I bought all but one of the items, upgraded a bunch of stuff etc., but I didn't get everything (from what I can tell, I was missing four hearts, the Pegasus boots, some upgrades, and the red tunic).

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is actually pretty terrible if you ask me.

but that really depends on the player.
For example, I played wind waker at age 8 or so and it would take me hours just to get to places. I never beat the game until I was 11 or 12 even then it still took me a long time.

I got the wiiu wind waker bundle and I beat wwhd nearly 100% in 14 hours. I've played it countless times so I knew where most of the stuff is

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nobody said it's too long... It's way too short! :/
Ah, that makes sense.
I dunno, I think that's mainly because of my playing style (It's mainly looking at the map, and plotting the fastest course to get there), and gaming instincts (so to speak). I've played enough Zelda games to know what they want me to do :P, and I guess that's what'll be the biggest hurdle for veteran players, we 'know' the answers to most of the puzzles (if that makes sense).
That's....disappointingly short for a Zelda game, what gives? Good thing I don',t have a 3DS anymore. And people said Super Mario 3D World was too short :/
3D Land was far shorter, I finished that game 100% in 4 hours, on my first playthrough! It's one of the few Mario games I really didn't like, simply because it was so easy that it was almost insulting.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that makes sense.
I dunno, I think that's mainly because of my playing style (It's mainly looking at the map, and plotting the fastest course to get there), and gaming instincts (so to speak). I've played enough Zelda games to know what they want me to do :P, and I guess that's what'll be the biggest hurdle for veteran players, we 'know' the answers to most of the puzzles (if that makes sense).

3D Land was far shorter, I finished that game 100% in 4 hours, on my first playthrough! It's one of the few Mario games I really didn't like, simply because it was so easy that it was almost insulting.

Glad I didn't get that either, but oy vey man, not even 11 hours for A Link Between Worlds? Oh and I meant the Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U, not Land lol :P I heard that game takes far longer than eight hours if you get everything.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Glad I didn't get that either, but oy vey man, not even 11 hours for A Link Between Worlds? Oh and I meant the Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U, not Land lol :P I heard that game takes far longer than eight hours if you get everything.
Yeah, I'm a bit leery for 3D World because of Land. While it seems like it'd be great fun, 3D Land pissed me off way too much for it's own good :angry:.
I get what you mean though, it seems a bit short. But then again, when you do the minigames to get Rupees, collect bees etc. it should take longer. I just skipped most of them because I found enough rupees to get by with (missing any game over screens etc. helped too, I don't even know what they look like, or what it looks like when Ravio takes your items back :D(which, incidentally can also take time to regain))

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm a bit leery for 3D World because of Land. While it seems like it'd be great fun, 3D Land pissed me off way too much for it's own good :angry:.
I get what you mean though, it seems a bit short. But then again, when you do the minigames to get Rupees, collect bees etc. it should take longer. I just skipped most of them because I found enough rupees to get by with (missing any game over screens etc. helped too, I don't even know what they look like, or what it looks like when Ravio takes your items back :D(which, incidentally can also take time to regain))

dont forget tho
to complete the Game 100% you need to do the Normal Playthrough
then the Hero Mode Playthrough
which then unlocked something more special :P
reported to take 18.5 Hours total to complete everything to game offers

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I plan on doing that sometimes next week (I have some school work that really needs to be done first, after that it's straight back to the game :D)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock