Gaming So federation force weren't all that bad?

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
at this p0int its just butt hurt fanboys. if it was called federation force, it would get 8's easy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's okay but i'd wait for a sale. even on its own it's still pretty mediocre. So many games do what it does better. The controls feel a bit weird to me and customization is lacking. Co-op is more bearable than solo but the messages to communicate are tedious. If you want a challenge do it solo but if you want to get all the medals and high scores your best playing with a competent team.
how did you play? i was using an o3ds with circle pad pro so imo the controls were great. CO-OP is great with friends, not so much random people. I see what youre saying though.

D

Deleted User

I played a few minutes of it and first impression from the controls: I wish they added a traditional shooter setup using the stylus to aim like in Metroid Prime: Hunters. Using motion controls isn't always an option and since I was playing in bed I switched the the C-Stick method which left a bit to be desired.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think people would have cared that much if Nintendo had released an actual Metroid Prime game as well.
How I see it most Metroid fans, me included, have been waiting for a main series game (or even a 2D episode/remake) for a while, and instead of that they bring us a cutesy, chibi spin-off.
No matter how enjoyable the game is, people are gonna be pissed.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played a few minutes of it and first impression from the controls: I wish they added a traditional shooter setup using the stylus to aim like in Metroid Prime: Hunters. Using motion controls isn't always an option and since I was playing in bed I switched the the C-Stick method which left a bit to be desired.
the best way to play is probably an o3ds with a circle pad pro or at least thats how i play.

Reactions: Raylight

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the best way to play is probably an o3ds with a circle pad pro or at least thats how i play.
I second this. I've tried playing on a 3DS with motion controls and a N3DS XL with the C Stick and neither really feel fantastic in comparison. I feel like they could be enjoyable if you took time to get used to them, but they really don't leave a good first impression.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoyed the demo!. I have the game now and it's okay. Gameplay is fun, but a little boring, maybe because i'm playing campain alone, with a few friends it should be a lot more fun I guess. Playing online now is still hard, barely any people paying and I have to play with the AI.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
at this p0int its just butt hurt fanboys. if it was called federation force, it would get 8's easy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how did you play? i was using an o3ds with circle pad pro so imo the controls were great. CO-OP is great with friends, not so much random people. I see what youre saying though.
N3ds xl. i just stuck with the first config the c-stick just don't feel right. the game just feels empty and simple at times when compared to other games. its fun but not great

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
N3ds xl. i just stuck with the first config the c-stick just don't feel right. the game just feels empty and simple at times when compared to other games. its fun but not great
yeah, i could never play on a c-stick. makes sense. This game is great with a circle pad pro so best to try that out.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really enjoyed the demo!. I have the game now and it's okay. Gameplay is fun, but a little boring, maybe because i'm playing campain alone, with a few friends it should be a lot more fun I guess. Playing online now is still hard, barely any people paying and I have to play with the AI.

is the game actually hard? i feel like i remember them saying that the enemies hp/damage doesn't scale to the number of players

D

Deleted User

Yeah they pretty much alienated N3DS users that aren't casual players, I'm not going to downgrade for one game especially when they already perfected stylus controls in MPH but decided they would push the gimmick methods instead.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah they pretty much alienated N3DS users that aren't casual players, I'm not going to downgrade for one game especially when they already perfected stylus controls in MPH but decided they would push the gimmick methods instead.
i bet it was in development with circle pad pro in mind. sucks they wont make an n3ds pro controller of some sort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo